On a scale of 1 to 5  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding
  2. 2. Will the massive sticker sheet deter you from buying this polybag design?

• 1 - Yes, I will buy it no matter what
    • 2 - Maybe, I will buy it
    • 3 - No, I will not buy it at all no matter what

approvedgold_v2_50.png

Hello everyone,

The LEGO Ferrari Racers experience continue and I will like to share the second instalment of this promotional exclusive polybag. Like the very first 30193 250 GT Berlinetta review which I had done earlier, this will be the next review which I am intending to cover as well. However, I won't be mentioning the obvious repeated content and focus more on areas which I had not mentioned before from this new design perspective. For more generic information, it is highly recommended to refer back to the first review for details. Meanwhile, sit back and enjoy this entire review.

Name: 30190 Ferrari 150 Italia

Theme: LEGO System / Racers / Ferrari

Year: 2012

Pieces: 36

Minifigs: 0 minifigure

Price: USD N.A, GBP N.A, EURO N.A, SGD $5.95 (purchased at least SGD $50.00 worth of Shell Petrol in order to buy a piece of it)

Resources: Brickset, BrickLink

An original polybag image of the 30190 Ferrari 150 Italia

7999017579_613e83d9c0_o.jpg

Back view of the original polybag image of the 30190 Ferrari 150 Italia

7999017313_501fe4783a_o.jpg

The Ferrari Team is ready for the Formula One Racing

7999016072_e018d991cf_o.jpg

As mentioned before in my first review, the Ferrari 150 Italia is part of the overall LEGO Shell promotion purchase and this is the very second release out of the six polybags. I felt the second released design is in-line with the ongoing Singapore Formula 1 Night Race 2012 as this Ferrari 150 Italia is meant to race in F1 grand prix. This will definitely appeal not only to LEGO fans but definitely to those Ferrari supporters who are interested in watching car races.

Instruction Manual (Front)

7999017834_6155792463_o.jpg

Instruction Manual (Back)

7999017692_abc2e208af_o.jpg

Different numbering of the Racer's stickering

7999017384_90b3d0fc4e_o.jpg

Notice the indication of the different numbering of the racer's sticker 'A' and 'B'. Each of the polybag has a choice to select the numbering that you like to have which is either number '5' or '6', as well as the different representation of the racer in the form of 1x1 round stud in either 'blue' or 'green'. This move will probably give you a valid excuse to get more than one polybag of the same kind, for the purpose of racing against one another with a different form of representation.

The LEGO building content

7999018016_30b353d522_o.jpg

These are the laid out content of building up the Ferrari 150 Italia. There is relatively more smaller parts as compared with other designs. Once you finished the built, this is the only remaining spare parts.

Ferrari Italia 150 massive sticker sheet

7999017558_4deb7f30bf_o.jpg

I am still impressed to see the sticker sheet to be stored in a tiny little box but I am totally not impressed with the tons of micro stickers that is required to paste onto this racer. At my count, there is actually a total of 8 applicable stickers plus 1 extra piece. Most of which, are real corporate companies like the Shell, Kaspersky, Santander, etc.

Different views of the Ferrari 150 Italia (without stickers applied)

7999017138_bfc76f502b_o.jpg

Without the stickers applied, I must admit that the Ferrari 150 Italia looks extremely 'naked' and appears to be a basic racing model for the Ferrari Racing Team. One thing for sure, you won't have to be bothered with the stickers coming off through the test of time.

Different view of the Ferrari 150 Italia (with stickers applied)

7999016592_1402871c8f_o.jpg

Normally, you don't see me applying stickers but I make it a point to buy spare polybag to make sure that I will have a sealed set in case the opened one get ruin for whatever reasons. At the same time, I also like to see how this entire design turns out to be and it definitely made the set looks much complete.

Bottom view of the Ferrari 150 Italia

7999015667_e4909c1080_o.jpg

This is the very same new pull-back motor which is designed for the new LEGO Racers. It certainly adds lots of fun to it right now and I enjoyed playing with it. I am sure this pull-back motor will be able to find greater potential for other racers' designs.

Ferrari 150 Italia Racer Number 5

7999015531_21a832cb8f_o.jpg

After applying the number '5' heading at the front, the number '6' is the remaining sticker in this sticker sheet.

A simple comparison between these 2 different scales

7999016172_eb6074ff03_o.jpg

I took out my Ferrari Race Car which is a part of the 8168 Ferrari Victory set to illustrate the comparison between the 2 different scales. Not too bad at all and the overall design complements each other well.

Meet the miniature prototype of the Ferrari 150 Italia display model

7999015143_ceff891f73_o.jpg

The race is on!

7999016360_123ce749e7_o.jpg

All in all, I am pretty pleased with the second new design. It gave me a chance to own a mini-Ferrari Race Car which is very much the same with the real Ferrari. The mini racer provide new form of racing fun and challenge where it will slowly prove its worth among other different Ferrari designs. I am quite sure the design ergonomics and dynamics play a part in the LEGO Racers. The only downside of it, that there are too many stickers in this micro set and there is no printed parts unlike its predecessors. Still, if you are able to find it at an affordable price, then you ought to pick it up.

Summary review

Playability: 10/10 (Pull-back motor racing is the new fun thing plus you add realism design in it.)

Design: 8/10 (Design certainly met to my expectations but a wishful thought to see the stickers transform into printed parts.)

Price: 6/10 (Getting harder to sought for as this is a promotional item with a purchase requirement condition to fulfil.)

Overall: 8/10 (A fun LEGO Racers set which I am having lots of fun with it.)

I gave it a "4" based on my Review Score Card. :wink: What about yours?

I hope every one of you enjoyed reading this simple review of mine. Comments and Criticisms are strongly welcomed.

Pictures can be found in My Flickr and My Brickshelf (When moderated)

Nice little review WhiteFang! I agree that the pull-back motor adds a lot of playability to this set. Thanks for the review, and always extremely clear pictures!

The only ones I want are the other car (not Berlinetta, FXX or 458 ), Ferrari F1 truck and the Italia 150. Maybe the FXX and the 458 Italia (but if I get those I might aswell get the Berlinetta.) Lego Ferrari is the best i hope it will result in future sets.

Edited by Jackattack7

Great review, WhiteFang. This set looks excellent, but the amount of stickers that have to be applied on small parts is a let-down. :sweet:

Thanks for the great review. I hope this series comes to the US.

The racer looks nice for its scale.

I like the stickers and they really add to the look. McDonald's has had similar approach with Mattel Hot Wheels Happy Meal toys. Fantastic that you can outfit the car for either of the two drivers.

If you position stickers with an X-Acto knife then press into place they are easy to accurately apply.

Edited by htbomb

I love your review but I just noticed looking at the instructions and your 150 Italia that the front suspension and tyres are in the wrong place, they're to far back.

Thanks guys! I am glad you like reading the second instalment. :sweet:

I like the stickers and they really add to the look. McDonald's has had similar approach with Mattel Hot Wheels Happy Meal toys. Fantastic that you can outfit the car for either of the two drivers.

If you position stickers with an X-Acto knife then press into place they are easy to accurately apply.

This looks way better than those MacDonald toys! :tongue:

And, those stickers are very tiny to handle and the precision may not be there by using the fingers to apply.

I love your review but I just noticed looking at the instructions and your 150 Italia that the front suspension and tyres are in the wrong place, they're to far back.

Opps! You are absolutely right and you have a sharp eye for details. :blush:

I had re-built it to the right design. Thank you for pointing it out.

Opps! You are absolutely right and you have a sharp eye for details. :blush:

I had re-built it to the right design. Thank you for pointing it out.

Happy to help :tongue:

Are you doing any more? if so when?

Edited by Jackattack7

Happy to help :tongue:

Are you doing any more? if so when?

I just bought the 3rd released design yesterday and I haven't got a chance to open it yet. Hope I will be able to finish it soon within a week or two.

Good review.

I just received the whole set (via some awesome relatives in Hong Kong) so I'll be putting some together soon.

I like them. Do you know when they will come to US???

Not sure yet, but I am sure it is only a matter of time before it reaches to US.

I think you mistakenly put the front wheels one stud behind.

Indeed it is and I have rectify the built of my set.