Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LEGO Historian

Selling Book WORLD OF LEGO TOYS from 1987

4 posts in this topic

I've had this THE WORLD OF LEGO TOYS book since 1987.

The year before in 1986 I got a call from the author, Henry Wiencek, who got my name from TLG USA in Enfield CN. I spent several hours talking with Mr. Wiencek about the history of LEGO sets and parts, and I am the ONLY AFOL mentioned in the book (on page 30).

I have been collecting LEGO for 52 years, and Mr. Wiencek was a novice when it came to LEGO (he's an author, not an AFOL). Anyway after that (in 1986), I was rather excited, but didn't hear anything further... until 1987, when his publisher sent me a copy. I thought it was autographed, but I no longer remember if this was the version he autorgraphed or my other copy which I sold 2 years ago.

Anyway... this first printing book is a LEGO publishing classic! If someone would want me to autograph it (how pretentious)... I would be willing... $24.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...22#ht_856wt_934

Gary Istok

P.S. Due to the heavy nature of this book, I was only planning on selling it to a USA collector... but if a European really wanted it... I could alter the settings on EBAY... (it weighs 800 gr., so shipping to Europe would be about $15).

Edited by LEGO Historian

... well I'm embarrassed to say that I did find the Henry Wiencek autograph on page 4 (right under his name)..... DUH!!!

Edited by LEGO Historian

I wouldn't consider it pretentious at all, Gary, considering all that you've contributed toward this community. In fact, I'd love your autograph.

I don't think I can pass up the chance to own a tiny bit of Lego literary history and download your exhaustive collector's guide.

Consider it sold. default_classic.gif

I wouldn't consider it pretentious at all, Gary, considering all that you've contributed toward this community. In fact, I'd love your autograph.

I don't think I can pass up the chance to own a tiny bit of Lego literary history and download your exhaustive collector's guide.

Consider it sold. default_classic.gif

Sold to the well dressed young lady in the 3rd row.... default_satisfied.gif

Your E-Book is on its' way.... and mercifully you live in Indiana... (I in neighboring Michigan).... my last "weighty' sale was to Blaine Washington default_sceptic.gif as far north on the Pacific coast as you can go!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0