Sign in to follow this  
Simon_S

Custom Templars

Hey

I made some Templars decals, I know there are already some, but I'm not willing to pay (but still want some good ones), so I made them by myself.

Here they're attached on the figs:

7979608091_78ac7952f1.jpg

And then, the decals. They're free for everyone, but please give credit if you use or modifiy them :thumbup: .

7982244361_e12c09141e_n.jpg

7982244287_166d77f5bd_n.jpg

7982247082_69d6472257_n.jpg

I might also do some modified ones (for example a battle damaged with blood on it or something similar), so if you have suggestions, they're very welcome :sweet:

Have a nice day!

Buurli

These look great! Nice work. :thumbup:

Some of these with blood and ripped clothing (and maybe the 'skirt' ripped at the bottom for a bit) would look great, I'd imagine.

Those are great decals. For the record, though, I don't think that's a Templar uniform. They had the big old red cross. That's either Teutonic or Hospitaller knights, if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by Axis600

Those are great decals. For the record, though, I don't think that's a Templar uniform. They had the big old red cross. That's either Teutonic or Hospitaller knights, if I'm not mistaken.

Different ways of stylising it that changed I think

Good job though, they look neat.

These look great! Nice work. :thumbup:

Some of these with blood and ripped clothing (and maybe the 'skirt' ripped at the bottom for a bit) would look great, I'd imagine.

Thank you General Magma :classic:

I'm also not sure about it, but I can say that this one looked the best. (I only compared them before doing the gray 3d effect) :thumbup:

The border on the shield looks oddly rough compared to the other decal designs, which look fantastic and crisp.

Yeah, this one I made already 1 year ago, but never used it. If you print them on minifigscale, you have no chance to see the difference, only in the original photo :laugh:

Really nice figures, your detail is excellent. I love the chainmail especially. I might have to print off a couple of your decals myself. :sweet:

[historynerd]But, as Axis600, I think you're a little mixed up with the uniform. The Templar cross is a plain red one with inverted points at the end, whereas your emblem was used by the Hospitaller Knights albeit in white on a black surcoat.[/historynerd]

I don't mean to be a smartarse, just thought that I'd point it out. It doesn't detract from the overall look at all. :wub:

Really nice figures, your detail is excellent. I love the chainmail especially. I might have to print off a couple of your decals myself. :sweet:

[historynerd]The Templar cross is a plain red one with inverted points at the end[/historynerd]

Thank you :classic:

Do you think something like this would fit better?

I'm also not sure about it, but I can say that this one looked the best. (I only compared them before doing the gray 3d effect) :thumbup:

Fair enough. And they are fantastic decals :classic::thumbup:

Brilliant, that design is bang-on. :thumbup:

I'm glad that I purchased that metallic silver great helm now. :sweet:

Thank you :classic:

Btw. the metallic silver helm is also my favourite :thumbup: