Torgar

Fahrettin

1)Fahrettin

The People of Fahrettin live high above the Frozen Wastes located one hundred eighty miles northwest of Mitgardia. Despite the harsh conditions, their scholars say that they have existed there for over a thousand years. They are a simple self-sustaining society, living off what the land and ocean provide. Dreya, The Capital, is perched on the southern cliffs of Fahrettin overlooking the ocean, and can be seen from miles out at sea. Sailors tell stories of the towering buildings of Dreya reaching over the horizon toward the heavens, but few venture far enough north the see their grandeur first hand.

Guild Name: Fahrettin

Capital : Dreya

Leader: Berk Ferhan

Unique Charicteristics: The people of Fahrettin are excellent fishermen as it is their main source of food. They can also quickly climb any surface as they live among the crags and cliffs above the Frozen Waste.

2)Color Scheme: Black and White

Military:

7994544796_ed1c733714_z.jpg

Citizens:

7994537183_7546275c88.jpg

3)Berk Ferhan

7994668984_15d1c27e35_m.jpg

Berk Ferhan has been the leader of Fahrettin for thirty three years. He was elected after their previous leader, his mother, died during the coldest winter in living memory. He has a unique relationship with his friend Rana, a golden eagle, and the two have never been defeated on the field of battle. Rana is the ultimate scout, allowing Berk to out maneuver all of their adversaries. They met forty years ago while Berk was hunting. He was attacked by three polar bears, Rana saved him, and the two have been friends ever since.

4)Vignette

This is an example of the typical architecture found in Dreya, the Capital of Fahrettin.

7994545538_a50ac70f11.jpg

7994546590_b6441b7d15.jpg

7994541207_8d75da5773.jpg

7994542343_6d188a4ffe.jpg

Berk and Rana:

7994549896_a4bc02b386.jpg

Bonsai tree:

7994544645_6b842852c7.jpg

The Frozen Wastes:

7994553374_02db3b6634.jpg

Bell Tower: The bell tolls when Dreya is being attacked.

7994547845_099dbed64e.jpg

by Asimon481, on Flickr

Acirhon with white sleaves!! :tongue: I really like your colorscheme and the building is also a beauty with the tan and dark brown roof! :wub: Great to see what you can do with such small space!

(Altough I really like it and the colors are different, I think it is quite simular to Mitgardian conditions.)

A lovely build and an interesting guild that sure would add another facet to the entire story. The colourscheme and especially the combination of the white arms with the torsos of the Uruk-hai is really great :thumbup:

From a strategical point, though, the location of the Bell Tower above a cliff isn't that great, as I imagine it being fairly vulnerable to attacks from the sea (when it isn't frozen over) :tongue:

Brilliant idea and an excellent execution! I love the architecture and how well everything fits together. The bonsai tree is a very nice touch, this tiny bit of green adds so much! Good look in the contest, I love it!

Great to see another Mitgardian entry :thumbup: Yours is excellent! The build is beautiful, I especially like the unique roof design :thumbup:

Keep it up Torgar :classic:

this is really good stuff! And your building reminds me of Frank Lloyd Wright's style, about whom I have just read an interesting book!

Nice job Torgar, especially with the house and the small windows. :thumbup: Your citizens look good too! :thumbup:

Although I don't know if we should have another far north guild, I really, really like that stone work. This is a beautiful MOC. Excellent job, and I hope you earn your guild many points. One of the nicer non-challenge MOCs we have seen in a while.

There are many things I really like about this entry.

You've done a great job with the standard and color scheme - the brown works great with the black and white. I really like the use of the LotR torsos for your soldiers, and the gruff faces and uniform brown/tan hair. I especially like the shoulder cape combined with the full size cape.

You're MOC is gorgeous - The plate instead of block technique looks amazing, but it is too time intensive for me. I really like the angled balcony, as well as the windows and sills, and the roof is great too!

So much to love with this!

That's a stunning build Torgar, just perfect. :thumbup: I really like your figs and standard as well. This will certainly be a strong entry - good luck! :classic:

Thanks! I decided to try out a new building technique with a new guild, and I got a bit carried away with the build. I had originally planned for it to be a little smaller, but I couldnt stop building up... I'm sure you all know the feeling :laugh:

Edited by Torgar

This is a brilliant MOC, Torgar! Love the plate technique, I never have enough to pull it off. The integration of the timbered portion is very nicely done. I really like your minifigs, they really convey the feeling of the guild. Feels very northern, maybe this can be a real village in Mitgardia?

Best of luck

:classic: