WesternOutlaw

Which company makes better pirate-themed sets?

Which do you like better?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favorite

• Lego 4+
    • Mega Bloks
    • Playmobil
    • Best-Lock
    • Papo
    • Other

Lately, as I'm seeing Mega Blok Pirate set reviews, it gave me a thought to share some other pirate set companies. For this poll, consider the different companies and vote for your favorite pirate theme set builder. Understanding that Classic Lego Pirates would win hands-down, Lego Pirate 4+ is included in this poll. What are your thoughts regarding these other companies? :-$

Here are some sample ships that each company has produced:

Lego 4+

LE7075.jpg

Mega Bloks

3696789SPA66UC303709M.jpg

Playmobil

3940_lg.jpg

Best-Lock

0205_blpirate1.jpg

Papo

papo39430_1.jpg

I've never heard of Papo before, but there seems to be dozens of these minor LEGO imitators these days like Koko, Atoo, Best Brick, etc. Then there's the direct knock offs like Shifty.

LEGO 4+.

Even the Junior stuff beats out all the pre-fab competitors. Sure, the Playmobile sets look nice, and are of decent quality, but what can you do with them? LEGO still has more play-options than any other toy on the market. The <insert that tiresome argument> 4+ is a great way to get younger kids into LEGO, and that is NEVER a bad thing.

LEGO 4+.

Even the Junior stuff beats out all the pre-fab competitors. Sure, the Playmobile sets look nice, and are of decent quality, but what can you do with them? LEGO still has more play-options than any other toy on the market. The <insert that tiresome argument> 4+ is a great way to get younger kids into LEGO, and that is NEVER a bad thing.

I agree completely! I'll take 4+ over Mega Bloks or Play Mobil any day! I don't care about the playing capabilities of Lego, I care about the MOCing and moding capabilities; of which Mega Bloks and Play Mobil have slim to none!

Rebbeard's ship has some OK stuff; a lime parrot, some more Viking masts, a big map, a scimitar, some red fences, If you just rid of the hideous stern piece, add some more detail mostly around there but some other places to, and rid of the maxithings; you get a pretty good ship, made of of great plastic, and there is many moding possibilities using the same peices of your already favorite toy brand.

i have to say playmobil!

they have had a pirate theme since the 80s and its still up an alive!!

like most modern playmo the sets are full of details and great quality *y*

Playmobil has churned out some quality pirate sets; it's a shame they can't be disassembled and used for MOCs. Like the other LEGO purists, I too must agree with them. The +4 pirate line, while embarrassing, does contain useful elements, is compatible with the brick, and thus is salvageable. So, my vote goes to TLC as well.

I hear the hull pieces are pretty bad, but I'd still like to get my hands on one...

Playmobil has churned out some quality pirate sets; it's a shame they can't be disassembled and used for MOCs. Like the other LEGO purists, I too must agree with them. The +4 pirate line, while embarrassing, does contain useful elements, is compatible with the brick, and thus is salvageable. So, my vote goes to TLC as well.

I hear the hull pieces are pretty bad, but I'd still like to get my hands on one...

Dito :-/

I like the red & blue soldiers in this set. Playmobil figs have really improved over the years just like Lego. the colors, details, and accessories are a lot better.

Eeep! What have I done!?! Ugh, I regret my vote. If possible, please, change it to 4+.Ugh, I'm silly X-D .

Yeah, 4+. Despite their terrible figs. YOu can at least do something with their pieces. Playmobil is nice, but doesn't have that "LEGO" bricks feel.

Eeep! What have I done!?! Ugh, I regret my vote. If possible, please, change it to 4+.Ugh, I'm silly X-D .

Are you being serious ImperialScouts? :-/ If so, I can change it for you.

I'm silly X-D . I'm sorry for the inconvieniance(I know I spelled that wrong). But, yes, I would like it changed.

Yes, you're very silly. www.dictionary.com will help you with your spelling.

Now you want your vote changed to 4+? What did you originally vote for?

Well, I guess Lego 4+ Takes the lead with half of the votes? What does this prove? I don't know. Is Lego 4+ better than the other brands?

the minifigs in the megablocks made me choose them the way that you can move the arms and legs is just amazing! ;-) lego pirates the origanal where the best but, +4 is a little too kiddish for me....

Hence the 4+. The line was mostly intended for young children, like Duplo. I don't like the look of the MB figs, they look too realistic. Lego, on the other hand, has only a couple universal pieces for their figures.

playmobil rules...you are evil...you shouldn't vote pirates+4 and that huge sets have a lot of votes here

PS: the ship brickster put in the first post is great

You are calling me evil!?!?! Why I outta...at least it's lego

ah...and if lego makes the worst s*beep*t in the world, is cool because at leats is lego |-/