Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Forest II: Day Four

That's a good point; I can only guess therefore that a Hider wasn't Portia's role, but it's difficult in that case to explain why she died.

What good is a hider if she's not in contact with anyone? If she dies when she finds scum... perhaps I just don't get the role.

I think we should all start throwing out suspects. We need to get conversation going. I have examined the voting patterns yesterday and am intrigued to find that Gibson Goat was the only person to vote for Maurice Mouse. I doubt the cultists would kill someone who had voted, solely, for one of this members. Would that draw too much attention? Or perhaps they would do it as a double bluff? Thoughts? Why else might Gibson have been killed?

The other votes that weren't for Ralphy all were directed at Pennie Pig. Of those who voted for her, only one of them remains alive. The other two admittedly died due to... a lynch and setting themselves on fire, but perhaps Booker would like to share again why he voted, and if he still feels that's a path worth still following.

BAWK!

BAWK!!

The other two admittedly died due to... a lynch and setting themselves on fire, but perhaps Booker would like to share again why he voted, and if he still feels that's a path worth still following.

Who's calling me a pigeon! I'm a thorough-bred parrot!! Why aren't we discussing actually important issues? Why is hardly anyone saying anything?!

Interlude

027.jpg

It is late morning and Marcellus the Monk has gathered everyone in the Village Square.

"Look, he's humping that box again," someone says.

028.jpg

"I'm not humping the box," Marcellus protests. "I just can't get up."

029.jpg

"I didn't think he was the type to hump box," someone says.

"No wonder he can't get it up," another someone says.

"I can write you a prescription for that," Gilda Goat offers.

"No! I couldn't get up on the box," Marcellus explains.

"Denial is the first sign of wiener failure," somebody says.

030.jpg

"My friends," Marcellus begins. "Our dear dear friends have been taken from us. They will be greatly missed. In this time of sorrow and heartbreak, we must forge on and ensure that none of our other loved ones die. We can fight the evil among us! We can defeat them! We will not let them chop us up with axes! We will not let them murder us with xylophones! We will not let them set us on ... sniff sniff ... does someone smell something burning?"

031.jpg

Marcellus's robes are on fire, his worst fear.

"My robes are on fire!" Marcellus shouts, "My worst fear!"

032.jpg

Marcellus thinks quickly and jumps into the river...well, kind of sits on the surface...or near it. :look:

"They tried to kill Marcellus!" someone cries.

"They set him on fire right in front of our eyes!" someone else shrieks.

"I still haven't got my peanut butter sandwich!" another someone sobs.

"No no no," Marcellus shakes his head. "I set my own dumb megablocks self on fire by backing into that sage-brush torch."

Everyone is relieved.

"I sure could use a banana," Marcellus says.

"See? That's how he gets it up..."

You may now vote. (It's a little early, I know. I'd like to go to sleep. :blush: )You have ~49.5 hours to reach a conviction. Whoever has the most votes will win. That's right, win. You win a lynch. Don't forget to play on things that effect your animal (natural predators, diet, etc.) in every post I would hate for someone to be lynched just because they don't follow this rule despite being fairly warned.

vote tally

Gordon Gorilla (Scubacarrot): 1 vote (penalty*)

*from the night thread.

Throw out suspicions? What a novel idea, Ponchy! Kind of like what we were doing yesterday? Remember, before you voted for Ralphy, saying 'when it comes down to it, we have no other leads' (also Bridget did this, and when I pointed it out, chastised me for not knowing what she meant to say)? Oh look, that's something I found odd. Also, when on the first day, after voting for Bristol, you said you'd change your vote once she spoke up, but once she did, you chose to keep your vote there rather than vote for Wallace. Or like earlier, with your willingness to have me emote more over the five deaths, which looked very helpful. Also, when you summarised the pictures of the nights looked very helpful indeed!

There are others who do do helpful-looking things. One example is Horace, with his helpful-looking and non-committal speech about Petey's suspicion list, or when he was very helpful-looking, when he surmised the reasons for lynching Carly (as Maurice pointed out yesterday). Or Dr. Gilda, who at the start of this ordeal suggested that the cultists we're up against are more akin to the third party type of cult, offering up essentially useless information, that is unlikely and unprecedented. And Edgar, too, who was very helpful-looking when he summarised the events of the first day.

And, when it comes down to it, I'm still suspicious of Booker. And Lalzo (whose most insightful comment so far was to scrutinise Maurice for scrutinising Horace). And Pennie, who appears to have been stricken with muteness following day one.

Does this mean everyone don't mentioned is believed to be innocent by me? No. Do I believe all mentioned are cultists? Again, no, or we'd of been overrun by now. Do I think their lust for my flesh has driven them insane?... yes! :cry_sad:

Ponchy, throughout all of the days here, you've been encouraging people to share suspicions. Why don't you join in? Whom do you suspect?

You have some interesting observations there, Mindy - it almost makes me want to BOING you but I don't have the necessary equipment. :wink:

Yesterday I said I was going to shift my focus on Pennie if Ralphy would turn out to be innocent, but now I'm not so sure anymore... The scum are hiding in plain sight, I fear, and it looks like they've got a smart bunch for a change. Carly might have been one of them, but she was kept silent for the remainder of Day Two, which also points that the scum are clever.

So, who amongst us are clever, or good at hiding in plain sight. Based on my experience in the Winter Haven Theater Club, where we've rehearsed numerous Harriet Slutter plays, I'd say Booker Bear, Edgar Elephant, Horace Horse and Shawna Sheep fit the description better. Of course, this is pure meta-gaming personality analysing, so I can't be sure about any of them.

Now I fear that I'm not welcome to the Theater Club anymore after this. :cry_sad:

... Just for the record to no one in particular, bunnies BOING. A lot.

A rather quiet day so far hey? I guess nobody wants to reveal anything from the night and therefore nobody has anything to go on. Im gonna break down the voting patterns in a hope of finding something:

The dead are named in red or green depending on their alliance, the added votees each time in black. Oh and orange for Carly:

Bristol Bunny (Bob): 1 vote (CorneliusMurdock)

Petey Panda (darkdragon): 1 vote (Eskallon)

Casey Cat (Scouty): 1 vote (Scubacarrot)

Bristol Bunny (Bob): 2 votes (CorneliusMurdock, Zepher)

Casey Cat (Scouty): 2 votes (Scubacarrot, Tamamono)

Pennie Pig (Eskallon): 1 vote (Dannylonglegs)

Casey Cat (Scouty): 3 votes (Scubacarrot, Tamamono, Professor Flitwick)

Pennie Pig (Eskallon): 2 votes (Dannylonglegs, JimButcher)

Casey Cat (Scouty): 3 votes (Scubacarrot,Tamamono, Professor Flitwick)

Pennie Pig (Eskallon): 3 votes (Dannylonglegs, JimButcher, Sandy)

Bristol Bunny (Bob): 1 votes (Zepher)

Casey Cat (Scouty): 3 votes (Scubacarrot, Tamamono, Professor Flitwick)

Pennie Pig (Eskallon): 4 votes (Dannylonglegs, JimButcher, Sandy, Cecilie)

Wallace Walrus (Masked Builder):: 1 vote (CorneliusMurdock)

Casey Cat (Scouty): 4 votes (Scubacarrot, Tamamono, Professor Flitwick, badboytje88)

Petey Panda (darkdragon): 3 votes (Eskallon, Rufus, Rick)

Casey Cat (Scouty): 4 votes (Scubacarrot, Tamamono, Professor Flitwick, badboytje88)

Bristol Bunny (Bob): 1 vote (Zepher)

Petey Panda (darkdragon): 7 votes (Eskallon, Rufus, Rick, Pandora, Professor Flitwick, Scubacarrot, Bob)

Casey Cat (Scouty): 5 votes (Tamamono, badboytje88, Quarryman, JimButcher, WaterbrickDown)

Pennie Pig (Eskallon): 3 votes (Dannylonglegs, Sandy, Cecilie)

Petey Panda (darkdragon): 9 votes (Eskallon, Rufus, Rick, Pandora, Professor Flitwick, Scubacarrot, Bob, Masked Builder, WhiteFang)

Casey Cat (Scouty): 5 votes (Tamamono, badboytje88, Quarryman, JimButcher, WaterbrickDown)

Becka Bulldog (Rick): 1 vote (darkdragon)

Petey Panda (darkdragon): 8 votes (Eskallon, Rufus, Rick, Pandora, Professor Flitwick, Scubacarrot, Bob, Masked Builder)

Petey Panda (darkdragon): 9 votes (Eskallon, Rufus, Rick, Pandora, Professor Flitwick, Scubacarrot, Bob, Masked Builder, iamded)

Non-voters: 7 (Dragonator, Scouty, WhiteFang, CallMePie, TinyPiesRUs, CorneliusMurdock, Shadows)

Looking at the evidence, it is clear to me that Portia Poodle(Cornelius) was a villager, its a shame I didn't look at the votes on day 2, that could have potentially cleared him. The one other person who stands out is of course our only captured scum, whom it was obvious he jumped on the bandwagon, however since the walrus's votes(Masked Builder) don't help us.Lets see who opposed the vote against the Walrus on day 1 before he died that night:

Tamamono/Carley-Pretty much tells Portia/Cornelius to unvote Walrus as its stupid to vote for the Walrus. Dead and likely scum.

Rick/Becka-A light opposition.

And thats it.... Great time spent on my part. So now instead of wasting time with another shit load of votes, Im just gonna paste in the end results from each day and talk about them.

Carly Cow (Tamamono): 19 votes (Rufus, Professor Flitwick, JimButcher, CorneliusMurdock, Shadows, CallMePie, Sandy, Dragonator, Scubacarrot, Rick, WhiteFang, badboytje88, Cecilie, Quarryman, Pandora, iamded, TinyPiesRUs, Dannylonglegs, Eskallon)

Casey Cat (Scouty): 1 vote (Tamamono)

Ralphy Rabbit (badboytje88): 5 votes (Scouty, Zepher, Waterbrick Down, 2 penalties)

Iamded/Horace has now voted twice late, like the Walrus that could be a clue, or like Tamamono before it could not be. Lazlo too and Seamus (who I remember talking very little over the last few days). Then me too a late voter. Day 2 was about as much as a bandwagon as you get, and as Brigit just mentioned, its hard to tell since Tamamono was so quiet or useless after the votes began to flood in.

Ralphy Rabbit (badboytje88): 16 votes (penalty, Zepher, Sandy, Quarryman, Rufus, TinyPiesRUs, Scouty, Shadows, CorneliusMurdock, Scubacarrot, Rick, WhiteFang, Professor Flitwick, iamded, CallMePie, dannylonglegs)

Maurice Mouse (Cecilie): 1 vote (Pandora)

Pennie Pig (Eskallon): 3 votes (JimButcher, Dragonator, badboytje88)

Gordon Gorilla (Scubacarrot): 1 vote (penalty)

Non-voters: 2 (Cecilie, Eskallon)

Another case of Horace and Seamus being late to the party. Then theres Heidi who has been a little quiet (as far as my memory is concerned). Booker put his vote on me, aswell as Jimbutcher and Ralphy, two of them dead.

So today, I would say our best bet is to look into Booker, Lazlo, Horace and Seamus. I'll do so when I get back, I have to go get some food from the supermarket, all those nasty wolves have been stealing my food from my shed and left me none, plus all the mud is beginning to dry from all the burning heat. Oh what a bad life, not like this when I was mayor.

So today, I would say our best bet is to look into Booker, Lazlo, Horace and Seamus. I'll do so when I get back, I have to go get some food from the supermarket, all those nasty wolves have been stealing my food from my shed and left me none, plus all the mud is beginning to dry from all the burning heat. Oh what a bad life, not like this when I was mayor.

How the hell did you reach that conclusion from your "vote analysis"? :laugh: I think you just mentioned my name because I wanted to lynch you yesterday, is that not so? :sweet:

For those of you not in the loop, here's what was said against Pennie:

We have this rather long analysis by Shawna, followed by my own thoughts and then those of Ernie.

If you want to talk about inactivity, at least focus on someone who has been both inactive recently and unhelpful, like Pennie. She chatted away on day one, throwing accusations around despite her admonition that you can't know anything on the first day of a lynch situation, then hasn't had a great deal to say since that turned out to be a disaster, other than insisting that she get credit for accusing Petey first. Day two she just jumped on the band wagon and offered nothing else at all. I believe someone pointed out earlier that Gordon was very adamant in defending Pennie on day one too. Since then he has been noticeably less vocal when thinking about lynches, mostly just ooohing and such.

The whole thing with Ralphy is a bit like day 1, I think it could turn out either way, still not convinced on that front.

I do find this interesting, Pennie was so convinced on day one to lynch Petey, but now is attempting to downplay that and also attempting to be vague about the reasoning against Ralphy. Pretty much what I get from this is "oh he could be scum, he could not be, it's hard to tell". Very ambiguous.

:cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad:

Certainly. I said a few times earlier why I thought she was suspicious or that I agreed with someone else's statements. But here it is again.

- Day 1: Pennie had tunnel vision on Petey. Was "absolutely 100% sure" that he was scum, yet how would he know this? And what he based his suspicions off of was flimsy at best. Because Petey took a joke too seriously and was backed into a corner. Wants to take credit for starting the vote on Petey, for whatever reason. Maybe it doesn't indicate a Cultist attitude yet, but why? There's no logical reason for it. Overall, attacks Petey vehemently.

- Day 1: Pennie and Gordon are all buddy-buddy. They seem to know each other's alliances and are agreeing with and defending each other.

- Day 2: Pennie goes quiet, hardly says a word, and maybe the same could be said for Gordon.

- Day 3: Like you just said yourself, he is trying to fly under the radar by semi-explaining himself, yet being totally ambiguous. Also, he talked to Gibson Goat "in the corner". What is he hiding from the rest of us? I'm sure he'll say it's dangerous to say out in public, but what makes Gibson more trustworthy than any of us?

I find it very interesting - and a little worrying :look: - that two of the people wanting to split the vote and go for Pennie are now dead. I certainly find her to still be pretty suspicious, especially with this rather long and useless reposting of the votes. I hope you find that helpful Pancho since you asked, what is your opinion on it all?

And, when it comes down to it, I'm still suspicious of Booker.

Fantastic reasoning Mindy, I didn't quite catch why though? Probably my ears are still filled with garbage. :blush:

Ponchy, throughout all of the days here, you've been encouraging people to share suspicions. Why don't you join in? Whom do you suspect?

I was about to say the same thing myself, I worry when people are on the sidelines pushing others to share their thoughts, but aren't doing much of that themselves.

The scum are hiding in plain sight, I fear, and it looks like they've got a smart bunch for a change.

Aren't they always hiding in plain sight, really? I'm not sure that how we're doing as a town is really any reflection on the intelligence of the scum, they just have the advantage of knowing who they can trust and we don't. Throw in a few members of the town acting suspiciously, which distracts us from finding the real scum, and all they have to do is avoid the same mistake. Despite that easy task, we've probably killed 2 of them. I think we're doing pretty well, all things considered.

So, who amongst us are clever, or good at hiding in plain sight. Based on my experience in the Winter Haven Theater Club, where we've rehearsed numerous Harriet Slutter plays, I'd say Booker Bear, Edgar Elephant, Horace Horse and Shawna Sheep fit the description better. Of course, this is pure meta-gaming personality analysing, so I can't be sure about any of them.

Now I fear that I'm not welcome to the Theater Club anymore after this. :cry_sad:

Oh, don't be silly, you're as much of a member as we are, just as clever and sneaky as anyone in this village, and there are quite a few more members of the club around if you look for them. :laugh:

I still stand by that, it's weird to me for any two people to appear to be so tied together before the first night has provided a chance for either one to investigate the other in any way. The problem is figuring out if one or both are scum or just stupid.

Aaaah, a wolf! Oh, nevermind, I thought I smelled something funny and got scared. Sorry. :blush:

Really, if we have any night actions, could you at least figure out a way to let people know you are working together or something, because this is fairly terrible. :sceptic:

I kinda want to follow up on something. While Ralphy's behaviour should still be classified as unhelpful, we know there are people that knew he was town, figured he'd be an easy lynch, and therefore pushed on him: the scum. While there are more people that thought he was the best lynch candidate, myself included. I think we might get some insight from looking at the people that pushed on him the most.

I think Carly was scum, and the idea to janitor her and subsequently get Ralphy lynched was thought up probably on day two, Carly's silence could be explained that way. Who am I mainly talking about? Becka Bulldog, who talked about lynching Ralphy on her first post of the day. Here: Link(I can't quote, whatever that means.)

But more so, Casey the Cat, who was under scrutiny on day 1, but avoided being lynched, possibly by being pushed with help of her scum mates, so that Petey got lynched? it was Casey who made the main case against Ralphy on day two. Combined with her odd behaviour on day one, which can also be seen in a different light now, I think Casey could very well be scum.

Vote: Casey Cat (Scouty)

Uh... care to explain how you arrived by that conclusion? :wacko:

Fantastic reasoning Mindy, I didn't quite catch why though? Probably my ears are still filled with garbage. :blush:

Still the same reasons as yesterday, Booker. You seemed a bit confused with it all, and I did get back to you on that, but you either avoided it, or missed it because you were fixating on eating me! :cry_sad:

But more so, Casey the Cat, who was under scrutiny on day 1, but avoided being lynched, possibly by being pushed with help of her scum mates, so that Petey got lynched?

Are you meaning to confess here? You and Pennie were the two who pushed Petey so hard, both starting the accusation and the vote. Pennie pointed this out herself, proudly. I outlined my take on this situation, as did Ernie before his confusing death.

Certainly. I said a few times earlier why I thought she was suspicious or that I agreed with someone else's statements. But here it is again.

- Day 1: Pennie had tunnel vision on Petey. Was "absolutely 100% sure" that he was scum, yet how would he know this? And what he based his suspicions off of was flimsy at best. Because Petey took a joke too seriously and was backed into a corner. Wants to take credit for starting the vote on Petey, for whatever reason. Maybe it doesn't indicate a Cultist attitude yet, but why? There's no logical reason for it. Overall, attacks Petey vehemently.

- Day 1: Pennie and Gordon are all buddy-buddy. They seem to know each other's alliances and are agreeing with and defending each other.

- Day 2: Pennie goes quiet, hardly says a word, and maybe the same could be said for Gordon.

- Day 3: Like you just said yourself, he is trying to fly under the radar by semi-explaining himself, yet being totally ambiguous. Also, he talked to Gibson Goat "in the corner". What is he hiding from the rest of us? I'm sure he'll say it's dangerous to say out in public, but what makes Gibson more trustworthy than any of us?

Don't get me wrong, I didn't feel clear enough on the situation to vote for either of you yesterday, but Ernie did and given that we were wrong about Ralphy, I'm regretting not listening to him. Now Pennie, after contributing nothing helpful to us in the wake of Petey's death, is back making a long and confusing analysis of votes that I honestly don't follow, and you're pulling out an accusation that isn't even in her list of suspects. What happened to you two being so close, now you can't even agree on a single suspect, or do you just not want a repeat of day 1 where you're so obviously joined at the hip?

Mmmm, I'm getting my appetite for grass back, maybe all this thinking is helping my stomach.

Are you meaning to confess here? You and Pennie were the two who pushed Petey so hard, both starting the accusation and the vote. Pennie pointed this out herself, proudly. I outlined my take on this situation, as did Ernie before his confusing death.

Your facts seem to be off, I voted for Casey... I only switched my vote to Petey very late in the day.

Now where did I leave those bananas...

Your facts seem to be off, I voted for Casey... I only switched my vote to Petey very late in the day.

And lobbied to get people not to vote for Pennie, who you couldn't have had any legitimate reason to trust at that point. In the end, that was the same thing as rallying a vote against Petey.

Plus I'm even more confused now. Are you saying you didn't believe in your vote for Petey, you just did it to join the bandwagon late in the day? If not, what swayed you from Casey then, that makes you suspect her now? I'm curious for more than one reason, both to see why you changed back and forth in your view and if there's something legitimate there that we need to explore. Casey has been a bit of a curiosity for me, not exactly standing out as suspicious, but certainly a bit odd and not overly helpful. To be fair, a lot of people haven't been helpful, but we have to start looking closely at some point, and this seems a good opportunity for that.

Mmmm, this grass is delicious. :sweet:

00_npc_marcellus.jpg

Hmmm, I'm so flustered by all of this I could just fling my poo!

vote tally

Gordon Gorilla (Scubacarrot): 2 votes (penalty, penalty)

Casey Cat (Scouty): 1 vote (Scubacarrot)

Hmmm, I'm so flustered by all of this I could just fling my poo!

BAWK!

Alright, I'm going to go ahead and Vote: Pennie Pig (Eskallon). The facts against her are simply this: she lobbied with someone on the first day extremely heavily, and then faded from there on in. That sounds very cultist for me. If you're loud at the beginning, no one can claim you've not contributed, but if you're quiet from there on in, you'll fly under the radar. Besides, voting off Pennie BAWK! will put the whole matter of Gordon to rest, or at least the "he was in cahoots with her" thing will be more clear. If she's cult, we've got a clue for tomorrow, and if she's not, we can focus on people other than Gordon. Again, I urge anyone with actual information to come forth, we could use it now, as this is not a particularly strong case, just the strongest at the moment.

The reason I've been silent with my suspects today is that we have already been gunning for them. Pennie and Gordon were high on my list, and I agree that the same case I made for Pennie above (loud so as to look like they were participating, then fading to avoid attention) could be made for Casey. I was suspicious of Becka while she was alive, but those suspicions have been proven ill-founded. BAWK! Cameron Crocidle seemed a little off to me for a short while, though for whatever reason I don't really suspect him as much anymore. And before anyone calls me on it, I just don't, no inside information, but he's faded from my scumdar for the time being. Finally, again just based on general feeling, Horace Horse seems to not say much useful while still popping in relatively frequently and voting with the crowd.

And lobbied to get people not to vote for Pennie, who you couldn't have had any legitimate reason to trust at that point. In the end, that was the same thing as rallying a vote against Petey.

Plus I'm even more confused now. Are you saying you didn't believe in your vote for Petey, you just did it to join the bandwagon late in the day? If not, what swayed you from Casey then, that makes you suspect her now? I'm curious for more than one reason, both to see why you changed back and forth in your view and if there's something legitimate there that we need to explore. Casey has been a bit of a curiosity for me, not exactly standing out as suspicious, but certainly a bit odd and not overly helpful. To be fair, a lot of people haven't been helpful, but we have to start looking closely at some point, and this seems a good opportunity for that.

Mmmm, this grass is delicious. :sweet:

We have covered this. I don't see a need to reply to this further. You can read back for answers against all this points. But, because I don't want to unneccesarily want to waste your time, I will allow you to waste mine and lay it out.

When I voted for Casey, I did that to make sure Pennie would not be lynched after I went to bed. It was still a close call then. And no, it was not really the same, I think.

Not wanting to vote for someone does not neccesarily mean you have the same ideas of suspects. If the effect would be as you say? Perhaps, but fact is I voted for Casey, made a case against Casey. Not many others shared my views though, and it was not a serious contender for being actually lynched.

What I do find interesting is that Carly also voted for Casey, shortly after me, I have yet to decide if that means anything. As I said yesterday, Carly could be town, and in order to get Ralphy lynched, they janitored her, and the fact that Ralphy actually was town, gives credit to that thought, but still, it's far fetched.

I don't really see where you want to go with this, since my idea was that it was possible people redirected attention from Casey, you imply I did that myself, but I was the first to vote for Casey. :wacko:

I hope I adressed everything.

I'm just grooming myself, and by the way, why did I get a second penalty, I was doing a thing Gorilla's do when the mouse swooped in and said something, it is the same time, you can see.

But more so, Casey the Cat, who was under scrutiny on day 1, but avoided being lynched, possibly by being pushed with help of her scum mates, so that Petey got lynched? it was Casey who made the main case against Ralphy on day two. Combined with her odd behaviour on day one, which can also be seen in a different light now, I think Casey could very well be scum.

Except that it's unlikely Casey is scum, if Carly was. This from the start of day two:

Now, let's not waste any time, dearies! It's time to focus on today's lynch! :sweet: In my opinion, we should definitely look at Pennie and Casey (Casey especially). Does anyone have any information regarding them?

Not to mention that Carly was the second person to vote for Casey on day one, after you yourself, Gordon.

But was Carly scum? Most of us, myself included, came to the conclusion that she was; her 'disappearance' after voting turned against her seemed quite strong evidence to support that, and her being janitored seemed at face value to have more benefit if she were indeed scum. One thing keeps nagging me, though:

Mmm, that is a good point, Ms. Lamb, but in all honesty, have you ever looked at how Bristol plays lives? Well she's as introverted as they come, bless her heart.

And as far as lurkers go, what about the seal? He hasn't said much, although he's always quiet... :look:

At this point in day one there were two votes on Bristol, one on Petey, three on Casey and two on Pennie. I had ignored the 'seal' comment at the time, not knowing to whom Carly was referring, but she did clarify later that she was talking about Wallace, and if you follow her conversation, she had begun to associate people with similar creatures (Walrus is similar to Seal, and later Manatee). The point is, if she were scum, why mention Wallace at all? Seems a risky move to focus on your scum-mate like that, however oblique the reference.

If we let go of the assumption that Carly was scum, and consider that she might have been town, we come to some interesting observations. The first is the day one vote tally, now colour-coded for what we know now:

Petey Panda (darkdragon): 9 votes (Eskallon, Rufus, Rick, Pandora, Professor Flitwick, Scubacarrot, Bob, Masked Builder, iamded)

Non-voters: 7 (Dragonator, Scouty, WhiteFang, CallMePie, TinyPiesRUs, CorneliusMurdock, Shadows)

If Carly was indeed a Villager, then of the people who voted for Casey, only Gilda is unconfirmed. What is also interesting is that, at about the time Carly made the 'seal' statement above, two people voted in quick succession for Pennie, pushing Pennie into the lead over Casey.

Now the second point. Who gained from Carly being janitored if she was town? Ralphy would have benefited if she were scum, but we now know Ralphy was town; moreover, hiding Carly's town alignment would make lynching Ralphy easier. Who else might have benefited?

To answer that question, we have to look at who Carly was suspicious of, and I've already quoted it: Pennie, and '(especially)' Casey. I doubt they are both scum. Actually, I doubt Pennie is scum at all; I doubt a scum would put themselves in the front line so much on day one, even going so far as to claim credit for what turned out to be a town lynch. Besides, if you recall the conversation going on as the lynch was in progress, even when Pennie was leading the lynch she stood her ground and continued working for what she thought was the right lynch candidate, misguided as it might have transpired to be in the end:

Because the way I see it, its the only thing I've seen today thats worthy of lynching (and maybe the confusion of Casey, but it appears Petey contacted a few people). Day 1 is filled with a lot of roleplaying and a lot of confusion since well nobody knows anything. If I see that in someone, I take a stand and vote for them. At the moment, I still feel we would get the most out of lynching Petey. If he is scum, we can look at who defended him from the start, and if he is town then we know that some of the vote's were by scum. Plus I genuinely think he is scum. :sceptic:

The reason why I was adamant at voting for Petey is because I actually want to take credit for it, I have a really big feeling, both gut and what we have seen today that he is scum, and we might be lucky. By being so adamant about it, I'm willing to take credit for it to if he is town and face the consequences.

Contrast this with Casey, who as had been noted had seemed to be trying to agree with everyone, and was called out on it:

An even stupider idea than defending somebody on Day 1 (I'm learning that from experience :grin: ). Lynching is a tool that must be used.

That's a fair cop and you're within reason to do that. I thought I had explained myself and addressed your points of suspicion against me, but I recognize that there probably isn't a solid explanation in my posts; though if you are confused, it'd help if you asked for clarification instead of assuming what I meant or just dismissing them. I think a good place to start is some things you've said in this post (I'd like to explain myself otherwise, but I don't want to assume too much...). Well, the only real point is my being "consistently with everyone in this whole discussion," which, when you are in a discussion, consistency is a good thing, no? I'd be more worried with folks who weren't consistent than those who are. I do apologize that I'm trying to not be confusing :wacko: .

A defensive response, when she has but one vote against her, and as I said at the time, I've heard 'it's a fair cop' before. Her later post, with but three votes on her, is decidedly defeatist.

Since she survived that vote, pretty much everything Casey has said has been fluff and filler. I think it's time we finished the job we started on day one.

To all of you wearing belts, shoes, or handbags: my skin is not a fashion accessory! :angry:

Although I love his thick, long, curved, throbbing, hot neck, I'm still going to have to vote: Horace Horse (iamded). I guess this is might come off as a shocking move to someone, but itchy twitchy nose is telling me that he's one of the people pulling the strings in the background. Besides, nobody who's that gorgeous can truly be good.

Although I love his thick, long, curved, throbbing, hot neck, I'm still going to have to vote: Horace Horse (iamded). I guess this is might come off as a shocking move to someone, but itchy twitchy nose is telling me that he's one of the people pulling the strings in the background. Besides, nobody who's that gorgeous can truly be good.

No reasoning, and pulling strings in the background, what does that even mean!?

I'm scratching my megablocks, what?

I'm scratching my megablocks, what?

What what? Bunnies have itchy twitchy noses, and sometimes they tingle.

Especially when there's horses around. :tongue:

Orchids, orchids for everyone!

Meow meow. I'm currently moving paintings and furniture around the house, so sorry I haven't been very talkative. Doing my best to keep up with everything said today, which I see there are some things being say of me, I'll be sure to reply to those comment when I can grab a breather.

One thing that confused me a bit so far, though, is what separates me from Gordon and Pennie so far (minus me being on the attacking end of them on day one)?

Concerning Ralphy, I believed that he was not town, opening whatever other possibilities there could be for a person in our village to be. The fact of the stump being in bed with Ralphy, it didn't sit right with me yesterday, and without the knowledge of what Portia was doing, I assumed the worst. Of course I now realize I was wrong about Ralphy, but we've been wrong about a lot of other things, too :sceptic:

Now I gotta lick my fur and clean it up from all this moving. COUGH COUGH. Sorry, hairball :blush:

How the hell did you reach that conclusion from your "vote analysis"? :laugh: I think you just mentioned my name because I wanted to lynch you yesterday, is that not so? :sweet:

No actually, and I wouldn't have thought such a long time member of our company would have the stupidity to think I would vote for someone for the reason they voted for me. Oh no, I have had an inkling that you might not be a villager, thats not an accusation or me trying to have you voted. :hmpf: It's me considering my options, what would you have me do? Roll in mud as the idiots around us nibble at me and vote without reason when we might be able to snag a cultist. If I was a cultist, trust me when I say I would requested to have had you dead by now. :sceptic:

Don't get me wrong, I didn't feel clear enough on the situation to vote for either of you yesterday, but Ernie did and given that we were wrong about Ralphy, I'm regretting not listening to him. Now Pennie, after contributing nothing helpful to us in the wake of Petey's death, is back making a long and confusing analysis of votes that I honestly don't follow, and you're pulling out an accusation that isn't even in her list of suspects. What happened to you two being so close, now you can't even agree on a single suspect, or do you just not want a repeat of day 1 where you're so obviously joined at the hip?

When Gordon decided to defend me on day 1, we had no contact and I never asked or made him defend myself. I've mentioned that a few times already. :wink:

*huh* Hmm, cutting out the crap in that sentence lets see what we have:

Im gonna vote:Horace because I made a random guess and um well he's quiet. :grin:

:look: No tally of his posts, no further explanation. Sure you might have found out through a night action, but if so, surely you would have tried a little harder to have him voted off. Care to explain further so that your efforts of voting off Horace may be revealed. (Even if you wanted a response from him, you could have put in some effort).

At this point in day one there were two votes on Bristol, one on Petey, three on Casey and two on Pennie. I had ignored the 'seal' comment at the time, not knowing to whom Carly was referring, but she did clarify later that she was talking about Wallace, and if you follow her conversation, she had begun to associate people with similar creatures (Walrus is similar to Seal, and later Manatee). The point is, if she were scum, why mention Wallace at all? Seems a risky move to focus on your scum-mate like that, however oblique the reference.

If we let go of the assumption that Carly was scum, and consider that she might have been town, we come to some interesting observations. The first is the day one vote tally, now colour-coded for what we know now:

If Carly was indeed a Villager, then of the people who voted for Casey, only Gilda is unconfirmed. What is also interesting is that, at about the time Carly made the 'seal' statement above, two people voted in quick succession for Pennie, pushing Pennie into the lead over Casey.

Now the second point. Who gained from Carly being janitored if she was town? Ralphy would have benefited if she were scum, but we now know Ralphy was town; moreover, hiding Carly's town alignment would make lynching Ralphy easier. Who else might have benefited?

Hmm, I've just re-read this whole point and it does make a lot of sense. Just looking at the vote tally good and hard it seems more logical. You see, if Casey is a villager, then why was their be such a distinct number of votes put onto Casey by villagers rather than cultists. The answer-she is scum and the scum needed to divert attention away towards Petey.

Just look at it, forget the assumption that Carly is a suspected scum, just look at what Cameron has written, it makes a lot of sense.

00_npc_marcellus.jpg

I wish we had a tire swing...

vote tally

Gordon Gorilla (Scubacarrot): 2 votes (penalty, penalty)

Casey Cat (Scouty): 3 votes (Scubacarrot, Rufus, Eskallon)

Pennie Pig (Eskallon): 1 vote (Zepher)

Horace Horse (iamded): 1 vote (Sandy)

:look: No tally of his posts, no further explanation. Sure you might have found out through a night action, but if so, surely you would have tried a little harder to have him voted off. Care to explain further so that your efforts of voting off Horace may be revealed. (Even if you wanted a response from him, you could have put in some effort).

Some of us have a village to run, you know? I don't have time to recount everything Horace has ever said during this crazy shebang. I just have this strong feeling (should I say it came from my gut) that Horace is one of the cult promotors.

Earlier today, several people (myself included) expressed their concerns over Horace's habit of subtly pushing things, speaking just enough to seem helpful, but mostly just lurking around. Well, apparently there's a whole charade going on in private.

I may just be a bunny who's a little cuckoo on the head, but at least I'm voicing out my opinion. I would give more concrete evidence if I could, but unfortunately it is not possible at this point. I may just as well go and sharpen my front teeth, because if this goes how I think it will go, I got things coming my way very soon. :sceptic: