Rick

2013 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I'm really excited about summer. Seems really cool. The "starter set" is probably the summer flagship, an equivalent of the old Main Street. The list is also clearly not complete, probably missing the retailer-exclusives.

Also, "jackscrew" refers to the way the plane opens. It means it is a front-loading cargo plane with a nose that tilts up/to the side.

60012 {Coast Guard 4X4 dive boat} Lego are big on 4x4's lately. Not that I'm complaining, I love 4x4's.

60014 {Coast Guard patrol} Hopefully another small boat. The more the merrier.

60019 {stunt plane} Not my thing really but I prefer smaller planes to the ginormous airport ones.

60020 {jackscrew cargo plane} If it opens at the front it's gonna be a biggie. I don't want another huge plane. Probably skip this one.

60021 {cargo terminal} Cool beans. Sounds good to me.

60023 {Lego City Starterset} Intriguing. Will wait for further info.

60025 {Grand Prix truck} Ferrari or other I wonder? Not my thing but my partner will want it.

60027 {Monstertruck transporter} Haha this sounds good. I suppose it depends on the monster truck itself but I'm interested for now.

Thanks for the info whung. :sweet::thumbup:

Edited by Jargo

Thanks for sharing the latest and greatest, whung!

I look forward to the cargo sets the most. I hope that the Cargo terminal is substantial - and not just made up of lots of huge parts like the recent port, but reasonably detailed with some playability. I wonder if the starter set will be a few figs, a bench, and some other street side odds and ends, or if they'll surprise us with something new? Either scenario would be ok with me. I look forward to seeing pictures of all of these.

Thanks for sharing the latest and greatest, whung!

I look forward to the cargo sets the most. I hope that the Cargo terminal is substantial - and not just made up of lots of huge parts like the recent port, but reasonably detailed with some playability. I wonder if the starter set will be a few figs, a bench, and some other street side odds and ends, or if they'll surprise us with something new? Either scenario would be ok with me. I look forward to seeing pictures of all of these.

The starter set isn't anything small. It's the flagship - $100+.

Thank you all very much for the news and pics! :classic:

60009 Helicopter Rescue :thumbup:

Imo a great set. I esp. like that the small house includes roller gates and (even it's only little) an interior.

The only two three things I don't like are that the garage has no side wall on its left side, that the pick-up includes no boot lid and that the helicopter has only that a small interior.

About the summer sets list:

60012 Coast Guard 4X4 dive boat

Shall this be a 4x4 car with a trailer with a small boat? If so, I have no use for this one since I already own the last one from the previous CG theme from 2008.

60014 Coast Guard patrol

Possibly a big patrol boat, don't you think? If so, I hope it's part inside the ship mold will be closed and have windows and not only holes. But I don't know if I need a CG boat.

I'm surprised that we don't get a CG HQ.

60019 stunt plane :thumbup:

Perhaps a 10 Euros set with a stunt plane in size similar to the last water plane. That might be a nice little set!

60020 jackscrew cargo plane :thumbup:

If it wasn't too huge and if it included a lot of cargo stuff, this could be a nice set!

60021 cargo terminal :thumbup:

I really, really hope that this will be a re-design of the amazing 6391 Cargo Center (http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/6391-1?showpic=10460). Of course these days TLG regrettably won't design that huge buildings. But my wish would be a big depot, a small office, a truck and a forktlift (and no plane included).

60023 Lego City Starterset

The set name does let completely open what it includes. It could be only a selection of four minifigures, some street signs, some accessory and perhaps a bicycle. It could be one building and these minifigs. Or it could even be somethings similar to the amazing 7641 City Corner. If it was the last version, this would be brilliant!

60025 Grand Prix truck + 60027 Monstertruck transporter :wacko:

No interest in these sets.

What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

I think people are reading a little too much into the starter set, I reckon it could be on a level with the new cases that are coming out next year:

LEGO-Bricks-More-10659-Pre.jpgLEGO-Bricks-More-10660-Pre.jpg

Possibly a bit bigger?

Saw the 2013 sets on a certain someone's Facebook page, and the Coast Gaurd stuff look great. The starter set looks... weird. The Stunt/Race stuff looks bad.

I see the images of the new city studf too...really great new set, into costguard and cargo sets, great stuff!!

oh..e the new set 3 in 1 houses are great!!!

The starter set is a small fire truck, small ambulance and police motorcycle with some figs. Looks to be targeted very young.

Too bad the starter set isn't the rumored flagship summer. But I still expect we will see one. There are some numbers still missing, so I'm going to assume those will be retailer exclusives. I'm liking all of them, but disappointed with the cargo terminal, because I was expecting a terminal, and, well, it's not. The plane looks good, but the ground equipment looks fantastic.

Missing 60013, -24 and -26, so essentially one exclusive for each of TRU, Target and WM.

My biggest disappointment is while I like the sets - where are the buildings!?! Hope we see some!

Edited by MAH4546

I just saw on the Coast Guard sets, that they have the old shark instead of the newer one (in one of the Agents sets). I like the thought of the Surfer Rescue set, though.

:thumbdown:

-Sci

The not so clear pictures of the summer sets have been disclosed "somewhere else", based on which I can share some information to answer your questions, in red and blue:

About the summer sets list:

60012 Coast Guard 4X4 dive boat

Shall this be a 4x4 car with a trailer with a small boat? If so, I have no use for this one since I already own the last one from the previous CG theme from 2008.

Coast Guard follows the previous orange-blue-white color theme.

Quite similar to the 2008 one, the worse thing is the boat becomes the one-piece rubber raft instead of brick-built boat in this newer version. 2 minifigs included. But it looks not too bad overall.

60014 Coast Guard patrol

Possibly a big patrol boat, don't you think? If so, I hope it's part inside the ship mold will be closed and have windows and not only holes. But I don't know if I need a CG boat.

I'm surprised that we don't get a CG HQ.

Yes, big patrol CG boat, plus a big-size green rubber raft (again) with some structure on it , and light tower on a big rock. The CG boat is with closed structures and windows. Overall, the concept is quite similar to 7739, and looks not too bad.

Under these CG theme, there will also be 2 more sets

60011 Surfer Rescue

Small sets with surfer on a surf board (obviously...), being attacked by a shark (old mold seemingly), and a coast guard riding on a water bike probably.

60015 Coast Guard Plane

With small-to-medium size fishing boat which has relatively simlple structures, and a medium-size water plane. Overall the set seems not bad.With small-to-medium size fishing boat which has relatively simlple structures, and a medium-size water plane. Overall the set seems not bad.

60019 stunt plane :thumbup:

Perhaps a 10 Euros set with a stunt plane in size similar to the last water plane. That might be a nice little set!

Its concept is like one of the previous airline promotional set, 7688. With the stunt plane and a small ground support vehicle. 2 minifigs. The plane looks okay.

60020 jackscrew cargo plane :thumbup:

If it wasn't too huge and if it included a lot of cargo stuff, this could be a nice set!

60020's official name is Cargo Truck, maybe originally the website messed up with the set number and name.

Anyway, 60020 Cargo Truck is with a medium-size cargo truck, a fork lift, and some cargoes...

60021 cargo terminal :thumbup:

I really, really hope that this will be a re-design of the amazing 6391 Cargo Center (http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/6391-1?showpic=10460). Of course these days TLG regrettably won't design that huge buildings. But my wish would be a big depot, a small office, a truck and a forktlift (and no plane included).

Based on what was seen, it should 60022. Big set. Big cargo plane, really long. With air control tower, 2 ground support vehicle and a fork lift

60021 should be Cargo Helicopter. It is not a traditional helicopter. Instead, it is of that type which looks like plane but not helicopter, with 2 engines on each of the wings able to rotate from horizontal to perpendicular poistion at take-off. With some reddish brown cargo which I am not sure what they are (some containers or lumber???) Also, with a small ground vehicle.

60023 Lego City Starterset

The set name does let completely open what it includes. It could be only a selection of four minifigures, some street signs, some accessory and perhaps a bicycle. It could be one building and these minifigs. Or it could even be somethings similar to the amazing 7641 City Corner. If it was the last version, this would be brilliant!

A police motorcycle, small ambulance and small fire rescue vehicle with a ladder. That's what it means city start set!

60025 Grand Prix truck + 60027 Monstertruck transporter :wacko:

No interest in these sets.

60025 - octan theme, a racing car, and a big green truck which I guess can house the racing car. Looks not bad.

60027 - Big red monster truck (those big 4WD thing) and with its big red transporter with long trailer on which the monster truck can be carried

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Alywin

I saw a few of the Summer sets on flickr(the starter set, monster truck transport & race car hauler). I wanna see the rest. :sad:

60011 Surfer rescue – Jet ski and surfer and an old school shark. Yay for sharks! Neat little pocket money set. Always nice to get more surfers. Hopefully the surf board has a nicely designed sticker. Because it’s unlikely to be printed.

60012 4x4 and diving boat – Pretty much like the last coast guard 4x4 and boat but nicer. Cleaner design and easily modified into a civilian car. Goes on my want list.

60014 Coast guard patrol – Lovely white ship hull. Excellent! If I don’t buy the set I’ll definitely Bricklink the ship hull. Nice looking set though with the mini helicopter and green speedboat/dinghy

60015 Coast guard plane – Fantastic set. Small fishing boat and cool seaplane. On my want list.

60019 Stunt plane – Looks nicer than the last one. Picture is a bit washed out but I expect I’ll get this set and modify it.

60020 Cargo truck – A rehash of 7733 Cargo truck but smaller. Already have two 7733 trucks so not getting this new one.

60021 Cargo heliplane – Is that a new nose section? Looks like a cool set. Going on my want list for sure.

60022 Cargo terminal – Just a rehash of 7734 Cargo plane. Not interesting enough to warrant buying.

60023 City starter set – Couple of nice minibus sized emergency vehicles. Bit of modifying and you have a nice postal van and an ice cream van. I’ll buy this. Probably get a couple.

60025 Grand prix truck – I don’t like racing cars or grand prix but this will be worth getting to modify into a more useful articulated delivery truck.

60027 Monster truck transporter – The monster truck is ugly just like real monster trucks and the transporter truck is what you’d expect of a long articulated flat bed truck. I think it’s ok for what it represents but doubt I’ll buy it.

Can someone who saw the Creator houses comment on them? I heard there will be three new ones:small/medium/large.