kibosh

3D program for posing minifigures?

Greetings!

Is there a 2D program available that allows for the creation of Lego minifigures, and posing of them like this:

7088.jpg

I'm looking for something that allows for stretched limbs, spread legs, bent knees, etc.

Thanks!

I'm no expert at any of this, but maybe downloading a 3D program, making a minifigure model, and posing it might help. Might be how LEGO does those 3D animations on their homepage..

-Sci

I'm no expert at any of this, but maybe downloading a 3D program, making a minifigure model, and posing it might help. Might be how LEGO does those 3D animations on their homepage..

-Sci

I guess that's what I'm looking for; recommendations on what 3D program to use.

Blender is free, but I have heard that the UI is horrible. You could try Google Sketchup, but that program is very limited from what I can tell. 3DS Max may be your best bet, but it costs a lot of money if you can't get it on a student license. There's others, but those are the three that I've tried out.

Blender is free, but I have heard that the UI is horrible. You could try Google Sketchup, but that program is very limited from what I can tell. 3DS Max may be your best bet, but it costs a lot of money if you can't get it on a student license. There's others, but those are the three that I've tried out.

The common objection of Blender's "horrible interface" is largely from the old 2.4x Blender releases. The newer 2.6 builds have a far more intuitive interface, and it's capable of anything that a non-free program is.

That's what torrents are for. :tongue:

As a programmer... NO!!! :angry: