zero1312

A little help....

I recently aquired the exclusive movie version of Kanohi Kraakhan. But I have problems figuring out how to incorporate into my mocs properly. Can anyone help me with that?

This is the one:

dumen.jpg

Edited by zero1312

I meant using it as a head on a HF moc..... :wink:

EDIT: Picture of the mask added in the start post.

Edited by zero1312

My twin brother has used it more than once as shoulder armor. It could also conceivably be worked into a torso, onto the toe of a larger figure, etc.

But for use as a head for a HF figure, I'm not totally sure. Its connection points aren't well-suited for any HF head constructions used in sets. Since I don't have my own copy of that piece on hand to experiment with I'm afraid I can't help much.

Then how it is supposed to be connected in Bionicle? LEGO designed this mask so they must've thought of a way to incorporate it into figures.

Edited by zero1312

Well, it was originally used as a helmet of sorts to cover the Toa Mata head, but didn't directly connect to it since the head was holding an upper jaw. It's a very strange piece, I must say.

For using it in a MoC... Not sure as I never built with it. I'd just experiment with it and see what you can pull off to make it look good. Do have any ideas of what type of MoC you want to make with it?

Kalhiki

Zero1312, you have just acquired the leading candidate for the daftest, most useless piece to ever com from Bionicle.

Here's an old photo of a MOC that I've been working on periodically for many months. In the picture I've used Stringer 3.0's mask around the waist area, but recently I acquired one of those wonderful MEK's, and let me tell you this; the Movie Edition Kraahkan works perfectly as Batman's crotch. :wub:

Will this usage prove it's miraculous worth to everybody? Your mileage may vary. :sceptic:

Then how it is supposed to be connected in Bionicle? LEGO designed this mask so they must've thought of a way to incorporate it into figures.

Here is the original instruction leaflet that demonstrates how to attach it to the Ultimate Dume set. As you can see, it's designed to fit on that set's unique head construction, so it can't connect directly onto any existing head piece.

If you need to see the construction of the head itself in more detail (for instance, to find where the relative placement of the connection points for the mask and the connection points for the Toa Mata head are), the head's construction begins on page 42 here.

Personally, I'd say that for a Hero Factory MOC you'd be better off improvising something completely custom than relying on the head design that the mask was designed to work with.

In truth, it's pretty much useless for it's original function, but perfectly suitable for almost any other use.

Glad you found a way to use the mask as a mask.

I like the way it looks on the MOC. It's robotic and squared, but sleek, and fits in to the HF theme well.

Oh, and Brickthing, your MOC looks freaking AWESOME!! :thumbup:

Na na na na na na na na, BAT-MANNN!!

I used this piece as a helmet on Mr.Killjoy. You can see close-up of the head Here.

The zamor idea looks very good!

Looks very good, too. Can you post a detailed picture of the head's construction?