That post belongs in the thread already dedicated to the movie in the Culture and Multimedia forum.

It is exciting news, however, and I'm sure there are people who frequent the action theme forums that have not idea the C&M Forum exists, and will find this news exciting!

Edited by Penkid11

Is it possible that we might see a sneak peek of Ninjago's next installment at Comic-Con like we did last year? That would be amazing.

Edited by Wall E2624

Is it possible that we might see a sneak peek of Ninjago's next installment at Comic-Con like we did last year? That would be amazing.

Depends. Last year at Comic-Con, there was an actual Ninjago panel. I don't think anything like that is on the schedule this time around, though we should keep close tabs on what kinds of things LEGO is planning for the event.

Depends. Last year at Comic-Con, there was an actual Ninjago panel. I don't think anything like that is on the schedule this time around, though we should keep close tabs on what kinds of things LEGO is planning for the event.

Due to there being a countdown to comic-con on The Lego Movie's new website (http://www.lego.com/en-us/movie?icmp=COUSFR35TheLEGOMovie) , I reckon that they will be focusing on that, but then again, I could be just horribly wrong :tongue:

I have been working on a TV show size version of the Garmatron, and I hope to get it uploaded tomorrow. :wink::sweet:

Personally, I would love to see more Ninjago MOCs based on the TV show,

especially ones that LEGO did a poor job recreating, :grin: e.g., Destiny's Bounty, Temple of Light,

Cole's Power Drill, or older things like the Fangpyre Crane Wrecking Ball or the Monastery.

I have been working on a TV show size version of the Garmatron, and I hope to get it uploaded tomorrow. :wink::sweet:

That sounds awesome.

That sounds awesome.

Thanks, and sorry about no pictures yet, I had to wait for some good sunshine (and it took two tries to get pictures I was satisfied with :grin: ).

At least a teaser should be up today, though, I've got the pictures and just need to edit them. :classic:

Edit:

Here's the teaser:

9302506503_f864972af1.jpg

Edited by Garmadon

Sorry for the double post, but here is my Garmatron MOC:

9362697248_e630d96bb5_z.jpg

Picture linked to the topic.

Edited by Garmadon

Almost perfect. Just try to refine the turrets a bit. And maybe add a slight angle to the front tracks.

Almost perfect. Just try to refine the turrets a bit. And maybe add a slight angle to the front tracks.

Thanks, I tried to add a slight angle to the front treads, but I don't think that there are small wheels wide enough for those treads :sceptic:

And also, it got destroyed a long time ago now :grin: , most MOC's of mine don't last much longer than a few days :cry_sad::wink:

Well, with us being in the later half of 2013 and expecting new set information for next year to start trickling through. I guess it is time to unpin this thread/

The sets seen on brickshowtv look kinda cool. The two-pack, in my opinion, is a fantastic idea. It gives you two ninjas instead of one, which will most definately sell. Also, the new mouthguards look awesome. They remind me of a manga I used to read, called 'flame of recca'. When people say lego is running out of ideas, I say otherwise...

Sorry for the double post, but here is my Garmatron MOC:

9362697248_e630d96bb5_z.jpg

Picture linked to the topic.

Nice moc .The cannon can be a bit more rounded though.

I got the last two 2013 Ninjago sets from my wanted list for Christmas: Warrior Bike and Cole's Earth Driller! I'm not at all disappointed by either, even though my expectations for Cole's Earth Driller were fairly low. It turns out its boxy shape really suits it, and has enough detail to keep it from feeling TOO plain. Its sticker sheet is also full of awesome details! And while the planetary drill is not a brand-new function, it's good to see it again after four years without it.

The Warrior Bike is not a perfectly elegant design (I feel like the "face" looks somewhat lackluster from the sides), but it's still quite neat. It's a bit of a shame that next year's enemy vehicles do not have sculpted motifs tying them together like the skeleton, snake, and stone warrior vehicles, but I suppose that helps in a couple ways — it reduces the conceptual overlap between Ninjago and Chima, and makes the enemy vehicles feel a bit less repetitive than some of those from previous waves.

The ninja minifigures this year were excellent. Even though they're incredibly similar, they have dynamic color schemes and just enough differences so that they don't feel like complete palette swaps. It's neat that the 2014 ninja costumes are going to be borrowing some of the design elements from the 2013 costumes, such as the unique badges and buckles for each ninja, while also bringing in some of the uniqueness of the ZX and NRG costumes.

The stone warriors are also neat and unique designs, even though there are fewer of them than previous enemy minifigures, a trend that seems to continue in 2014. It doesn't bother me a whole lot since 2012 had gone too far in the other direction — I still have only twelve of the seventeen Serpentine minifigures. And since at least 50% of the enemy figures tend to be used as generic goons in the story anyway, there's little sense in having so many variants to keep track of.

It's a shame that Nya went a year without a new design, but her characters page on the new Ninjago site seems to indicate that 2014 will be bringing her back into the spotlight. All things considered, despite its reduced scale, 2013 was not a bad year for Ninjago sets. On to 2014!

It has already been discussed in the 2014 thread here.

Be sure to check the pinned topics at the top of each of the themes' thread portals. You will find any present and future set threads in them. :wink:

Edited by Penkid11

5 minutes ago, legodude3069 said:

Is it pronounced ninjago or ninjago?

A four-years-old topic isn't necessarily the best place to ask this! But to answer your question, it's pronounced "Nin-JAH-go" (rhymes with "Chicago"). However, the ninja also use "Ninja… go!" (two words) as a battle cry.