Yes they are there. 330 is in the second row, second column, 329 is third row, fifth column in Extended mode color palette.

OK, cool. I missed those! (also SOMEBODY told me that they probably wouldn't be available in the palette in the next update, although that was back before we knew the next update wouldn't be till September :tongue: ).

OK, cool. I missed those! (also SOMEBODY told me that they probably wouldn't be available in the palette in the next update, although that was back before we knew the next update wouldn't be till September :tongue: ).

Who, me? :look:

But yeah, you're right. My guess was that it wouldn't be in. But I was wrong :classic:

Yes, for the user the part is removed from the original LXF. At the same moment this file is created with good bricks in yellow and problematic in red. This file should some help to find which brick was removed from problematic model. But this file cannot be opened directly, since the red bricks are still considered being problematic and will be removed so user will not see them.

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up. :classic:

So when I initially said that the 1.0 hero core was removed, I was mistaken. It just didn't install properly the first couple time I ran the update, but it's working fine now.

Check out part #11203. Interesting, huh?

Now Lego is copying Mega bloks parts. What is world coming to.

Yes they are there. 330 is in the second row, second column, 329 is third row, fifth column in Extended mode color palette.

I see that has cut the bottom off the palette now, so colours like old Dark Grey can't be selected anymore. That's not in the least bit annoying! :hmpf_bad: I suppose it was my own fault for trying to colour a group of parts in Olive Green yesterday when it wasn't in the palette! (I still hate that feature too btw!)

But LDD really needs to sort out saving some space on those palettes or adding a scroll bar. :sceptic:

Edited by ADHO15

I've updated my complete color chart and decorations chart in the LDD Reference topic, but if you wanted to see only the newest decorated parts available, here they are:

new_decorations_4_3_5.png

Download LXF File

I already posted a file with the Hero Factory torso shells, hamburger bun, and X-Wing windscreen. These are all decorations that were in LDD in the previous version, but which did not have decoration surfaces mapped out. The actual new decorations are three LEGO City Mining torsos (with front and back decoration), a LEGO City Mining head (with front decoration only), a LEGO Friends milk carton brick, and a classic torso featured prominently in the Paradisa and Town themes. Nice parts to have!

Ok, where are these so called "decorations" and how does that tool work exactly?

There is a "decorations tool" in LDD Extended Mode as a sub-category of the Paint Bucket tool. To use it, you click on a printable surface on a part, and if it has decorations available they will show up-- or at least, that's how it's supposed to work.

In reality, each part's decoration palettes in LDD Extended Mode have to be inputted item-by-item by the LDD team, and they have not updated this in a while (if they did, for example, the minifigure head decorations would surely stretch off the screen on most monitors). Thus, many decorated parts are only accesssible via the basic LDD mode's Paint Bucket tool (or directly from the brick tray), and as far as I know these newest decorations aren't even available from there (they have to be copied and pasted into a file, or generated in an LXFML file by inserting the five- or six-digit Decoration IDs into the appropriate fields for the appropriate bricks).

Well for some reason it won't work for hero chestplates. It works on minifig parts just fine, but not the breakout chestplate.

Well for some reason it won't work for hero chestplates. It works on minifig parts just fine, but not the breakout chestplate.

As Aanchir said: to make decoration accessible directly in LDD GUI, it is necessary to specify which decorations are allowed for given decoration surface on a given brick. This is done by the LDD Team. When this mapping is not done, decoration list will not appear for that brick in LDD. But brick still can display decorations, but they have to be added manually by editing LXF file. That's what Aanchir did for us.

Edited by hrontos

As a kind of follow-up to my earlier statement:

I see that has cut the bottom off the palette now, so colours like old Dark Grey can't be selected anymore. That's not in the least bit annoying! :hmpf_bad: I suppose it was my own fault for trying to colour a group of parts in Olive Green yesterday when it wasn't in the palette! (I still hate that feature too btw!)

... is there a way to group recolour multiple parts at the same time to a colour that isn't in the colour palette?

Edited by ADHO15

... is there a way to group recolour multiple parts at the same time to a colour that isn't in the colour palette?

The only way I found in this new version is to create a group out of the parts that should be recolored. After that apply the paint bucket tool directly to the newly created group in the group palette.

Not sure if those pieces were in previous versions of LDD, but the pieces have been around for a while. The axe pieces have been in several Ninjago sets. Axe

That piece looks like the sith trooper helmet from the 9500 Sith Fury Class Interceptor

What is the part number for this "HOLDER Ø3.2 W/TUBE Ø3.2 HOLE" ? Sorry if I missed it.

The only way I found in this new version is to create a group out of the parts that should be recolored. After that apply the paint bucket tool directly to the newly created group in the group palette.

That's great, thank you. :classic:

What is the part number for this "HOLDER Ø3.2 W/TUBE Ø3.2 HOLE" ? Sorry if I missed it.

The part number (Design ID) is 11090, as visible on LDD, so I'm not sure why you're asking. If you want a Bricklink number, one doesn't exist because it's a new piece for 2013.

The main reason there hasn't been too much discussion of it here is because we already knew about it before it appeared in LDD, since it's going to be next year's Rancor Pit set that was revealed at San Diego Comic-Con. So unlike the mysterious axe piece and 3x3 plate that have since been removed, this one didn't come as a surprise. (Then again, for some reason the 2x2 inverse tile DID come as a surprise even though we've known about it for months...)

I'd just like to say that it is totally splendid that I can now use the option to display brick outlines without everything becoming invisible. You rock, LDD team. Rock like a mountain.

Did you noticed that hide/unhide is now included in Undo? When you accidentaly hide a wrong brick it is no longer necessary to unhide all and start hiding again. Just click Undo. Or it worked also before and I did not know it?

Did you noticed that hide/unhide is now included in Undo? When you accidentaly hide a wrong brick it is no longer necessary to unhide all and start hiding again. Just click Undo. Or it worked also before and I did not know it?

Yes, it's new.

It was confusing before when you accidently hid something and then instinctively pressed Ctrl-Z only to find nothing happened, and that you instead had "unplaced" a brick. At least now it's more intuitive in the sense that you get direct response on the screen.

But it's still not optimal, since placing/deleting bricks is different to hiding/unhiding. Optimally there should be two different methods of "undo" for each of these.

But it's still not optimal, since placing/deleting bricks is different to hiding/unhiding. Optimally there should be two different methods of "undo" for each of these.

Yes, those are really different types of operations. But many tools do not have separate undo buffers for real and presentation changes (for example also Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 expaning/colapsing a portion of source code is in the same undo sequence as modification of code, so when undoing, colapsing/expanding is also undone and this is not real change, just change of a code presentation).

Just popping in to mention that the "unhide" behaviour mentioned above is fantastically useful when working with large models that have grouped assemblies. I often progressively hide entire groups when error checking or making changes, and the requirement to unhide everything and repeat the process of step-by-step hiding was frustrating.

Even if a group is already hidden, you may select it again with the hide tool, then click on "undo" to reveal it. I don't know if this is an intended feature, or merely a side-effect from the user putting another step into the program's undo buffer, but it's still super-useful!