Legopard

Hobbiton - A long expected Party

Hello

Our story starts in Middle-Earth, in the shire:

7964270558_475ac42176.jpg

It's the day of Bilbo Baggins 111. birthday and all Hobbits of Hobbiton preparing the party:

7979593249_e9760b03dd_c.jpg

(Picture is linkt to flickr)

On the left side Gandalf cross The Water with his carriage:

7979596005_9cd3825552.jpg

1347371407m_SPLASH.jpg

Next to the big tree is the fairground:

1347371412m_SPLASH.jpg

1347371426m_SPLASH.jpg

On the right side are the Hobbit-Burrows.

1347371934m_SPLASH.jpg

The highest burrow is Bag End:

1347372763m_SPLASH.jpg

A special highlight is Bag End, that has an removable roof to show the interior:

1347373472m_SPLASH.jpg

Livingroom:

1347373479m_SPLASH.jpg

Kitchen:

1347373498m_SPLASH.jpg

1347373493m_SPLASH.jpg

My Hobbiton was displayed on the "SteineWahn 2012" in Berlin. I'm glad to say, that it won the price of the 3rd best MOC. :)

1347373899m_SPLASH.jpg

Because of the long way to the exhibition, i build it modular.

1347374171m_SPLASH.jpg

1347374461m_SPLASH.jpg

At least some facts abot the MOC:

Buildingtime: ca. 3 Months

Size: 64cm x 160cm x 30cm

Don't miss to watch the Video:

A long text and all pictures are also on MOCpages.

Enjoy all the pictures!

Feel free to comment!

Jonas

WOW! This looks really great! :thumbup:

All those details from the movies (books) are amazing :wub:

Congrats with the 3rd place :classic::thumbup:

Oh! This is absolutely lovely. It will be even better with the Bag End set in december. The stage is nice such as the windows of Bag End. I also appreciate the mini map you created, it makes me think of those board games. Really congratulation for your 3rd place!

Best version of Hobbition I've ever seen, and the only one I've ever seen :laugh:

I really like the party details and Bag End is excellent: especially the interior :thumbup:

Glad to hear you took it to a convention and your prize was well deserved :classic:

"Gandalf my friend.... This will be a night to remember." Great work. It all looks so organic. Thank you for sharing!

AWESOME creation 'Legopard', Bag End looks wonderful on the inside and all the scenery too.....congrats on being Front Paged as well ! :moar:

Brick On ! :excited:

Hello

Tank you so much for your kind words!

Also thanks for showing my MOC on the frontpage.

I'm so happy :)

This looks amazing, it is only missing Bilbo :laugh:

This is Bilbo:

1347372971m_SPLASH.jpg

Of course a kitbash, because i don't have the one from TLC.

Good Night

Jonas

Great MOC indeed. Good use of bricks for landscaping. The burrows look how I would expect them to.

Keep up the good work. Congrats on the 3rd place!

Nice work.

I really like the depiction of Bilbo's birthday preparation. The landscaping is quite understated which works very well here. I really think you did a bang up job on the canopy and the various party items. I'm looking forward to seeing what else you're going to come up with.

I love this! :thumbup: The map, Bag End, everything! It all looks great and I spotted some great building techniques too, like the bucket handles used as chair legs. And I love the map at the beginning, it almost makes me want to see someone make an entire Lego map of middle-earth.

This is incredible! I think my favorite part might be the interior of Bilbo's hobbit hole. All the little details are so much fun; I spent quite a bit of time going over each picture.

Congratulations on placing!

Great job on this! I think what strikes me the most is just how sprawling it is, and how it encompasses the whole party. I too love the use of the bucket handles for benches. Excellent work!

This MOC looks simply wonderful! :wink: I always wanted to see a MOC of Hobbiton here on EB, and finally the wait is over.

The scenery is just amazing. All the flowers and plants here and there add subtle detail and I really like how leafy the tree is. The decorations for Bilbo's 111st Birthday are great, especially the tents.

The burrows look stunning. I especially liked seeing your version of Bag End, since the official set is coming out soon. The furnishing with all the accesories give the burrow a very homely feel. So I must say, excellent work on this MOC. Keep up the MOCing and I hope to see many more superb MOCs soon. :sweet:

Just beautiful! The landscaping looks very nice and I think you captured the "Shire-look" very well. I think the scene looks kind of empty, though. It's a big diorama and I'd imagine the party area would be packed with hobbits preparing things.

Are those bucket handles you used for the benches? I like that idea a lot!

Amazing job. Very well done. And "only" third prize. Now I'll have to find out what made numbers one and two...