Sign in to follow this  
Jason Cicchini

Tolimar

tolimar.jpg

Tolimar

The Kingdom on the Cliffs

Guild Name: Tolimar (Tall-ih-marr)

Guild Location: Four days travel by sea South West of the Avalonian/Kaliphlin coastline.

Population: 10-11,000

Capital: Venarra, "the Great Valley"

Leader: Queen Gulya Brizbinn

t5.jpg

pictured: Queen Gulya Brizbinn

Races: Men (75%) Dwarves (20%) Trolls (4%) Cave Spiders (.05%) Coast Birds (.05%) Fish (Various Breeds, .9%)

t8.jpg

pictured: Queen Brizbinn, Lord Seldyz Vala, Sir Grynn Herrth, A typical female villager, Hoyle, and Brikk

Armed Forces: Royal Tolimaran Army

t6.jpgt7.jpg

picured: A member of the Royal Tolimaran Army mounted on a "calmed" Cave Spider

Major Exports: Cut Stone/Stonework/Masonry (60%) Lumber/Woodwork (20%) Precious Gems (10%) Cave Spider Goods (5%) Coastal Bird Goods (5%)

Guild Standard: Gold and White

t3.jpg

pictured: A Guild Standard atop a civilian home.

Unique Characteristics:

t1.jpg

pictured: A typical Tolimaran home, where a Cave Spider Tamer comes home to his wife.

Mountainous landscapes, scarce grazing grounds, and severe weather patterns have forced the Tolimarans to, over their long history, find a home inside the monolithic peaks that cover the island nation.

Small, sturdy structures sit snugly on the mountain tops, and act as guarded entrances to the much larger dwellings below, burrowed into the center of the rocks. These man-made caverns and pathways often interconnect between residencies and major points of interest.

Due to the largely catastrophic elements which sweep throughout the continent, travel proves much less treacherous through the mountain paths, creating large cultural hubs where they meet.

Society: The Tolimarans are rugged, resourceful, and respectful. As with the other 4 Guilds of Historica, adapting to their surroundings has truly formed their demeanor and culture.

The ruling class, known as "The Higher Ones," consists of the Guild Leader, Queen Gulya Brizbinn, and her cabinet of advisors:

• Chief of Commerce - Lord Seldyz Vala
  • Captain of the Guard- Sir Grynn Herrth
  • Head Foreman of Excavation- Hoyle, Son of Doyle
  • Troll Liason- Brikk, Son of Troll King Konkrete

A tenuous alliance exists between the races, based on mutual need. This, however, does not exclude old hatreds from still existing.

The long standing rivalry between Dwarves and Trolls has forced the hand of Men often. Dwarves provide invaluable stonework and gem detection skills, while the Trolls have gifted Men with the ability to "tame" the Cave Spiders, the only beast of burden on the continent.

Thus, political inter-weavings have painted a checkered picture of Tolimar, and its people.

Relation to Historica: Tolimar's notable absence from the rest of the world's history dates back to the days of the Ancient Druid Tribes.

It was believed by many wizened scholars that the remote island of Tolimar contained a powerful and terrible artifact, and for the protection of all Historica it was concealed using high level Invisibility and Weather spells.

When the Druids passed from this world, the spells of Concealment were broken, but the weather patterns were stuck in an endless cycle. They continue in the same manner to this day, making travel between the island and the Mainland next to impossible without powerful magic.

The rumored artifact in Tolimar has yet to be unearthed.

Edited by Jason Cicchini

I never really take the time to comment on people's MOC's.... But I'd like to say that you've really captured a cartoony feel with that cottage and I'm really diggin the MOC! Great work!

Great work, love the idea and interesting how you used spiders! :laugh::thumbup:

Very cool entry for this! I like the idea of the spider tamers, and while each of the Guilds currently has mountains, none are totally mountain bound.

Nicely build vignette, the rockwork is really good and the house is also well done. Also great job on the spider, I love it! :classic:

Great job on this entry! I like the standard,and the the history. I LOVE the guarded entrances and the underground passages and cities. We really don't have a large underground network (aside from the accursed Drow) and I love this concept. The spider is superb as well! I also like your techniques/style for the rock work and your small entrance. Your map is exactly what I was trying to achieve with mine but didn't! Excellent all around!