Klaus-Dieter

2013 Friends Sets - Rumours and Discussion

With these cute animals polybags, Lego are starting to go into My Littlest Pet Shop territory :laugh: (which is HUGE among little girls)

Has anyone noticed the colour of the leaves in the hedgehog set? It's in the bottom right corner, and to me it looks to be in redish brown colour. Hope that's true, as it would be nice to see more colour variation for leaves.

As for the animals, I like the poodle set, the turtle looks sweet, and also the squirrel. I hope there will be more animals coming with these or other sets.

I'm surprised nobody but me seems to see the crossover potential of the poodle ......

the bunny and kitten would fit just fine with regular figs.

I see crossover potential in everything here. Baked hedgehog, pan-fried squirrel etc. I love these animals, I am so pleased there is a cheap way to get the hedgehog.

Has anyone noticed the colour of the leaves in the hedgehog set? It's in the bottom right corner, and to me it looks to be in redish brown colour.

It looks like a background picture of some flowers to me. Wish it was red leaves!

:classic:

Has anyone noticed the colour of the leaves in the hedgehog set? It's in the bottom right corner, and to me it looks to be in redish brown colour. Hope that's true, as it would be nice to see more colour variation for leaves.

As for the animals, I like the poodle set, the turtle looks sweet, and also the squirrel. I hope there will be more animals coming with these or other sets.

It could easily be the same color leaf as in the Mirkwood Spiders set from the Hobbit theme.

It could easily be the same color leaf as in the Mirkwood Spiders set from the Hobbit theme.

I hereby dub this the Mirkwood Squirrel Polybag, first set in the new Friends of the Hobbit theme.

I'm not much of a Friends collector, but I think I might break down and buy that stage, as well as the karate and magic sets. The animal polybags look alright too. A little cutesy, but they'd make alright parts packs if nothing else. Basic parts packs, but parts packs nonetheless.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who spotted the guitar in the stage set. Looks quite similar to the custom guitars done by Brickarms/Brick Forge/Whatever silly name you want to call them, but with pastel colors, as is tradition. I guess is anyone wants to make a Lego 80s rock group, this set's a must. :D

In all honesty, I may end up picking up a lot more of these than originally expected. I have been a bit disappointed with other themes for the winter wave, so this may end up taking the spill over of the money. I may keep some for parts packs and I will most likely give the rest to the wife/daughter to build with.

The soccer ball (football) has been confirmed to be the standard old soccer ball mold. Great Ball Contraption fans may begin rejoicing at your convenience! I believe the orange pool ball is also the same part only in an orange color with no markings. Now all I need is the parts list to get the LEGO id for that ball...

Found these on a Dutch shop site:

-Sci

Thanks Sci! Definitely getting the pool, but the other sets look a bit disappointing close up. :sadnew:

I just showed this thread to my wife the other day, and as predicted she went gaga over all the animals.

Also, I just noticed that that stage set with Stephanie has a matching electric guitar.... So it would seem that the girls have a rock band with Steph on guitar, Mia on drums and Andrea on Vocals/Keyboard... All they need now is a bassist and possibly rhythm guitar (maybe Olivia and Emma?).

I also like how they incorporated the Ninjago elements into the Karate Dojo, and the bonsai tree is simple, yet effective. I might actually have to get that set.

Thanks for the close up pictures, CM4S! I'm pretty sure I'll buy some of these sets for parts, there are some nice colours included. I don't like the pool slide much, but the scene itself seems better from these pictures. Is there any info on the price range yet?

Interesting. In the high-res pictures of the first post, the big bow in 41004 Rehearsal Stage is clearly purple-ish, whereas in the new pictures it's light-bluish gray. This won't influence my buying, but still...

There's not a single set that I wouldn't like, I'm going insane just looking at the promo pics :laugh: The new sets are better then I expected, even the Rehearsal Stage is not that bad and the collectible animals are just too cute.

I really like it that the girls finally got some swimwear (they looked rather stupid wearing full clothes on the beach or in Emma's pool) and there are so many great new outfits.

I love the karate and football sets, excellent. I know I'll hoard all the polybag pets, especially the squirrel (yes! thank you, TLG) and the turtle (so sweet it melts my eyes). I was hoping for a grey bunny and here it is! Lovely. I like it that there are no minidolls, just the animals.

Do I see the hedgehog in two colors? (not my picture)

friends_hedgehog.jpg

Hedgehog family? :wink:

The people over at YCF on YouTube have reviewed the Olivia's Foul 2013 set. This was from that iffy eBay auction (back from October).

The people over at YCF on YouTube have reviewed the Olivia's Foul 2013 set.

Freudian slip? :tongue: