Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Forest II

Though you didn't include Draggy's killing action, you did include the scum action of Draggy with the rest of the scum actions, so that just keeps the consistency of the thought that Draggy's killing action was his own, so stayed in his role pm. Again, there was reason to think of why there was a separation that didn't lead to "Oh, he must be a fake!" I still think that what you thought was obvious really wasn't.

I thought it was because you got annoyed with us after you and Shadows argued! :laugh::cry_sad:

~Furry, Insectoid Aristocrat

I thought it was because you got annoyed with us after you and Shadows argued! :laugh::cry_sad:

Huh? Shadows and I argued :wacko: ?

Huh? Shadows and I argued :wacko: ?

No... "You" was referring to Hinckley, and I was just continuing your thought and mixing it with my own... (Insert reference to Klingon Mind-Meld. :laugh: ) Which is why I was speaking to Hinckley, but quoted you.

Edited by Dannylonglegs

I didn't think it would be obvious, but I thought there'd be enough doubt for you guys to look into it. I really expected there to be a secret PM, "Kill Draggy". At the same time, Day Eight really would've made it clear.

I didn't think it would be obvious, but I thought there'd be enough doubt for you guys to look into it. I really expected there to be a secret PM, "Kill Draggy". At the same time, Day Eight really would've made it clear.

Secret PM? The game said that we were required to send our action in the official role PM, the one you added him to because he was scum. But wasn't. Then you said I could submit all of the actions for our team in our role PM, which I did. You accepted the actions I submitted for him without ever saying they were invalid, even though you were silently ignoring the SK part and taking them privately from him. Despite him being on our team. In his former role PM, not his current one, which was part of the scum.

Come on, admit it, this is starting to get through to you by now, it has to be. :laugh:

At the same time, after that "conversion", I thought, at least the fact that I never gave you Draggy's Night Action results would've been a huge clue.

Nah, it's just looked like you being a dick and didn't come as a surprise to any of us. :laugh:

Exactly. :laugh:

No... "You" was referring to Hinckley, and I was just continuing your thought and mixing it with my own... (Insert reference to Klingon Mind-Meld. :laugh: ) Which is why I was speaking to Hinckley, but quoted you.

Stop being confusing :distressed::tongue:

Yeah, well we expected a conclusion where the scum team didn't get killed, but it looks like all our expectations were dashed :tongue: !

Secret PM? The game said that we were required to send our action in the official role PM, the one you added him to because he was scum. But wasn't. Then you said I could submit all of the actions for our team in our role PM, which I did. You accepted the actions I submitted for him without ever saying they were invalid, even though you were silently ignoring the SK part and taking them privately from him. Despite him being on our team. In his former role PM, not his current one, which was part of the scum.

I removed that from the rules after he was "converted"? Did you notice? Since you can't read your own Night Actions results, probably not. :tongue:

Come on, admit it, this is starting to get through to you by now, it has to be. :laugh:

I was talking to Amy, not you. You ducked up by being a dick and badgering and insulting the host. Don't do that shit again.

:tongue: Will that ever get through to you?

Nah, it's just looked like you being a dick and didn't come as a surprise to any of us. :laugh:

Well, this is vindication enough for me. I don't normally use Night Action results as passive aggressive annoyance of my players. You missed a big clue because you thought I was holding a grudge and trying to prove a personal point. :hmpf:

"I'm so annoyed with you I'm going to hold Night Action results that are supposed to verify that there's been a complete conversion. It may seem like a clue that Draggy can do what he wants without your knowledge, but it's really just my wounded ego. Watch me leave out his results. Take that. I feel like a big man now. I feel all better. Mwahahahahahahahaha! The power! This is why I host. This is why I masturbate in the mirror."

:look:

Well, this is vindication enough for me. I don't normally use Night Action results as passive aggressive annoyance of my players. You missed a big clue because you thought I was holding a grudge and trying to prove a personal point. :hmpf:

"I'm so annoyed with you I'm going to hold Night Action results that are supposed to verify that there's been a complete conversion. It may seem like a clue that Draggy can do what he wants without your knowledge, but it's really just my wounded ego. Watch me leave out his results. Take that. I feel like a big man now. I feel all better. Mwahahahahahahahaha! The power! This is why I host. This is why I masturbate in the mirror."

:look:

Well, if you look at it that way... :sceptic:

Oh... :look:

I removed that from the rules after he was "converted"? Did you notice? Since you can't read your own Night Actions results, probably not. :tongue:

No and it's ridiculous to expect, the same as it was ridiculous when you crossed out a name and changed it in the role PMs, expecting that we would reread those every time we opened the PM after seeing them 100 times already.

Note to future players (but only in Hinck's games): You need to make a file of the rules each day and do a line by line comparison of them to see if the host made minor alterations to them without announcing it, despite the fact that he himself didn't update his own rules concerning quirk penalties until several days after it happened and did that with an announcement. Clearly keeping a townie from dying for breaking the posted rules was more important than pointing out a subtle change that I'm sure not a damn person noticed, or had any reason to notice.

:tongue: Will that ever get through to you?

The role was wrong the second it said corruptible, long before any fighting, so no, I will never accept a bastard conversion and neither would you in this position. Not in a million years. If this was reversed, you would still be fighting something so clearly wrong just as much as I am. It's a shame the town gave up or they might see how much this harmed them and take some interest.

It may seem like a clue that Draggy can do what he wants without your knowledge

Except there was no evidence of that, he never killed the wrong person, he only appeared to fail and there were lots of ways to justify that. You accepted his actions from me, they should have worked or they shouldn't have been accepted.

This is why I masturbate in the mirror."

With clowns? :grin:

On an amusing side note, your most obvious scum tell when caught in your mistakes is reacting like you just did. Oink. :tongue:

WhiteFang

:wub_drool: I just love you so much. So, this critique is coming from a place of love. Like I said, don't beat yourself up. It's a game. JimB's right in that you can be too trusting. Look at the day thread and listen to what others are saying. Be careful of crafty people like Shadows who manipulate you into doing what they want and make it seem like it's your decision. I know he's really protective of you and doesn't want me saying he controlled you...but he did. He's persuasive and knows what you want to hear and even convinces himself he's not controlling you. Also, I know you've been busy so I worry just a bit that you might be relying on other people to sway you in the right direction. I know that when we've worked together, you have a tendency to just check in and see who to target. Mafia does take a bit of time to analyze things for yourself. Otherwise, you're susceptible to being swayed in the wrong direction. You're a busy person with a great heart and people will take advantage of it. Nothing against Shadows for doing it. He's Scum, that's the point of the game. He's supposed to do that to you. So, if you can, please tell me why you still didn't suspect Shadows after Rufus's death. I understand if you're too upset, but I encourage you to talk about it. Losing the game or being duped by Shadows or even making the wrong decisions are all not things to be ashamed of. We've all been there. We'll all be there again. It's all good. We're here to support you. :thumbup:

Thank you Hinck for sharing with me, a detailed analysis for my in-game performance and you had also shared with others as well on their performance too. It is no easy feat to consolidate this massive feedback and put it across to us.

All in all, I think you have nailed most of the stuff pretty right. When I am busy, I tend to brush through stuff in the hope of obtaining summarised findings. For the most earlier part of the game days, I had a note with me on the potential suspects. Things went loose after I had lose CM and I lost mine focus and began very desparate to follow up clues from CM that lead to Rufus and Shadows. Both of them, who I have contacted with, in private were brief and detailed, to let them know that I had indeed obtained the trust of CM before I am dead.

I did not reveal to both of them at all, that I am the vig but merely discussed to share each other suspicions. The difference between both Rufus and Shadows, was Shadows is extremely pro-active and analytical in private which lead me to believe that he wanted to make a difference for the town and at the same time, we had to test some results through hypothesis... The use of iamded had successfully created a meatshield for the scum, whereas the lead against Rufus to convict Cecilie was futile. Furthermore, Rufus was extremely caution and quiet in the PM. I did not take heed of his dying message and I felt I had made a terrible grave mistake when I did not take that into careful consideration. Most of the time, the scums will be very careful not to entangle themselves into private scenes as it will made it very hard to manage their 'lies' in private and they tend to keep low profile as much as possible. My conjunction on that aspect is wrongly misjudged...

The last game day was terrible and I am actually playing the game on mobile as I was overseas and I never focus as much as I could and be calm too. I basically screwed up... When I had lost Zepher, I suspected Shadows but I had to actually rely on my megablocking gut feeling that maybe there is still chance and maybe there is still hope... but damn it, I was so wrong... that I had caused another grave mistake...

I am not really cut up to it... I learnt from it, and have no hard feelings at all, not even Shadows. Just that, this game had really made me less confident to face up my wrongdoings... the vig responsiblity is truly heavy and for the first time ever to wield the role, I had actually felt very responsible for their in-game deaths... sigh...

Just don't know what else I could add onto it...

I learnt from it, and have no hard feelings at all, not even Shadows.

But you'll still metagame me first chance you get. :grin:

the vig responsiblity is truly heavy and for the first time ever to wield the role, I had actually felt very responsible for their in-game deaths... sigh...

It's kind of funny in retrospect, but during one or two of the days I made comments about how I knew the vig was doing their very best and that it's a tremendously difficult position to be in. I was being completely sincere, at least one came before I knew it was you.

Town power roles put you in the worst position. You need allies, you need information, and most of all, you need to be able to work without being discovered and if you learn something, you need to be able to present it without exposing yourself. It's practically impossible to come up with all of that before you either get lynched for not being helpful or looking suspicious or the scum kill you, or worse, start influencing you. I've never found an answer for this problem as a townie, it always comes down to luck and for a vig, luck rarely favours you.

badboytje88

I think your game is improving, but one little slip-up with this group leads to a fast lynch. And then everything you said led to a slippery slope of sorts. I'm glad you played. I always enjoy having you around. Your gay cliches were...gay. Go make more gay friends. We don't all act like that. Anyway, nice work. I think you did a nice job in your defense for the most part. You said some really weird things like "ignore everything I said yesterday." That was quite an enjoyable gaffe. But you kept trying to the end, coming up with theories about the info you were given. You disappeared a bit towards the end, which never helps. It didn't give people much to work off after you died. But, I think you did all right.

Thanks for the feedback Hinckley, I appreciate it a lot.

No and it's ridiculous to expect, the same as it was ridiculous when you crossed out a name and changed it in the role PMs, expecting that we would reread those every time we opened the PM after seeing them 100 times already.

I thought the Dreaming God from Baritones 3 and the roleplay rules in this game had gotten people used to checking the rules, but...Gotcha: Don't leave clues because the players are too sure of themselves or too lazy to find them. :thumbup: That's concluded.

Note to future players (but only in Hinck's games):

Let me re-word this note slightly: Don't be all "Hey :poke: Tell me. What do you mean no? :poke: You're game is stupid :poke: Tell me :poke: Tell me :poke: Tell me :poke: Tell me :poke: Tell me :poke: Tell me :poke: Tell me :poke: Tell me :poke: Tell me :poke: Tell me :poke: Tell me :poke: Tell me :poke: Tell me :poke: Tell me :poke: Tell me :poke: Tell me :poke: Tell me :poke: " And then when the host says ":damn: Fine! I'll tell you!!!" Don't go, ":hmpf_bad: Why did you tell me?"

:wall:

Clearly keeping a townie from dying for breaking the posted rules was more important than pointing out a subtle change that I'm sure not a damn person noticed, or had any reason to notice.

I officially apologize for not mod-killing Scubacarrot for not making monkey sounds after I had already announced I wouldn't be making mod-kills for roleplay rules. :thumbup: OK, that should be concluded too.

I will never accept

OK, good. I'll never apologize for it or change the outcome or even accept full responsibility for your loss. :thumbup: We can consider that concluded too, once you make another post and get the final word.

On an amusing side note, your most obvious scum tell when caught in your mistakes is reacting like you just did. Oink. :tongue:

Amusingly enough, I can never tell what yours are since you only throw out obvious ones on purpose to mask whatever real ones there might be. :hmpf:

:tongue:

OK, that should be concluded too.

Finally! :thumbup: The horse is most certainly now glue. We can stop beating it. Ultimately it doesn't really matter to me who won. Perhaps it is because I didn't play as "hard" as Shadows did, perhaps it's just how I am, but the fact that I had fun the entire game and learned a great deal easily overcomes the disappointment I felt after learning that Draggy wasn't really on our side. The mechanic may have been... unique, but it's the mechanic we got stuck with and the mechanic that screwed us in the end. Did we play a good game? Yes! We almost won. Did Draggy play a good game? Most certainly! He was both "Town," "Scum," and neutral! That's a big burden even if you're one of the most experienced players on the field, and even though I would have prefered not losing, losing to Draggy doesn't feel like losing at all. We were tricked, but so was the town by us. Draggy played his part as we played ours. Do I think that Draggy should have been convertable? Whatever! We lost by narrow margins, but we beat the town, and at least I had a great time doing it! :sweet:

Finally! :thumbup: The horse is most certainly now glue. We can stop beating it. Ultimately it doesn't really matter to me who won. Perhaps it is because I didn't play as "hard" as Shadows did, perhaps it's just how I am, but the fact that I had fun the entire game and learned a great deal easily overcomes the disappointment I felt after learning that Draggy wasn't really on our side. The mechanic may have been... unique, but it's the mechanic we got stuck with and the mechanic that screwed us in the end. Did we play a good game? Yes! We almost won. Did Draggy play a good game? Most certainly! He was both "Town," "Scum," and neutral! That's a big burden even if you're one of the most experienced players on the field, and even though I would have prefered not losing, losing to Draggy doesn't feel like losing at all. We were tricked, but so was the town by us. Draggy played his part as we played ours. Do I think that Draggy should have been convertable? Whatever! We lost by narrow margins, but we beat the town, and at least I had a great time doing it! :sweet:

:wub: I do agree with what you've said here and I wish everyone could adopt that positive outlook and attitude.

I think it's suppose to be TPRU Viking game. :look: Right?

Yes Please!!! :wub:

~Furry Insectoid Vikingr

Edited by Dannylonglegs

I officially apologize for not mod-killing Scubacarrot for not making monkey sounds after I had already announced I wouldn't be making mod-kills for roleplay rules. :thumbup: OK, that should be concluded too.

You did wait two days to update the official rules and had to apologize for that at the time, plus you had a hard time finding the change yourself, so it wasn't an unreasonable thing to ask, but hey, we never argued about it. I asked, explained my position, then moved on. It was just fair to mention that even you didn't read your own rules as regularly as you think we were all supposed to. I certainly don't see anyone rushing in saying, "gee, I noticed that change and didn't understand why it happened." :laugh:

OK, good. I'll never apologize for it or change the outcome or even accept full responsibility for your loss. :thumbup: We can consider that concluded too, once you make another post and get the final word.

Authorized final word, woohoo! You were never going to do any of that, we've proven that by now. :wink:

Amusingly enough, I can never tell what yours are since you only throw out obvious ones on purpose to mask whatever real ones there might be. :hmpf:

:tongue:

DO EET! Seriously, give it a shot, I'd love it! :sweet:

then moved on.

Did you? :look: I couldn't tell...

Authorized final word, woohoo! You were never going to do any of that, we've proven that by now. :wink:

Yay! :wub:

Professor Flitwick

I always love your humor and dedication to character. You're always a fun one to have because you keep the day thread lively and give people roleplay stuff to respond to. And you've come a long way strategically from Fuckwit Ferret in The Forest I. :laugh: You made all the wrong decisions in the end. :tongue: But you were up against a lot. I will ask you the same question I asked Fangy. Why didn't you go after Shadows when Rufus came up as a Villager? And why didn't you even vote on Day Seven? Anyway, I think you've become a formidable player in these games, but your game seemed slightly off here. I didn't see much fight from you and you usually find people to connect with behind the scenes. Were you talking to Shadows too?

I'm glad you've enjoy having me in games, I'm always worrying that my roleplaying will go from the cute and funny, to the tiring and grating. :blush: But, I agree, I had quite a crap game here. I'm not sure what it is about these Forest games, but I'm always so useless here! :laugh: Concerning the Rufus vs. Shadows debate, I initially shrugged it off as more inter-town fighting, like darkdragon vs. Eskallon and Scubacarrot on day 1, and the subsequent ones that followed. The reason I never voted was because I was torn between Quarryman and Shadows. I didn't like how Shadows was unwilling to reveal the supposed 'second scum', but I was equally put off by the fact I wasn't able to get a reading on Quarryman throughout the game (sorry Quarryman, I find it hard to come to conclusions on people who post less than I :blush: ). In the end I decided not to vote, but push-come-to-shove, I properly would have voted for Quarryman.

I was rather determined not to let the final days of the Forest II end up like the finale days of Excalibur (that plan didn't last :blush: ), so I minimised all private contact to a minimum (hence why that long-winded post about who I found suspicious (on that subject, I mistakenly crammed too many people into one post, diminishing the severity of each accusation :sadnew: ), wasn't done in smaller segments behind the scenes). As such, I never spoke to Shadows before he contacted me on the finale day.

In conclusion, not my worst game, but not my best. It's such a shame, you're my favourite host, as you always manage to make your games hilarious. Hopefully one of these days, I shall give the performance of my life in one of your games. :wink::thumbup:

:cry_sad:

But... I play in the Heroica Roleplaying Game... I don't... suck... do I? DO I?!

I'm sure you are a great roleplayer, it's just you always roleplay people who are rude! :tongue:

Sign in to follow this