Sign in to follow this  
LEGO Historian

Selling Book WORLD OF LEGO TOYS from 1987

I've had this THE WORLD OF LEGO TOYS book since 1987.

The year before in 1986 I got a call from the author, Henry Wiencek, who got my name from TLG USA in Enfield CN. I spent several hours talking with Mr. Wiencek about the history of LEGO sets and parts, and I am the ONLY AFOL mentioned in the book (on page 30).

I have been collecting LEGO for 52 years, and Mr. Wiencek was a novice when it came to LEGO (he's an author, not an AFOL). Anyway after that (in 1986), I was rather excited, but didn't hear anything further... until 1987, when his publisher sent me a copy. I thought it was autographed, but I no longer remember if this was the version he autorgraphed or my other copy which I sold 2 years ago.

Anyway... this first printing book is a LEGO publishing classic! If someone would want me to autograph it (how pretentious)... I would be willing... $24.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...22#ht_856wt_934

Gary Istok

P.S. Due to the heavy nature of this book, I was only planning on selling it to a USA collector... but if a European really wanted it... I could alter the settings on EBAY... (it weighs 800 gr., so shipping to Europe would be about $15).

Edited by LEGO Historian

... well I'm embarrassed to say that I did find the Henry Wiencek autograph on page 4 (right under his name)..... DUH!!!

Edited by LEGO Historian

I wouldn't consider it pretentious at all, Gary, considering all that you've contributed toward this community. In fact, I'd love your autograph.

I don't think I can pass up the chance to own a tiny bit of Lego literary history and download your exhaustive collector's guide.

Consider it sold. default_classic.gif

I wouldn't consider it pretentious at all, Gary, considering all that you've contributed toward this community. In fact, I'd love your autograph.

I don't think I can pass up the chance to own a tiny bit of Lego literary history and download your exhaustive collector's guide.

Consider it sold. default_classic.gif

Sold to the well dressed young lady in the 3rd row.... default_satisfied.gif

Your E-Book is on its' way.... and mercifully you live in Indiana... (I in neighboring Michigan).... my last "weighty' sale was to Blaine Washington default_sceptic.gif as far north on the Pacific coast as you can go!

Sign in to follow this