Klaus-Dieter

2013 Lone Ranger Sets

....And here I was thinking that I would skip this theme. Ha! :grin:

This set looks absolutely incredible! This, along with confirmation that the Stagecoach set will be $30 is just icing on the cake.

£30, not $30. The USD price quoted is an estimate, and in my opinion slightly optimistic. Somewhere in the realm of $40 is more likely - which is still a steal for you American-types.

Edited by Bobsy

What's with the bird in Tonto's hair? I can't remember him having one on his head.. The sets look fantastic, in particular the train. Now I'm trying to work out where to put a steam train in my layout....!!

What's with the bird in Tonto's hair? I can't remember him having one on his head.. The sets look fantastic, in particular the train. Now I'm trying to work out where to put a steam train in my layout....!!

I don't know the tribe, but there are certain Native Americans whose medicine men wear a dead crow on their heads for religious reasons.

These sets are fantastic - I'm stunned. Licensed themes are sooo lazy (that dreadful POTC theme), but this - great minifigs (as one would expect) but delightful sets showing genuine love shown in the designing and building.

Well done TLG - I never thought I'd buy lone ranger sets

What do you mean with lazy? Actually, the sets of licensed themes always are much more detailed than "normal" sets. That's why i love most licensed themes (except PoP, cause it was a boring movie/story.

Woah, the Stage Coach set looks a lot better than it did in the catalog! Not only is there five figures... the detail is amazing!

the crow head is apparently inspired by a portrait where a crow is flying by!

I'm definitely going to buy this set! it's an easy in to the world of trains and the minifigs are to die for!! :wub:

I was already going to pick all of these sets up without ever seeing a picture. But now seeing the pictures in more detail, they are really going all out for this theme. I can't wait to get these. I know very little of the Lone Ranger story, but it doesn't matter with these beautiful sets. I will definitely see the movie thanks to TLG.

I love the stagecoach design overall. I especially love 3 horses in one set, 2 of which are black without evil eyes.

The train is a must have anyway, but with all of that track included it is a day 1 purchase. I was going to get it anyway without the track, but that cinches it.

And a lot of useful torsos for MOCs, not just western themed either.

So far I am much more impressed with this theme than Super Heroes, which has been kind of a let down lately. Those are for the figures. These sets seem to be for the figures and the sets themselves!

Will definitely pick this set up! I am very surprised that it actually come with tracks! The Gatling gun is certainly very cool.

I'll publish the picture from Toyark over here!

001-Lego-lone-ranger-toyfair-2013_1360370786.jpg

Edited by GRogall

All the minifigures are great but I gotta say that that red lady is one of the most unique figs ever. I've never seen such attention on details, I wish all figures could be designed that way.

Edited by Otherworld

I'm sure you have seen this pic already but here it is if not

-CUT- Looks like you have got it already.

Looks pretty sweet. Does anyone know the UK price?

Edited by The Joker1

this is the theme of the year IMO

can't wait to see the other sets also!

but the prices are crazy. having said that, I won't miss the chance buying most of them on some discount day :classic:

I'm sure you have seen this pic already but here it is if not

-CUT- Looks like you have got it already.

Looks pretty sweet. Does anyone know the UK price?

30 pounds. I'm hoping that converts into $30 USD, but who knows...

I think Lego finally learn't to add detail to their licensed sets....the stagecoach is far better than the coach that came in London Escape. :wink:

This theme is like Pandora's box. I'm so afraid to purchase even one set, because I know once I open that door... Grrr. So many interesting pieces and prints for so many other themes as well.

And like I have room for a train. Really. :hmpf:

I wasn't originally going to get any of these sets, but the more I see of them the more I think about how much more shelving I'm going to need.

At the very least I'll have to get the stagecoach, the turning mechanism is really impressive. Plus I just have a soft spot for western stuff.

What is it about Jonny Depp minifigures that they've always got to be carrying a 1x1 tile compass? :wink:

What is it about Jonny Depp minifigures that they've always got to be carrying a 1x1 tile compass? :wink:

It's a pocket watch this time, better question is why he always plays weird painted characters.

You'd think a 1x1 round tile would be more fitting for a pocket watch? Like for Harvey Dent's coin.

Seems like Lone Ranger is the licensed theme LEGO put ALL their effort into this year. Great to see some nice-looking sets after all the horrendous SuperHeroes/Star Wars sets.