I think Ninjago will go out with a big bang of at least 8 sets and 12 spinners, as such a large fanbase is not something LEGO is likely to waste.

I think Ninjago will go out with a big bang of at least 8 sets and 12 spinners, as such a large fanbase is not something LEGO is likely to waste.

It'll just fizzle out.

The sets might be really good, of course but I really doubt that there will be new spinners and a large amount of sets. Multi wave action themes have all recently ended on a small wave of sets, and with Legends of Chima containing a game element that sounds much like Ninjago's it seems a little pointless for them to release spinners when Chima will likely have an analogous item available.

January:

NinjaGo

LoC

TMNT

"Space Quest"

2HY (june-august):

LoC

Polar Xxpress

And Speedorz. :) (the brickset guy mentions something about Hero Factory-ish figures and fly wheel stuff)

And Speedorz. :) (the brickset guy mentions something about Hero Factory-ish figures and fly wheel stuff)

Speedorz and Hero Factory-ish figures are part of Legend of Chima. Speedorz are something like spinners for LoM.

Speedorz and Hero Factory-ish figures are part of Legend of Chima. Speedorz are something like spinners for LoM.

So wait, Chima has both minifigs and Action Figures? Weird combination.

Super Heroes has both minifigs and action figs too.

Super Heroes has both minifigs and action figs too.

Oh! So it's going to be separate. I thought the system sets with minifigs will include action figures. XD

At this point I'd consider "Polar Xxpress" a prototype name for Galaxy Quest based on what we've heard. It seems the two themes are one in the same. I expect a theme similar to Ice Planet.

I will say this again, the confusion of both the names "Space Quest" and "Lego Galaxy" result in the name Galaxy Quest which is a Star Trek comedy spoof movie. I just wanted to point that out hoping that no one will make that mistake again, not that it that big of a deal.

I will say this again, the confusion of both the names "Space Quest" and "Lego Galaxy" result in the name Galaxy Quest which is a Star Trek comedy spoof movie. I just wanted to point that out hoping that no one will make that mistake again, not that it that big of a deal.

Yeah, Cwetqo says it's possible the theme is actually called "Galaxy Squad". Not sure if that's in use, but that's more likely than Galaxy Quest at this stage.

Man, quite a torrent of speculation this last day or so. It's times like these I wish we actually had pictures of these various themes.

Knights Kindgom (I think) had both as well. Personally, I'm hoping for brick-built, not the Bionicle type.

Anyway, I do think there will be no 2013 Ninjago spinners. Although, yeah, it might be a good idea to end Ninjago with a big release, I don't think TLG will do that. Actually, a lot of Ninjago fans are more fans of the TV show (especailly teenagers) rather than LEGO. So LEGO wont miss much by ending it with only about 6 sets. Plus, another wave of spinners would really detract from LoC's (I was wondering when we'd get around to abreveating it!) game (presuming it will have one, which I do think is correct). Can't say I believe the Golden Ninja/Garmatron stuff though. Just sounds like a confused misunderstanding to me. . . :sceptic:

@Draiknova, wishful thinking.

Legends of Chima has oppurtunities, the minifgis will be important plus how the action/herofactory figures will be implemented/build. The cord thing sounds believable.

And the Galaxy Quest as well.

For Ninjago,

golden dragon/ninja a rumour?

Garmatron sounds weird. But a cool hat is a cool hat. :)

Can't say I believe the Golden Ninja/Garmatron stuff though. Just sounds like a confused misunderstanding to me. . . :sceptic:

Why not? It's not like it'd be the strangest thing in Ninjago, and they have to make new versions of the characters, anyway. To me, a Golden Ninja and a robotic version of Garmadon sounds exactly like the kind of thing they'd pull off. =)

Say, who's in for a Lego Galaxy Quest theme? =P

No one believes anything until there is a picture. So we can wildly speculate as much as we like but there will still be no confirmation for a while.

So next: Ninjago 2013 only here thanks, Chima etc go in their respective threads!

Why not? It's not like it'd be the strangest thing in Ninjago, and they have to make new versions of the characters, anyway. To me, a Golden Ninja and a robotic version of Garmadon sounds exactly like the kind of thing they'd pull off. =)

Well, maybe I'm just skeptic about such things until they're confirmed. But right after having the green ninja - I can't even see how they'd implement a golden one!

Does Ninjago count :laugh: .

You know it!

I just wonder what element the Golden Ninja will be, then again the current ones do not follow the classical elemental lists...

Eh, I just want a gold headwrap in any case!

If they make a golden ninja, I hope they will also make a purple one.

Edited by DraikNova

If they make a golden ninja, I hope they will also make a purple one.

I think yellow would be better,mainly because the color gold gives off the impression of power and the green ninja takes that spot,but yellow and purple are colors that can be used.

Well, maybe I'm just skeptic about such things until they're confirmed. But right after having the green ninja - I can't even see how they'd implement a golden one!

I was thinking that maybe the gold ninja could be Lloyd's NRG form. I mean, Zane changed color. Sure, not that much, but it would match Wu's tornado and give the impression of being "the ultimate spinjitzu master" or whatever they've been typecasting Lloyd as.

The way I think they'll implement it is if the gold ninja was actually Sensei Wu; an option which would also work as the last theme will be based on 'the final battle between good and evil'.

I was thinking that maybe the gold ninja could be Lloyd's NRG form. I mean, Zane changed color. Sure, not that much, but it would match Wu's tornado and give the impression of being "the ultimate spinjitzu master" or whatever they've been typecasting Lloyd as.

The way I think they'll implement it is if the gold ninja was actually Sensei Wu; an option which would also work as the last theme will be based on 'the final battle between good and evil'.

Both of those do sound like good possiblities; while I'm sure LEGO could implement another ninja, it just doesn't make sense to me right now. I would like a golden suit though. . . :thumbup: