Klaus-Dieter

2013 Friends Sets - Rumours and Discussion

While I'm sure my daughter would like these quite a bit, I wish LEGO would pick a storage vendor and stick with them. I've already invested quite a bit in the various IRIS storage containers (project cases, and the storage bins they used to sell at Wal Mart that were roughly twice the size of a project case). It's nice having similar containers because they'll stack. These look completely different from everything LEGO has had out before, which most likely means they won't be 'stacking' compatible with the old containers. For a company that built its success on a system, they don't seem to be willing to support a consistent storage system in their non-brick product licensing deals.

Edited by meyerc13

While I'm sure my daughter would like these quite a bit, I wish LEGO would pick a storage vendor and stick with them. I've already invested quite a bit in the various IRIS storage containers (project cases, and the storage bins they used to sell at Wal Mart that were roughly twice the size of a project case). It's nice having similar containers because they'll stack. These look completely different from everything LEGO has had out before, which most likely means they won't be 'stacking' compatible with the old containers. For a company that built its success on a system, they don't seem to be willing to support a consistent storage system in their non-brick product licensing deals.

It could have something to do with different licensees having access to different distribution channels, meaning that by getting an assortment of licensees they can have a wider range of stores carry their licensed products.

With that said, I do agree that a more consistent system would be much appreciated. But of course no matter what TLG settled on there would be some people disappointed because their preferred system didn't get the gig. For instance, the IRIS storage containers are some very useful ones as far as design is concerned, but some people could quite justifiably prefer the Plast Team creative storage line for its sheer novelty. As it is, I don't think any one storage system has had overwhelming success, so having multiple licensors handling things independent could be the corporate equivalent of throwing darts at a wall and seeing where they stick.

I wish LEGO would pick a storage vendor and stick with them.

I hear ya -- we have Iris and Plast team (and loads of others :wink: ) and stacking and/or organizing can be a pain. We recently went through a move, so it's even more evident then (cuz we want everything to 'stack' right?).

While I like the variety of Iris, my experience is the quality is not the best; we had to get rid of the rack frame of the six drawer work station set due to it cracking and leaning :sceptic:

And a few of the cases themselves have cracks, which leave jagged edges on the place were one puts fingers to 'open' case. Sigh.

The Plast team containers are very solid and doubt would ever crack. Of course, we pay for that too, right? Yet, they are also heavier empty -- and even more heavy when filled with bricks!!

For me, I'm holding out hopes these new ones will be a good middle-ground in cost and durability. Also, they do come with sort trays.

The opposite side of one container has the graphics "Building girlpower" just like the notebooks, shirts, etc. :wub:

There's also a new carry case that should be useful for people who are looking for a nice way to store their Friends minidolls and animals:

$T2eC16d,!zQE9s3st(-vBRPMccR3Wg~~60_12.JPG

Sorry, I didn't know that was already known. :blush: Anyway, I think it's neat that it comes with a turntable.

I've been looking for those pictures of the Series 3 animal sets. Thank Sci, they look great! :classic:

GRogall's HR image set off the day is

41005 Heartlake High

Warning second picture links to +6000.pxl version!

b_41005_box_side_800.jpg

c_41005_detail_1_800.jpg

Enjoy :pir-laugh: :pir-laugh: :pir-laugh:

Edited by GRogall

Thanks, Grogall. You obviously have ''Friends'' in high places to get these pictures. :wink:

What color is the building? Bright Light Yellow?

From what I can tell from the photos, it looks as light yellow, it's hard to compares, as no other yellow seems clearly visible. If you look at the juices top, it's yellow, and slightly different than the walls.

Stephanie's hair is light yellow and it seems to be the same as the wall's color. It's a new color for me (for buildings).

Stephanie's hair is light yellow and it seems to be the same as the wall's color. It's a new color for me (for buildings).

Yep, it's specifically Bricklink's Bright Light Yellow (226 Cool Yellow by TLG's naming/numbering scheme). Anyway, this is a lovely set both inside and out, and really goes to show the kind of detail that has become standard for LEGO Friends. I can easily imagine someone buying multiples of this set to create additional classrooms and perhaps a complete basketball court, but the content it has (a bathroom, a basketball hoop, a cafe, some lockers, an art class, and a science class) stands pretty well on its own.

Also, is that a new handbag? It's a nice design; the print is definitely new to this set.

Looks awesome, Lego really improved the color matches for Friends 2013. Azure, dark blue, pale yellow and purple looks really nice together.

However hasn't Lego had light / pale yellow before in the LEGO Island theme 10+ years ago?

They have to go outside to go to the toilet! How cruel!

But saying that, they work out side, and play a game of basketball using one net, and are allowed to bike around during class.

That's so accurate.

Edited by Devorath

I was pulling for light yellow, one of my favorite colors. But will settle for bright light yellow as long as it is anything but the old YELLOW.This color is used in the plates under and between the floors of the pink (4996) and med blue duplo playhouses (9225). I do so hope that they will bring back light yellow in a huge way as it is one of the most interesting colors LEGO makes, and I happen to own quite a few....but never enough!

Edited by Legogal

They have to go outside to go to the toilet! How cruel!

But saying that, they work out side, and play a game of basketball using one net, and are allowed to bike around during class.

That's so accurate.

Must be an really old high school.......I wonder what girls playing with it will think of it......ah, add some of the musical sets with it.....their own 'Glee' ! :laugh:

Looks awesome, Lego really improved the color matches for Friends 2013. Azure, dark blue, pale yellow and purple looks really nice together.

However hasn't Lego had light / pale yellow before in the LEGO Island theme 10+ years ago?

I was pulling for light yellow, one of my favorite colors. But will settle for bright light yellow as long as it is anything but the old YELLOW.That color is used in the plates under and between the floors of the pink (4956) and med blue duplo playhouses (9225). I do so hope that they will bring back light yellow in a huge way as it is one of the most interesting colors LEGO makes, and I happen to own quite a few....but never enough!

The Light Yellow that was used prominently in LEGO Island Extreme Stunts was, as far as I have been able to tell, discontinued in 2004 or 2005 and replaced with Cool Yellow (Bricklink's Bright Light Yellow). Bricklink occasionally says a newer part is Light Yellow, but then again Bricklink also tried to tell us that Hamm's plug from the Toy Story sets was Fabuland Brown, and still conflates wholly different metallic colors to an embarrassing degree. In any event, Light Yellow has been absent from TLG's color palette for several years and is probably never coming back.

Want to know what's on TLG's current color palette? Just open LDD in Extended Mode. All the colors in the Solid, Transparent, and Metallic categories are still on the 2013 color palette with the exception of 208 Light Stone Grey, which seems to be absent in pictures I've seen.

The new school set is one I've put on my list, but I notice that Lego haven't solved the problem with the Friends minidolls not being able to grip the handlebars on the Lego bicycles. The 'Friends' young ladies on my layout are forever getting told off by the local police for riding their bicycles hands off.

Love that school set. Brown door frames, Solid door!, friends girl with glasses!, a new boy fig. This is great. :wub:

ah, add some of the musical sets with it.....their own 'Glee' ! :laugh:

Drat, just when I thought I'd be able to avoid buying more Friends sets this year...thanks for blowing my whole budget. :hmpf_bad::laugh: