Rick

2013 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

You know what comes every three years.....new fire theme..

Rumor goes around internet that there will be new fireman with all usual stuff plus a burning house

I thought, or more hoped, the Forest theme sets would count as a Fire and Police run... I' tired of new stuff from these lines. I wish they'd put sets out for other public works instead. What can we do..? It's what the kids go for! default_sadnew.gifdefault_classic.gif

Reading the Brickset forum, I came across another rumor: [rumor goes here]

Some new modular cinema building maybe?

A new, full, modular cinema would be great! Like many have said, 10184 Town Plan's cinema is great, but too small. If one isn't in the works, I'm definitely adding to 10184's default_classic.gif

[is it] It is a half destroyed house or a regular house with flame pieces. And the great vehicle theme continues

I certainly hope that it would be a whole house. Knowing LEGO, if this is to be an actual set, I'm sure it would be a whole building with inner workings that "damage" or collapse the structure with flames. I'd get one or two for a fire rescue scene. And of course, I can't wait so see what new vehicles come out default_classic.gif

Anyone know how the Mine Theme is doing, or whether it will have a second wave? default_classic.gif

LOVE this time of year with all the rumors circulating-- THRILL OF THE CHASE!!!

That movie theater sounds really special-- wonder if they could do a rising curtain for it?

As for the great vehicles continuing, I'm gonna predict a new cement mixer. But I'd love an ice cream truck!!

Thank you very much for this information, Cwetqo and Iron Mac! :classic:

In the CC styled buildings I'm - like always - not interesed. But more great vehicles and finally a burning house does sound amazing! :thumbup:

These rumors sound great, a burning house you say. It is a half destroyed house or a regular house with flame pieces.

I hope that this will be the case, The Blue Brick! But I personally fear that the house will be only a facade with some flames (the shop building in the latest construction site set did include a shop sign and brick built flowers, but no interior, too).

I thought, or more hoped, the Forest theme sets would count as a Fire and Police run... I' tired of new stuff from these lines. I wish they'd put sets out for other public works instead. What can we do..? It's what the kids go for! default_sadnew.gifdefault_classic.gif

In general I totally agree with you, LEGO Guy Bri! There are a lot of themes and sets which we would that much like to get, but don't get (a zoo theme, a mall, a cargo center - only to mention some).

But this year - and supposably even in 2013 (at least judging from which I read hear) - TLG manages to release the regular really boring action sets as really interesting sets. They built them much more realistic (at least the majority), design them in different, never before seen styles (e. g. forest themed) and add more civilian and additional aspects to them which aren't "only" action (e. g. the trees and the grizzly in the forest themed fire and police sets this year). This is which I like.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

They are running out of ideas with fire/police sets. Take old fire station and remove section between garage and use those bricks to add another floor to main building plus switch ladder car with one from standalone set and use leftover for new set. Take cement mixer and switch colour to yellow, take 3180 and make single truck with just 2 segments of semi round bricks, take dump truck, make it flatbed and put car on and you've got youself half year almost covered.

Ok, to be fair: burning house is original, museum too (even if its just bank/city corner sized) and chase set includes this in new colour: 6567c01.jpg

Edited by Cwetqo

Thank you very much for this further information, Cwetqo! :classic:

But a new tow truck with loading platform and car does sound interesting since TLG hasn't released one with this function before. And since I don't own any cement mixer truck, I like it that I'll have the chance to get one (esp. since the new one will hopefully include car doors which the previous one didn't).

I really hope that we'll get preliminary pics soon!

Klaus-Dieter

I would find it curious that a retail catalog would list the Cinema as the next Modular Building since these are only available to very few and selected retailers and that only after 3 month after the release!

I also don't understand why the city theme always has to be modern city? why don't they do a cops and robbers theme from the 30's or something more historical!

but it always seems to be the same old same old! :shrug_oh_well:

Would love to see these vehicles in real bricks...

I'm not sure if these have been posted yet, but I found some HR images for the game "Lego City Undercover" which may show some 2013 city sets!?

Remember these are NOT confirmed 2013 sets!

All images link to HR version 3500+ pxl.

Edit* this is obviously 7631 (with new mining Minifigures)!

And this would be my personal favorite! it show a Ford GT40 if they don't make it i'll MOC it! :tongue:

All these would probably look real good as real sets!

I have already mentioned this!

Edited by Ricecracker
Don't quote images

Ok, to be fair: burning house is original, museum too (even if its just bank/city corner sized) and chase set includes this in new colour: 6567c01.jpg

Thanks for the info Cwetqo. I just really want to see these sets already and your info is killing me. :laugh:

They are running out of ideas with fire/police sets. Take old fire station and remove section between garage and use those bricks to add another floor to main building plus switch ladder car with one from standalone set and use leftover for new set. Take cement mixer and switch colour to yellow, take 3180 and make single truck with just 2 segments of semi round bricks, take dump truck, make it flatbed and put car on and you've got youself half year almost covered.

'Cwetqo' are these guesses or have you seen something most of us haven't ? :wink:

A burning house is believable since we've had burning trees in the forest this year....about time the fire fighters earn their keep. :wink:

This museum might not be a museum but some other kind of structure....remember in late 2009 we thought 2010 would see a breakdown car based on a German translation but ended up being a lighting repair truck. :wink:

Can we assume that a ladder truck on it's own will be part of the great vehicles series or will there be another car/SUV/van ?

A burning house sounds intersting, and the flatbed truck. I do ho`pe we won't get too many more police, though I don't mind firemen.

A burning house is believable since we've had burning trees in the forest this year....

A burning house sounds intersting, and the flatbed truck. I do ho`pe we won't get too many more police, though I don't mind firemen.

I'm afraid if there is a burning house, it'll be more of a burning shack! default_sceptic.gif Something small ($40<), low detail, etc. I am good on the PD and FD scene, but because I'm an idiot with some spare cash, and no other theme interests, I would end up buying them anyway. default_laugh2.gif

I am looking forward for the lot of vehicles, those are always my favorite default_classic.gif

Edited by LEGO Guy Bri

Today I finally managed to have a look into the retailer's catalogue. So here is which I remember:

Police theme:

60006 Police Sqaud :thumbdown:

This set includes a police squad and a push cart with jewels. Minifigs are bandit and police officer.

Imo a useless set since we now have really enough police squads. Plus which robber would carry his stolen jewels in a pushcart?!

60007 Police Chase :wub:

This set includes a police motorbike, a ferrari looking like red sports cabriolet, a police "bar" (fence), spikes chain over the road and a police humvee (with window brick from the red cargo train engine, but in blue). The two cars are six studs wide, but don't include car doors. Minifigs are two police officers and a robber.

ALthough the vehicles do regrettably not include car doors, they look amazing and the spikes chain over the road is a fantastic addition.

60008 Museum Break-In :wub: :wub: :wub:

This set includes a museum (16x16 baseplate, but interior is supposably only 6x16) with a big porch on two columns. Color of the building is tan, the roof is mostly grey. The building is built a bit superior than the baseplate - small stairs with a red carpet got to the entrance. The roof is built excellently - looking like the town hall's roof in 10184, but even better since it has decoration (on the left and the right site a grey microfigure) and there is a roof window consisting of two "solar panel" pieces (from the small rocket in the latest space port set). Inside the museum seems to include a blue jewel under glas and a golden dish. There are three vehicles included: a robber's van (looking like this year's ambulance, but shorter and in dark grey), a police van (looking like the security transport car in the bank set, but in white and blue color and without roller gates) and a small police helicopter (in the classic 90s Lego City style size) with light brick as spotlight. Minifigs are two robbers, pilot, police officer with bulletproof vest (only printed on torso) and cap and two police officers with bulletproof vest (only printed on torso) and black helmet with dark visor. Regrettably no weaponry, but that was to worry about. (But since these minifigs have helmets you can give them their weapons on your own.)

This set is for sure the best set of the whole City winter wave (of regular sets - who know which Exclusives we'll get?) and without doubts one of the best City sets ever which you should really not miss getting!

There are two new torsos: The robber's one and the one of the police officer with the bulletproof vest.

Great Vehicles theme:

Tow Truck :thumbup:

This set inclued an orange colored tow truck with platform and car doors and a small dark-red car (regrettably without car doors). Minifigs are a worker and the woman with the grey torso with the pink scarf.

I don't like the small car because of its missing car doors which makes the car looking really <insert that tiresome argument>. But the tow truck itstelf looks amazing!

Fuel Tanker :thumbup:

This set includes a classic looking like Octan fuel tanker which is smaller than the previous version. And there's even a small gas pump. Minifigure is - if I remember correctly - only an Octan worker.

On the one hand this set looks really good. But on the other hand it's only a re-design of the previous version without any improvement or stunning new additional stuff. I personally would instead of it much more have liked to see something new - e. g. a TV van or an ice-cream van!

Cement Mixer Truck :wub:

This set inclued a cement mixer truck looking very similar like the previous version, but imo much better since it inclued car doors and a "gutter" (don't know the fitting expression) on it's back to let the cement coming down. Color is yellow and white. Included is a push cart. Minifigs are two construction workers (very similar to the ones in this year's truck).

The cement mixer truck looks awesome!

In Germany all these sets - and even the Fire sets - are planned for release in January, which really surprises me since this would mean all 1h City sets already in January and then nearly half a year nothing.

About the fire sets I'll report today evening. So please be patient til then and don't send me any PMs.

Please don't ask me for taking pics - that won't be possible - sorry.

Klaus-Dieter

Bless you 'Klaus' for the information......each set......SOLD.....though where's the fourth great vehicle eh ? :laugh:

Though I was told fire theme for 2013.....man so much law enforcement in Lego City....police state ? :blush:

Push cart....folks would a red wheel barrow. :wink:

The museum and chase sets are a must-buy for every City collector....plus those vehicles and please may the second half have the long awaited new service station as the tanker comes with a bowser (fuel pump). :wink: (the 4207 is only useful in a pure city layout and rural/town layouts...eh, not really it's a bit big in some ways. :laugh:

At least this little bit of information gives us something to chew on. :wink:

Minifigs are two robbers, pilot, police officer with bulletproof vest (only printed on torso) and cap and two police officers with bulletproof vest (only printed on torso) and black helmet with dark visor.

Is the bulletproof vest the same as commissioner Gordon one?

Commissioner Gordon

and please may the second half have the long awaited new service station as the tanker comes with a bowser (fuel pump). :wink: (the 4207 is only useful in a pure city layout and rural/town layouts...eh, not really it's a bit big in some ways. :laugh:

At least this little bit of information gives us something to chew on. :wink:

You're welcome, lightningtiger!

I wouldn't count on a new service station. You're right that the garage does only fit in a big city. Nevertheless TLG would compete with itself if they released a new service station already next year. Plus I think that there are much more urgent sets and themes we'd like to get. The only chance I could see would be some sort of highway gas station with motel etc. But let's see. In February we at the latest will know - but I hope earlier.

Is the bulletproof vest the same as commissioner Gordon one?

Commissioner Gordon

No. It does look similar to the one shown in one of the pictures of the Lego City Undercover game - but (if I remember right) it's not exactly the same.

Only as information: The jeep shown earlier on this site is not included in any of the regular police sets.

Til later.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Thanks for the info, Klaus-Dieter!

So (at least) 3 new police sets - without a new police station - in addition to a major fire release... seems the forest spin-offs this year were kinda thrown in between the typical release cycles, and apparently the kids like all that, so they needed a few police sets in 2013, too... Well, fine by me if the museum set is really that nice. :classic:

Nevertheless TLG would concurate with itself

konkurrieren = compete. :)

Nevertheless TLG would concurate with itself if they released a new service station already next year. Plus I think that there are much more urgent sets and themes we'd like to get. The only chance I could see would be some sort of highway gas station with motel etc. But let's see. In February we at the latest will know - but I hope earlier.

Well we have the city based and forest based police stations right ? :wink:

Back to what's coming.....I wonder if the concrete shoot allows 1x1 round plates to slide out into the wheel barrow like a real cement truck ? :wink:

Thank you for the info.I have one question, can you post info about technic sets?Or are there ferrari set.Thank you.

konkurrieren = compete. :)

Thanks, cimddwc! :classic:

Back to what's coming.....I wonder if the concrete shoot allows 1x1 round plates to slide out into the wheel barrow like a real cement truck ? :wink:

That could be the case since I mean to remember that some small round 1x1 pieces were falling out of the concrete shoot on the picture.

Thank you for the info.I have one question, can you post info about technic sets?Or are there ferrari set.Thank you.

Sorry, I did only look at the City pics (very long) and Friends a bit and did run over the pages of the other themes. But if I remember right there could have been a mainly red but even a bit white Ferrari for Technic, very huge.

Klaus-Dieter

Thank you again :classic: .That f1 racer, we actually know.And any technic model with power functions for 1half you see?

Thank you again :classic: .That f1 racer, we actually know.And any technic model with power functions for 1half you see?

Sorry, I did not look at the Technic sets. I think there were some new sets, but didn't look at them. Tomorrow I will go to the same toy shop because I need some minifigures. Perhaps I'll have the chance to have again a look at the catalogue - if so, I'll tell you. But please keep further discussion in the Technic forum.

Klaus-Dieter

Now to the 2013 fire sets:

Big Fire Station :wub:

This set includes a fire station with two tall garages on the left side (a mini heliport is on them, but it does only fit the small helicopter included, regrettably not the one from the seperate set) and a main building on the right side. The main building has three floors and consists mainly of windows. But since these are the 4x1x6 windows, this doesn't look as bad as the ones in the previous fire station. First floor has entrance with commando center (desk with computer and city map I remember), second floor is a bit empty - it includes only tools - and in the third floor there is a really cool looking kitchenette with cooker with pan and a table with (supposably) two chairs. The only thing which disturbs is that there is a small "elevator" outside at the building (like in the fire station from 2005 (?)). Vehilces are a "ladder truck", a small helicopter with water cannon (in the size of the 90s Lego City helis) and a small car (very similar to the one in the last fire station), the "ladder car" has - if I remember correctly - car doors, the other for sure regrettably not. Minifigs are two firemen, fire captain, female fireman and a dog ("new" mold) in white with black circles.

Apart from the strange elevator, the nearly empty second floor, the imo much too small heli and the missing car doors in the small fire truck, this set does really look amazing!

Burning Hut :thumbdown:

This set includes a burning hut without interior (one floor big, door in the middle, left and right a window with a lath in front of it, black burning roof, street lantern), a "ladder truck" with car doors and two or three firemen.

The idea of a burning house is imo ingenious. But the outcome is more than disappointing. This set would have had that many potential: minimum two floors big building with interior, burning roof, window beneath is opened and a woman is crying for help, firemen get ready their rescue net.

Fire Helicopter :thumbup:

This set includes a fire helicopter. I appreciate that its size is about the one in the Heli and Limousine set from 2010. But it is red and has the real heli window piece (even used in this year's big forest police heli). It is open and there's a winch in front of the open part in the middle. As addition there's an adumbration of a fuel pumping station - a white tank and a column with a fire burning on its top. Minifigures are a pilot and a fireman.

Imo this is a small but really nice set. The helicopter looks great and the addition is very minimalistic, but looks good nevertheless.

Fire Boat :classic:

This set includes a flat medium sized fire boat with water canon in front (its size is suppoably as big as the big racing boat last year) and a blue racing boat (using the blue boat piece in the marina set) of which the motor is burning. Minifigs are two firemen and two racing people with the new life jacket.

This is nothing special, but makes nevertheless a good set.

"Ladder Truck" :thumbup:

The set name says it. Minifigs are two firemen.

Since we already get two "ladder trucks" in the other sets, I really ask me for which reason we need a third one. Nevertheless I must admit that this "ladder truck" is the best looking of all three - similar to the one in the last fire station, but bigger and nicer. Imo a great set since there are even roller gates with a box with accessory.

Fire Captain's Car :classic:

This set includes the fire captain's car, a mini tree (only a brwon 1x1 column with a bush piece on top), a cat, the fire chief, a woman (blue torso from this year's camper) and a fish.

Nothing special.

Fire Motorcycle :wub:

This set includes a red fire motorcycle, a green brick-built burning dustbin and a fireman.

I have been waiting for a fire motorcycle since years and have to say that with the additional dustbin that makes a small awesome set!

There are two new torsos: The fire captain in the fire station has a white shirt with cravat (btw: he wears a golden helmet) and there is a new torso for some firemen (the majority have the old regular (non-forest) firefighter torso) which looks like if they were an orange warning vest.

All in all I have to say that this new Fire theme is really cool since there are even things the firefighters have to douse or rescue! :thumbup:

The only big thing which disturbs me is that we get three "ladder trucks" (which is completely overdone), but no single equipment car! :thumbdown: Plus it would be nice to see even a car accident where firemen help with hydraulic cutter - or a fire crane with a tree which has to be removed from the street.

I hope that all this information was helpful! Have a nice time and let's hope that prelim pics and official pics will arrive soon nevertheless! :classic:

Btw: In the American S@H catalogue there seems to be written down that you can win 14 new 2013 Lego City sets when you are the winner of a contest. So this means that we'll get 14 City sets in 1h. But the sets which I saw in the retailer's catalogue were only 13. This means that there's going to be one exclusive City set in the first half of 2013. Does someone have any info about this set or can think of what it might be? Any guesses?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter