Sign in to follow this  
yys4u

Ninjago Destiny's Bounty used for Pirates?

Well with rumors circulating around the net that Ninjago will be discontinued in 2013, possibly meaning no Ninjago vs Pirate sets, and with pictures of the new theme "Legends of Chima" falling short ( I thought this theme could have had some Conquistador/pirate/islander tie-ins but I guess not), I'm at a scramble to get anything in production now that could be used for pirates!

One set that caught my eye a while ago was the Ninjago Destiny's Bounty. It has sails, and looks like a ship, but I can't for the life of me see any practical application of this set. Has anyone made this transition successfully?

I'd like to see pictures of any modifications made that make this ship look more like a pirate ship, or successful uses of its pieces, or even outfitting it with a believable crew that would fit with the pirates theme.

Any help?? Thanks!

Well with rumors circulating around the net that Ninjago will be discontinued in 2013, possibly meaning no Ninjago vs Pirate sets, and with pictures of the new theme "Legends of Chima" falling short ( I thought this theme could have had some Conquistador/pirate/islander tie-ins but I guess not), I'm at a scramble to get anything in production now that could be used for pirates!

One set that caught my eye a while ago was the Ninjago Destiny's Bounty. It has sails, and looks like a ship, but I can't for the life of me see any practical application of this set. Has anyone made this transition successfully?

I'd like to see pictures of any modifications made that make this ship look more like a pirate ship, or successful uses of its pieces, or even outfitting it with a believable crew that would fit with the pirates theme.

Any help?? Thanks!

There is an actual episode of the show that should serve as some inspiration. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQSnTB3zDCE "Pirates vs Ninja". It shows the CGI version of the ship in its sailing vessel Pirate ship form, and its original Pirate minifig crew. Captain Soto is basically the CMF Pirate Captain minifig, and I soooo want a "No Eyed Pete" minifig.

The set itself? I'm not sure? It depends on how much you can let your imagination run a bit? The front half is probably fantastic to turn into an awesome and distinct Pirate vessel. The back will probably need to be reworked more than a bit. But it can probably be turned into a neat fantasy theme Chinese Junk pirate. As far as the rest of the line? The main useful stuff is the Ninja minifigs, Nya, Sensei Wu minifigs and the vast assortment of weapons and minifig accesories. (Sensei Wu's hat in particular). Proably the only other set that would adapt well would be the 2507 Fire Temple.

Edited by Faefrost