Klaus-Dieter

2013 Lone Ranger Sets

Wow, all of this looks great so far! My favorite parts are the cow skull and the new white horse. Even though I'll have to pass on this theme due to other themes taking up my agenda, I might have to bricklink some of these awesome new parts.

This theme is looking great so far! I really don't need another licensed theme to collect, but I might cave and buy a few if the sets are good and, more importantly, if I like the movie.

I'm not familiar with the Lone Ranger story, but I'm excited with the number of horses appearing in these sets. Hopefully, they will be both in black and white as opposed to the LOTR's redish brown horses. It would be nice to have more variety in the new horse specie.

Interesting. This theme looks quite promising with good minifigs and some interesting parts so far. I can't understand the new revolvers though, what's wrong with the old ones? The new ones are hardly any different except less versatile because they can't be hold by the barrel. Love the tomahawk, I want a dozen of those. And new horses are always welcome. :thumbup:

Why on earth is this in the lisenced section and not in the History section.

All other wild west stuff in in the history section. If LOTR should be in history then so should this.

lisenced already got TMNT, marvel + DC super heroes while history only got lotr + hobbit, I know one of the arguments for having lotr be in history was the fact that lisenced forum already was too busy.

Besides.... the western fans should already be "hanging out" in the history forum.

Edited by deskp

You have a point there 'deskp'.....or it's here because it's Disney eh ? :laugh:

The two heroes look great and a more realistic to the period hand guns....Colts I hope ! :grin:

Oh, I might have to twist my arm.....well since I'm only buying 4 SH sets and the entire city range.....yeah, the budget for next year might go a little further. :laugh:

I dont think the white hat is the Indy hat. If you look at the bad guys tied up in the picture, you can see the Indy hat in brown and the white hat looks different.

The new 6-shooters and the cow skull look good.

Should the crow be a single part, attached to his headwear? Could make sense regarding to the CMF scarecrow.

I'm sold. If the range in general is as good as that image, it will be great in itself and fantastic as a source for parts for others. It's been said before, but 2013 is going to be an expensive year.

Well, I´m excited, but only because of the cow skull piece, which I think could work great for a lot of castle MOCs (Can you imagine Medieval Market with skeletal cows?).

Wow, I used to love to watch the old B & W reruns when I was a kid and I love Lego now but the licensed stuff really turns me off. Wish Lego would just do their own western thing.

What's up with all this licensed stuff these days? Lego doesn't have confidence, licensed stuff is more profitable, kids and parents look for (demand) it, what?

All of the above, probably. Lego barely has to promote something if a giant like Disney is going to be doing it, anyway. Plus: we don't know the integral dealings of the deal between Disney and TLG.

Are those weapons both new molds? Or is the Lone Rangers pistols the same as Indiana Jones?

Did anyone else notice that the Lone Ranger's black jacket and vest become blue when printed onto the legs? I know that TLG sometimes has difficulty when trying to match the same color onto different parts, like the doctor's lab coat between torso and legs, but I'm surprised that even a drawing of the minifig shows this discrepancy.

Did anyone else notice that the Lone Ranger's black jacket and vest become blue when printed onto the legs? I know that TLG sometimes has difficulty when trying to match the same color onto different parts, like the doctor's lab coat between torso and legs, but I'm surprised that even a drawing of the minifig shows this discrepancy.

I think it's just a discrepancy of the CGI. Often (for instance, on LDD), TLG uses a flat black for decorations in CGI, and a lighter, more bluish black for actual part renders, since the lighter color shows shading better. Here it seems to be the other way around. I wouldn't be surprised if the "decoration" here was altered with the expectation that the final render would use the more bluish black, but for some reason the final render ended up using a more realistic black and the legs decoration was not altered to match.

Regardless, I don't think that there's going to be such a discrepancy in the physical parts. Printing discrepancies like that almost invariably involve lighter, not darker, colors, since it takes more coats of printing to get a lighter color to appear solid against a darker ground.

Anyway, this is a great teaser. Not sure how much stuff here will make it to the actual theme and how much is just to set the mood, but the cow skull is quite clever, the minifigs have a lot of personality, and it's nice to see CMF parts like the tomahawk and loot sack being used so well in such a different context.

I absolutely love he new images very excited to see new fleshy heads, western torso's and new items like the bovine skull! Keeper hit theme maybe! What with chima and galaxy squad, am very excited for 2013!

Lone Ranger was one of the first toys I have memories of as a child in the early 70's. I had an 11 inch figure of the Ranger with a horse (Silver, of course) plus a tri-fold vinyl town. As of this movie, I have mixed feelings as the classic blue suit is so ingrained in my mind, the image of the black coat of the Ranger in this movie is startling.

Wow! I didn't think we'd get to see any pictures of this so soon. This is a great sneek peak at the minifigures.

Oh and it is cool to see new a new pistol mould as well!

I hope the Cowskull can attatched to a Torso, so it gives a nice Skeleton Minotaur. All the new parts looks great to me and i´m really excited about the new Guns.

Yippiee... I am going to be broke next year as well. I wonder if I can raid my retirement fund without the wife knowing? Never mind the government already did that.

Edited by Ralph

Wow, I like the head of Johnny Depp's character a lot! Looks very useful for alien/demon/monster characters..and for a Black Metal performer minifig too, if you will. I know it's supposed to be face paint, but still...it looks really cool.

Edited by Shakar

I really wish Lego would come up with a new cowboy hat in addition to the Lone Ranger version (which looks nice, but will probably only be by him during this theme). Someone really needs to tell them that Indy fedoras are NOT cowboy hats. We need a more modern update of the old western 10 gallon hats they used to make...