MarkusOSX

LDD MOC - Pure 8x8 TrialTruck

When I have finished the first version I will probably take it apart for building the new version. I like the orange but white also looks good, be interesting to see if it looks as good in white when built, I dont have many white panels so will stick to the orange. I still think the steering will be hard and may do some experimenting to get a better kingpin angle to reduce the scrub radius. That is the reason I didnt use the portal hubs in the ATcrane I am building. Another mod I would like would be two steering motors with their own remote channels so you can steer the front and rear seperately, then you could crab steer also.

Does anyone know a good and free file sharer for the LDD file ? I would like to share it to everyone.

Would be nice to see in RL.

Greetz

Markus

Looks great! :thumbup: You could use some of your 150-kB allotment by ATTACHING your Lego Digital Designer (LDD) .lxf file here, on your Eurobricks Reply. Or, you can use Microsoft SkyDrive (like I do) for larger files (like PDF Building Instructions).

I just got my 9398 today so i,ll have a better time building the remote for this, but first I have to build the 9398, LOL. Kinda stoaked, have some ideas on mods for it. By then you should have the instructions for this one figured out and up.

Dan

Some more changings....

New position for the receivers and a cage for them.

Also i´ve changed something at the steering part, to get different steering angle between the wheels on the front and same to the wheels on the back.

I think i´ll try to build it in blue.

8030254514_030f25e763_b.jpg

8030254370_0914706909_b.jpg

8030258855_e0510a6689_b.jpg

Greetz

Markus

Hi,

very nice MOC...

But it'll be hard to get the panels in blue... Some of them aren't aviable in blue...

Pat

Damn, what's about white ?

The LDD-File is to big to attach here (181kb)

Edited by MarkusOSX

Ok, you should be able to download the LDD-File for this truck here: 8x8 Truck v10

You´ll see that if you build the instruction in LDD; this is a very confusing step by step building..... LDD is not good for building instructions....

Edited by MarkusOSX

Hi Markus,

what about a Dropbox-Account? You can deeplink the LDD.

Thanks for the LDD!!!

And for the color - just check what it's aviable at Bricklink

Pat

Edited by Pat-Ard

Ok, here´s a link to the online instruction manual. There you will also find the partlist at the end and a printable Version.

I´m not very satisfied with the manual that LDD creates, but you will see what i mean.

Online building manual for 8x8 TrailTruck

I´ve ordered the first parts from brick link a few ago. I will build it in white.

Have fun

Markus

Edited by MarkusOSX

I'm very excited by your set (don't get me wrong :wacko: ). Will you post pictures of the building process, or a working video? I suppose the springs will get flatter due to the weight of the truck, AFAIK LDD has no way to demonstrate this.

Edited by Lost_In_Noise

I'm very excited by your set (don't get me wrong :wacko: ). Will you post pictures of the building process, or a working video?

I´m excited too :wink:, but this will be my xmas present, so it will take a while to finish... Yes, i ´ll make pics and maybe a video.

I suppose the springs will get flatter due to the weight of the truck, AFAIK LDD has no way to demonstrate this.

I will use the hard springs, but i also think that they will get flatter. If that happens i will maybe use another connectionpoint or other springs.

When I have finished the first version I will probably take it apart for building the new version.

@Bricktrain

I´ve found a little mistake in the first version. You need to change something at the steering axle for the rear wheels.

I´ll correct this this weekend and send you the new file then.

Got a little question to you.

This pic show´s how i want to build the truck. What do you think ? Black rims or grey rims ?

8031944439_3c93cfc5f5_c.jpg

8031944299_853c5ff1c7_c.jpg

Greetz

Markus

Edited by MarkusOSX

Does anyone know where to find this Rocket Step at briklink ?

Rocket Step 3x3x2 with cross - black

Greetz

Markus

Edited by MarkusOSX

Does anyone know where to find this Rocket Step at briklink ?

Rocket Step 3x3x2 with cross - black

Greetz

Markus

LDD Manager will help you to map your LDD part codes to BrickLink codes. It can even generate a wanted list of the needed parts so you can directly order them from the BrickLink.

Edited by hrontos

Thx very much :thumbup: , i´ve only found the service set with more parts.

Now i´ve got all parts at brink link i need.

Most i have ordered now.

More, if the parts will arrived :classic:

Greetz

Markus

btw. i´ve choosed the grey rims...

This will be the final version, which i wan´t to build it

8032368826_a15d8289b6_h.jpg

Edited by MarkusOSX

Yeah.....

the first parts arrived me :excited:

8049572344_c10241dea5_c.jpg

But as i said, this will be my x-mas gift for this year, so it will take a while to begin.

Greetz

Markus