Rick

2013 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Anyone ever looked at the close-up pics of set 60022 Cargo Terminal? If you look closely at the pallet of containers, there are two small lego sets with stickers showing a yellow truck with a white trailer... what set is this? Is that the cement mixer and it just looks like something else?

I just noticed this, and I don't know if it's been mentioned already by somebody else, but what really irks me a bit is the fact that the middle section of the 60022 Cargo Plane is totally inaccessible. It's basically a 6x14 studs area of dead space. I realize it's probably due to sturdiness issues as the back section of the plane swings sideways, but it still bothers me. :hmpf_bad: Anyone else find this a bit annoying?

Don't know if this was already divulged or not, but judging from everything i'd seen, it seemed all but a foregone conclusion that 60015 Coast Guard Plane would/will be a store exclusive, at least in the U.S.

Well, i just saw the set at my local Target ($44.99). I'm fairly certain that the set will be a Target Exclusive. It looks great (love that fishing boat), but I must admit that's a pretty insane price for 279 pieces.

Edited by Mr. Elijah Timms

Don't know if this was already divulged or not, but judging from everything i'd seen, it seemed all but a foregone conclusion that 60015 Coast Guard Plane would/will be a store exclusive, at least in the U.S.

Indeed, it is. The plane is meh for me, but the fishing boat is outstanding. Picked my copy up at the LEGO Store near me.

I just noticed this, and I don't know if it's been mentioned already by somebody else, but what really irks me a bit is the fact that the middle section of the 60022 Cargo Plane is totally inaccessible. It's basically a 6x14 studs area of dead space. I realize it's probably due to sturdiness issues as the back section of the plane swings sideways, but it still bothers me. :hmpf_bad: Anyone else find this a bit annoying?

That area of the plane isn't accessible since the planes wings are actually one piece and connect in the center. So there would be no room to hold cargo in the center of the plane. Sucks I know, but to hold the weight of the engines on the wings and be able to "swoosh" around when kids play with it, this seemed to be the logical choice when creating the wing mold.

Well, i just saw the set at my local Target ($44.99). I'm fairly certain that the set will be a Target Exclusive. It looks great (love that fishing boat), but I must admit that's a pretty insane price for 279 pieces.

The set isn't a target exclusive as I've seen plenty at TRU and even small mom and pop stores for at least a month or two now. What I haven't seen are the cargo sets. Cargo plane, delivery truck with forklift and Opsprey helicopter all have been no shows at every toy store I've searched at.

The set isn't a target exclusive as I've seen plenty at TRU and even small mom and pop stores for at least a month or two now. What I haven't seen are the cargo sets. Cargo plane, delivery truck with forklift and Opsprey helicopter all have been no shows at every toy store I've searched at.

Ah, but that depends in which country you live in.......the coast guard plane was an exclusive to Target AUSTRALIA - it appears they have sold out after the big mid-year toy sale. :wink:

Now I can guess that in two months time we'll starting talking about 2014 right ? :wink:

It looks like the Cargo stuff is starting to show up at my local Target. The TRU and Lego stores near me also all have them.

Police Station and Fire Station confirmed.

Wait, what? For 2014? Huh? Source? :classic:

Ah, but that depends in which country you live in.......the coast guard plane was an exclusive to Target AUSTRALIA - it appears they have sold out after the big mid-year toy sale. :wink:

Now I can guess that in two months time we'll starting talking about 2014 right ? :wink:

That might be, but we were both in fact talking about the U.S. as both our locations under our forum name states U.S.A.

As for 2014, yes. IN a few months dealer will start to get there water marked catalogs and for some odd reason in a technology age no one can seem to get clear pictures. :p

As for 2014, yes. IN a few months dealer will start to get there water marked catalogs and for some odd reason in a technology age no one can seem to get clear pictures. :p

They're out now actually. Not sure when we'll see 'em.

Not sure what 'Blast' meant. Doubt we'd get another Fire Station, but likely we'd get a Police Station. We got that Forest subtheme, how about a "on the sea" subtheme with a Coastal Police Station? :drool:

Wait, what? For 2014? Huh? Source? :classic:

Just kidding but based on the amount they seem to love releasing I wouldn't be too suprised if they released them.

Just kidding but based on the amount they seem to love releasing I wouldn't be too suprised if they released them.

Meh, that's one way to upset a moderator.

On topic, I have discovered that the city starter set appears to be an exclusive......at least in Oz......at Toyworld only so far.

Yeah, I still wanted to take pictures. I got over it somehow. I got mine in a BR.

Ah, so they must have an exclusive......hmm, I wonder where else in the world has it as an exclusive eh ? :wink:

Yep, saw it in a BR in Denmark too this summer. It was discounted too, would cost about 33 euro (converted from kroner). Was very tempted, but in the end decided that 1 was enough.

Silly me. Regret that choice now, the bus alone would have been worth it...

Wish they would release it world wide I'd get a couple of sets for sure.

Edited by Aussie BJ

Interesting to see with that BR chain are offering the 60031 at half price for members only.......we can all wish for 60031 to be released else where.

Edited by lightningtiger

Regular price over here (NL) was 65 euro's (thats about 550 swedish kr). If I remember correctly scandinavian prices are always a bit higher than over here, so I think maybe your memory is being a bit optimistic... ;) (or mine pessimistic, but I hesitatie to believe that the set was considerably cheaper in Sweden than over here)

I am still on the fence as to whether to get the advent calender or not. I really want it for the santa minifigure since I missed out on the last one , but not sure if the other parts to the set is wort it.

Go and get it. It's the best AC we had. So many foodpieces, Dalmatian, and you get so much extras (2 sausages, santa's beard, 3 cups...)!

All the builds are very cute aspecialy toys.

I really recomend it.