Rick

2013 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I am new to Lego and perhaps no one here is more disappointed than me. At least most of you guys might already have some town sets or started in 2005 to 2011 where most of the set were awesome. Prices are getting higher with less part. I just started collecting, I bought the fire ATV, ambulance, and got the police and forest police station for a total of $114 with tax US dollars, but even still I can't get all those cool city sets cause they are re-seller price. I think it stupid that Lego would discontinue their set, at least keep them on order if people need to buy them. This way there would be no need for re-seller charging stupid prices.

Anyway they need the following buildings even if they already included in before

Postal Office

General Hospital

Mall

Plaza

Restaurants and Shops

Airport

Bank

House (creator don't count)

gas station

Cinema

Park

Train set that don't suck (talking about recent ones)

More variety of roads

Mansion (not creator please)

This is for starter.

I like the look of most of these. I think the only one I am not keen on is that little fire truck with the garden shed on fire. To me it just looks like a smaller scale to the proper fire truck. I'll probably end up having to get it though as the wife likes fire sets for some bizarre reason(?)

One thing I would say is why is it that in all the sets with the police and criminals, you always get more police than you do crooks? I would have thought it should be the other way around at least some of the time, I mean the police are supposed to be heroic heroes are they not, it is not very heroic to take down one criminal when there are three cops about him. Maybe if one cop took down to or three criminals that would be a better play set and make the police seem a little more like a hero. What do people think?

Reality is there is usually more cops to robbers......not every cop can be Chuck Norris and take down a dozen baddies ! :laugh:

And of course they have no weapons, so it the weight of numbers that works in the cops favour. :wink:

Anyway they need the following buildings even if they already included in before

This is for starter.

This thread isn't for what could have been, it's for what the sets actually are. Please keep wishlists to this topic.

This thread isn't for what could have been, it's for what the sets actually are. Please keep wishlists to this topic.

Wishlists are just that though, it wouldn't have any impact on what Lego make if I'm not mistaken? I dislike the Lego official forum cause it full of kids posting and any mature conversation is absent.

Wishlists are just that though, it wouldn't have any impact on what Lego make if I'm not mistaken? I dislike the Lego official forum cause it full of kids posting and any mature conversation is absent.

Your post is a wishlist. Please keep it to the topic I linked to.

Your post is a wishlist. Please keep it to the topic I linked to.

Will do but I must have gone off topic as my post wasn't meant to be a wishlist. It was meant to state my opinion on these new set but i must have gotten carried away.

so all these sets will be in the Wii U game Lego: Undercover?

I think at the moment just the chase set with Chase McCain in it......I think the helicopter/hide out one might be part of it too......but I was told the game will not be out to sometime next year. :sadnew:

Does anyone know if that's a storage compartment or a prisoner compartment on the back of the humvee in the high speed chase set?

I would guess at that being the area to store the road spike strip.

Don't know if this is news or not, but I saw High Speed Chase at Toys R Us tonight.

{pic}

So, they're starting show up.

Yea, that's new. How much was it? If you live in the US, which state was this in?

I'm in Northridge, California (the San Fernando Valley).

I didn't even think to price check since my wife has me on a Lego Embargo until after Christmas, lol.

Just built High Speed Chase. It is $29.99 in the U.S. Great set. Very interesting thing about it: the license plate for the SUV - which activates in game content for LEGO City Undercover - is a printed code that unique for every set sold! I honestly didn't think LEGO would go that route.

Edited by MAH4546

Just built High Speed Chase. It is $29.99 in the U.S. Great set. Very interesting thing about it: the license plate for the SUV - which activates in game content for LEGO City Undercover - is a printed code that unique for every set sold! I honestly didn't think LEGO would go that route.

Lightningtiger and I have thought that the back of the humvee is a storage compartment for the accessories, are we correct?