Sign in to follow this  
Admiral-Ackbar

Post Republic Venator Class Cruiser

http://upload.brickshelf.com/gallery/grahamm5001/Venator/1348077667916.jpg4.gif[/img]

Before I begin, I realise that this is simply a quite boring MOD of a set that Lego released, but since I have no pieces to spare at the moment, and since Oky has said that it is technically ok though a bit lazy, here goes:

The Dark Side controls the galaxy! The evil sith lord Sidious has re-organised the Galactic Republic into the Galactic Empire, and has ordered all fleets in the galaxy to remove their markings, making the ships look monochrome.....

A front view of the ship (doesn't it look boring?):

2012-09-09_18.03.33.jpg

A view from higher up at the front. Here you can see the imperial logo, only there to show it's technically not a Republic ship any more:

2012-09-09_18.03.42.jpg

Yet another view showing a better look to the commnand section and wings:

2012-09-09_18.04.10.jpg

And finally a look at the side (here you can see my bad workmanship in all it's glory):

2012-09-09_18.03.58.jpg

And now I present my attempt at the interior (not very good due to a lack of parts and awkward camera for the day) for your hopeful viewing pleasure:

An overall view of the front section:

1348077667916.jpg

A closeup of 'Vader' and 'Palpatine':

1348077575160.jpg

A closer look at the 'trenches' that are about 4 studs deep:

1348077452280.jpg

And a look at the rear 'corridor':

1348077401266.jpg

I hope the interior doesn't look too shabby, but I am still quite short on parts.

Thats all folks! Hope you like it, and I hope that I'll be able to make a proper MOC soon. :laugh:

Edited by Admiral-Ackbar

I actually really like it. I haven't seen a version of this from the end of Ep. III. It looks great in all grey, and it comes from, what was in my opinion, a very emotional part of the movie and entire saga. Something about seeing the complete destruction of the Republic was very heart wrenching (don't judge!) :cry_sad:

I actually really like it. I haven't seen a version of this from the end of Ep. III. It looks great in all grey, and it comes from, what was in my opinion, a very emotional part of the movie and entire saga. Something about seeing the complete destruction of the Republic was very heart wrenching (don't judge!) :cry_sad:

Thanks for your kind words! I agree with you about this part of the movie, it was extremely sad. :cry_sad:

Great rendition of the Venator during a very pivital point when the Republic turns into the Galatic Empire. I think this is the first one I have seen for this time period. As a Empire fan, I loved this part of the movie and really showed how the Empire started its rise to fame and power.

Great rendition of the Venator during a very pivital point when the Republic turns into the Galatic Empire. I think this is the first one I have seen for this time period. As a Empire fan, I loved this part of the movie and really showed how the Empire started its rise to fame and power.

Again, thanks for the kind words! I'm glad that people see the resemblance between this and the actual ship. :tongue:

Good work for one of the last scene of Episode III :thumbup: :thumbup:

I really like it a lot :classic: :classic:

That's actually a pretty cool mod. I like it! :thumbup: I don't think I've seen any recreation of the Imperial Venators before. And yes, that was a pretty powerful part of the movie. Has the interior been imperialized too? It would be great if you would change Palpatine's office into the Venator bridge so that you could recreate that scene of Vader and the Emperor observing the construction of the Death Star! :sweet:

That's actually a pretty cool mod. I like it! :thumbup: I don't think I've seen any recreation of the Imperial Venators before. And yes, that was a pretty powerful part of the movie. Has the interior been imperialized too? It would be great if you would change Palpatine's office into the Venator bridge so that you could recreate that scene of Vader and the Emperor observing the construction of the Death Star! :sweet:

While I have removed all of the stickers and red and added lots of grey, I haven't actually built anything inside, just stripped it of it's 'Republiclyness', plus I currently don't own Palpy or Vader. It does sound like a good way to improve this though! Thanks for the suggestion! :classic:

Edited by Admiral-Ackbar

I don't really think it's boring, I think it looks pretty cool. :classic: Seeing a venator stripped of it's dark red is definitely interesting and I don't think I've seen anything like this before. Anyway, it still looks cool so good job!

I don't really think it's boring, I think it looks pretty cool. :classic: Seeing a venator stripped of it's dark red is definitely interesting and I don't think I've seen anything like this before. Anyway, it still looks cool so good job!

Thanks for the kind comments, Darth! I said it looked because of it's monochrome colour scheme; something I disliked about the Imperial Star Destroyers.

Nice MOC :thumbup:

I need to find another idea for my entry :sweet:

Considering how talented you are at LDD, I don't think you'll have any problems finding something else to make! :laugh:

Considering how talented you are at LDD, I don't think you'll have any problems finding something else to make! :laugh:

Thanks, my last build is finally over, so I'll have some to think of a third idea :wink:

This is a great start, but as others had said, you should add an interior, and maybe some greebles, because I find the wings a bit plain.

As for a question for everybody, do you think LEGO will run out of ideas so much as to release this version of the ship as an actual set?

This is a great start, but as others had said, you should add an interior, and maybe some greebles, because I find the wings a bit plain.

As for a question for everybody, do you think LEGO will run out of ideas so much as to release this version of the ship as an actual set?

I can't do any greebling due to a lack of parts, and I don't think they would; maybe as a MINI but not any other way.

I have added an interior of sorts! :laugh:

Thanks everyone for your kind comments so far! :cry_happy:

I think this post by Cpt. Dan pretty much describes how i felt as well about the end of Episode III. It really is an intense moment in the story line when the last remnants of the Republic are destroyed and the Empire takes over completely. Great choice for an entry Admiral-Ackbar! :sweet:

I think this post by Cpt. Dan pretty much describes how i felt as well about the end of Episode III. It really is an intense moment in the story line when the last remnants of the Republic are destroyed and the Empire takes over completely. Great choice for an entry Admiral-Ackbar! :sweet:

Thanks again for your kind words. I think that we are all in agreement that this ship came from a very upsetting and emotional part of the Prequel Trilogy, The Great Jedi Purge I think it was called.

I too loved that scene... But I couldn't help wondering how many years are supposed to be between the last scene of episode 3 and the begining of episode 4? Because in what seems to be 20-25 years, the empire managed to get rid of all the cool ships that are in episode 3, including the venator class :hmpf:

I too loved that scene... But I couldn't help wondering how many years are supposed to be between the last scene of episode 3 and the begining of episode 4? Because in what seems to be 20-25 years, the empire managed to get rid of all the cool ships that are in episode 3, including the venator class :hmpf:

I believe it was about 19 years between Episode 3 and 4. They should have kept the Venators for the benefit of the newly made Stormtroopers, they would have remained familiar to their ship throughout.