Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest #44: My Best Friend

Hey, who are you?? Sorry, you said that you are hungry, right? Well, I think it's a good idea if I buy you a lunch at a tavern.

Guts wondered who put the fenarian in charge, anything that could get that old, must be unnatural. Guts ignored the little girl (if they helped this one, there would be more) and kept his hand on his giant sack of gold, pouch, he had exchanged most of his money for value papers, but you can't be too sure in this neighbourhood. Guts stepped next to Hybros, and said:

"Free for those who can afford it. That's about the truth of it."

Guts stepped next to Hybros, and said:

Hybros nodded. He began his journey not unlike this child, but did not receive help. "We must learn to be self-sufficient. We cannot expect others to help us." Still, he waited for what the girl had to say. Meanwhile he downed a nostrum.

Guts wondered who put the fenarian in charge, anything that could get that old, must be unnatural. Guts ignored the little girl (if they helped this one, there would be more) and kept his hand on his giant sack of gold, pouch, he had exchanged most of his money for value papers, but you can't be too sure in this neighbourhood. Guts stepped next to Hybros, and said:

IC: De'kra clicked, "Agreed, only few truly free in Eubric. Heroes just not have to notice it since we have needs met by Heroica Hall, and most people who hire heroes are rich. It...disturb how close this is to Hall."

Seeing the reactions to the question of the little girl, Alexander Vandangant see a strange figure: he is a tiny person with a hood, his eyes are two yellow light under the hood. Hey, who are? Are you De'kra, right?? Hello, I'm Alexander Vandangant and I am happy to make your acquaintance.

Edited by Wedge09

Seeing the reactions to the question of the little girl, Alexander Vandangant see a strange figure: he is a tiny person with a hood, his eyes are two yellow light under the hood. Hey, who are? Are you De'kra, right?? Hello, I'm Alexander Vandangant and I am happy to make your acquaintance.

IC: De'kra turned to face the stranger and clicked, "I am call De'kra. It good to meet you too, but how you know I? I apologize if you and I met before, my memory has gotten better in last year, but I still suffer some amnesia."

IC: De'kra turned to face the stranger and clicked, "I am call De'kra. It good to meet you too, but how you know I? I apologize if you and I met before, my memory has gotten better in last year, but I still suffer some amnesia."

Oh no, isn't amnesia. We never met before but I heard a chatter about you in the Hall, I heard a man: ....you know the little one with the cape, ah De'kra....

Edited by Wedge09

The girl's face flushed with happiness. She was holding 30 gold, more than she had ever possessed in her short and miserable life.

"Thanks a thousand, kind sirs! Now I can become a famous actress like I have always wanted! Bilbert Wigglepike, here I come!"

The girl runs off with her gold, but the party is immediately stopped by an older man on the other side of the street.

heroicaquest44-beggarsailor.jpg

"G'day, maties! I was a sailor in the Bonaparte fleet until a Sharkling pirate bit me leg right off. All I gots left is this wooden peg and me wounded pride. Would you show some mercy to this old seafarer, maybe in the form of some gold? I cans tell ye a mighty interesting story in return..."

The party members looked at the begging man, then at each other. How will they respond?

Party:

heroica_1.jpg

Alexander Vandangant (Wedge09)

99 years old elven Ranger

Level 1

Power
: 4
(1+3)

Health
: 6/6

Gold
: 10

Equipment
: Bow (WP: 3)

Inventory
: Amethyst (
Darkness
), Potion, Smoke Bomb,

assassin_benji.jpg

Benji Carvenhall (Flare)

27 years old male half-elven Assassin

Level 21
*Counterstrike*

Power:
(21+13)

Defense:

Health:
32/32
(6+20+5+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Crossbow of the Pongcanis (WP: 13;
Darkness
Ice
Light
Elemental), Tricorne (SP:3),
Counterstrike Gloves

Inventory:
5 Grand Potions, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, 7 Meads, 4 Smelling Salts, 2 Nostrums, 3 Venoms, 2 Smoke Bombs, Lightning Bomb, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, 3 Bones

019.JPG

Sir Christopher Daggerfall (Fred Fred Burger)

27 years old male human Knight

Level 14
*Immune to Weakened, Bound and Slowed*

Power:
(14+8+2+1)

Defense:

Health:
23/23
(10+13)

Gold:

Equipment:
Great Sword (WP:8), Mockthril Shield (SP:4), Pugilist's Gloves (Power +2, protects from weakened-effect), Winged Sandals (Protects from bound- and slowed-effects)

Inventory:
Tricorne (SP:3), Paladin's Armor (unsuitable), 3 Potions, Grand Potion, Remedy, Mead, 2 Rums, 2 Smoke Bombs, 2 Fire Bombs, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bone

7799445022_26c70f4173_o.jpg

Cinna the Dark (darkdragon)

19 years Female Human Mystic Knight

Level 19
*Immune to
Fire

Power:
(19+12+1)

Defense:
(2+1)

Health:
31/31
(5+18+7+1)

Ether:
25/25
(5+18+1+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Mauryl (WP:12, ranged), Aurora Helmet (SP:2, null fire), Anniversary Medal:Y1 (+1 to all stats per year)

Inventory:
Amethyst (
Darkness
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Opal (
Ice
), Ruby (
Fire
), Healing Staff (WP:5), Scroll of Sleep, 6 Grand Potions, Tonic, 6 Remedies, Elixir, Phoenix Essence, 5 Meads, 2 Smelling Salts, Soma, 2 Deadly Venoms, Fire Bomb, Bedroll, 3 Bones

De%27kra_and_Kapura.png

De'kra (Tanma)

11 year old "male" "echo" Assassin

Level 17 ½
*Immune to Enamored and Confused*

Power:
(17+7)

Defense:

Health:
28/28
(7+16+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Kapura (WP:7,
fire-elemental
), Cloak of the Blue Assassin (SP: 1), Heart Locket (Protects from enamored effect and confused effect)

Inventory:
Chiara (WP:7,
lightning-elemental
), Shadeaux Dagger (WP:5), Fauxthril Hand Cannon (WP:7), Cloak of the Elven Spy, , 10 Potions, 3 Grand Potions, 3 Remedies, 2 Phoenix Essences, 2 Smoke Bombs, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

av-28776.jpg

Dreyrugr (Vash the Stampede)

1000 year old male vampire Rogue

Level 1

Power:
(1+3)

Health:
(7)

Gold:

Equipment:
Longsword (WP:3)

Inventory:
Potion x2, Venom, Bedroll

IMG_2373.JPG

Erik Tyrvarr (Myrddyn)

18 years old male human Barbarian

Level 10 ½
*Restoration*

Power:
(10+13)

Health:
17/17
(8+9)

Gold:

Equipment:
Voltedge (WP: 13,
lightning-elemental
), Barbarian's Boots (Natural Respite>Restoration)

Inventory:
Spear (WP: 9), Holy Bomb, 2 Death Progg Claws

7441682730_7e226292c6_t.jpg

Guts Holla (Scubacarrot)

42 year old male human Raider

Level 20
*Natural Respite*
*Dance*
*Encouraged*
*Hastened*
*Lucky*

Power:
(20+14)
(29 for ranged attacks
(20+9)
)

Health:
33/33
(7+19+7)

Gold:

Equipment:
Lifestealer (WP:14,
ice-elemental
, attacks restore 3 health), Dancing Shoes (Wearer dances well, in the turn after a miss is rolled, the wearer can act twice)

Inventory:
Throwing Knife (WP:9, retrievable,
light-elemental
), Hollow Dagger (WP: 6, hollow), 9 Grand Potions, 1 Grand Tonic, 1 Elixir, 5 Remedies, 3 Phoenix Essences, 4 Meads, 4 Nostrums, 4 Smelling Salts, Shovel, Telescope, Bedroll, Beholder's Eye (allows one round per quest to be replayed), 3 Mythril Shards (3/4 of a Mythril)

7173335030_b2b9e10fb7_z.jpg

Hybros (JimButcher)

50-year-old male imp Assassin

Level 20
*Hastened*
*Lucky*

Power:
(20+15)

Defense:

Health:
32/32
(7+19+5+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Zoot's Reaper (WP:15,
earth-elemental
), Golden Armor (user is permanently hastened and cursed), Blessed Amulet (protects from cursed-effect)

Inventory:
Clock Cog (WP: 14, retrievable), Shuriken of Mercutio (WP:5, retrievable), 2 Throwing Knives (WP:8, retrievable), Banana Bladerang (WP:9, damage all, retrievable), Ancient Throwing Dagger (WP: 8, retrievable), Emerald (
Wood
), 10 Potions, 10 Grand Potions, 5 Remedies, 3 Phoenix Essences, 2 Deadly Venoms, 2 Smoke Bombs, 3 Holy Bombs, 5 Nostrums, 2 Meads, Smelling Salts, Bedroll, Shovel, Skeleton Decoy, Bone

gc5570571444584664818.jpg?width=80&height=75&aspect=fitwithin&padcolor=ffffff&size=thumb

Mizuki Kimura (zakura)

21 years old female human Rogue

Level 11

Power:
(11+10)

Health:
17/17 (7 + 10)

Gold:

Equipment:
Dagger (WP:11)

Inventory:
Witch's Tailsman (Poisoned Hits>Badly Poisoned Hits), Remedy, Venom, 4 Nostrums, 4 Meads, Smelling Salts, Smoke Bomb, 2 Holy Bombs, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Cannonball, Death Progg Claw,

namyrra_training_hall_avatar.jpg

Namyrra Uq (Quarryman)
***Party Leader***

1337 years old female Fenarian Evoker

Level 21
*Immune to Sealing*

Power
: 31
(21+12)

Defence
: 8
(5+3)

Health
: 28/28
(5+20+3)

Ether
: 32/32
(5+20+1+1+5)

Gold
: 44

Equipment
: Snake Staff (WP:12), Fanged Helm (SP:5), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether +5, immune to Sealing)

Inventory
: Shiny Dagger (WP:10), Bone Staff (WP:3), Amethyst, Opal, Emerald, Topaz, Garnet, Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire. Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, 4 Potions, 2 Grand Tonics, Ether Core, 2 Phoenix Essence, 6 Meads, 4 Smelling Salts, 2 Nostrums, 2 Smoke Bombs, Holy Bomb, Flash Bomb, Bedroll, Venom, 3 bones

Spirits
: Xut the Daemon (
Darkness
), Raiju the Raiju (
Lightning
), Ni the Shrubbery (
Wood
), Mark the Ice Cube Tray (
Ice
), Clay Golem (
Earth
), Battle Angel (
Light
), unknown (
Fire
), unknown (
Wind
)

ava-nerwen.jpg

Nerwen Calmcacil (played by Chromeknight)

261 year old female elven Cleric

Level 12
*Immune to
Wind

Power:
(12+6)

Defense:

Health:
23/23
(9+11+3)

Ether:
16/16
(5+11)

Gold:

Equipment:
Staff (WP:6,
Wood
), White Cloak (+3 Max health), Winged Circlet (SP:2, Immune to Wind)

Inventory:
Hammer (WP: 6), 2 Potions, Tonic, Grand Tonic, 3 Elixirs, 4 Remedies, 2 Phoenix Essences,Venom, 2 Ice Bombs, Shovel, Bedroll, Bone

HeroicaRaven-1.png

Raven Ashcroft (Raven Brickroft)

18 years old male human Rogue

Level 1

Power:
(1+3)

Health:
7/7

Gold:

Equipment:
Main Gauche (WP: 3)

Inventory:
Potion, Venom

headressnaga.jpg

Sarick Lanse (Xarrzan)

27 years old male naga Mage

Level 12 ½
*Lucky*

Power:
(12+6+1)

Defense:

Health:
16/16
(5+11)

Ether:
16/16
(5+11)

Gold:

Equipment:
Dragon's Wrath (WP:6)

Inventory:
Healing Staff (WP:5, healing effect), Dragon's Heart (WP: 15,
wind-
and
fire-elemental
), Opal (
Ice
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Tonic, Phoenix Essence, 4 Nostrums, 3 Smelling Salts, Bomb XX, Bedroll, Bone, Mythril Shard (1/4 of a Mythril)

Thalion Dwinlas (-obelix-)

213 years old male elf Mage

Level 1

Power:
(1+3)

Health:
5/5

Ether:
5/5

Gold:

Equipment:
Dagger (WP:3)

Inventory:
Ruby (
Fire
), Potion, Bedroll

ava-thothwick2.jpg

Thothwick (Professor Flitwick)

44 years old Metasimian Black Knight

Level 19
*Damage Undead*
*Immune to Stunned*

Power
: 29
(19+10)
(27 for ranged attacks
(19+8)
)

Defence

Health
: 34
(7+18+9)

Gold
: 287

Equipment
: Sabre (WP:10), Cultist's Hat (regular attacks do damage to undead), Black Knight's Armour (SP:4, protects from stunned-effect)

Inventory
: Shuriken (WP:8), Bedroll, Telescope, Dragon Scale

harkenshire_sig.jpg

William Harkenshire (VolcanicPanik)

Unknown years old human male Ranger

Level 14
*Hastened*

Power:
(14+5)

Health:
19/19
(6+13)

Gold:

Equipment:
Repeating Crossbow (WP:5, unupgradeable;
fire-elemental
, permanent
hastened
)

Inventory:
Hand Cannon (WP: 5;
lightning
- and
wood
-elemental), Wave Sword (WP:11, inflicts cursed-effect), Croise Crossbow (WP:11), Lion Knight Shield (SP:4, unsuitable), Chimera Armor (+2 SP, +2 Health, unsuitable), Sapphire (
Wind
), Remedy, Venom, Mead, Smelling Salts, Smoke Bomb, Elven Bomb, Bomb XX, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass, Shovel, Pickaxe, Skeleton Decoy, Horse

Alexander look at the men and exclaimed: Hey, when we come to the altar girl we remain with no money.

Chris Downed a Mead as he regarded his gold pouch which was a bit lighter than it was. "ah what the heck," he said "if De'kra and I are going to be generous all by ourselves I'm, fine with that:tongue:"

He then walks over to the begger and hands him 9 gold coins (which leaves him with an even 80) as he says "sure, old man I'd love to hear you're story."

Guts shook his head as the girl ran off and the knight gave this old man money: Guts would be surprised if the girl was not robbed, and if the man would not spend all the coin he got here on booze. The raider grumbled:

"Can we just go to our employer without stopping for every beggar, we won't be there tonight if we keep this up."

Alexander heard an unknown hero of the group says: "Can we just go to our employer without stopping for every beggar, we won't be there tonight if we keep this up."

He quitely agree with the unknown hero.

The old sailor takes Christopher's gold with pleasure.

"Thanks, matey! Say, have you ever heard the story of the fearsome Jade KraCKen? It used to terrorize the Crystalline Sea and drag whole ships into the watery abyss with its mighty tentacles. They say that if ye cut one off, it would grow right back. That's why the only way to defeat it was to aim for its head! But how could ye, with eight tentacles flailing in front of ye?! Don't know what happened to the kraCKen, though, nobody's seen the beast in at least a year... Cheers!"

The sailor left, but then the party's attention was caught by a woman dragging a grumpy boy behind her.

heroicaquest44-beggarmother.jpg

"Please, you've got to help my wee son! He's suffering from pneumonia, and I cannot afford to see a doctor. If you could just spare me some gold so my son could get himself treated..."

"Mom, please..." begged the boy dryly, obviously uncomfortable with having his mother fuss about him in front of all these valiant warriors.

What will the party reply?

Party:

heroica_1.jpg

Level 1

Power
(1+3)

Health

Gold

Equipment

Inventory
Darkness
), Potion, Smoke Bomb,

assassin_benji.jpg

Benji Carvenhall (Flare)

Level 21
*Counterstrike*

Power:
(21+13)

Defense:

Health:
32/32
(6+20+5+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Darkness
Ice
Light
Counterstrike Gloves

Inventory:
5 Grand Potions, Remedy, Phoenix Essence, 7 Meads, 4 Smelling Salts, 2 Nostrums, 3 Venoms, 2 Smoke Bombs, Lightning Bomb, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Shovel, 3 Bones

019.JPG

Level 14
*Encouraged*

Power:
(14+8+2+1)

Defense:

Health:
23/23
(10+13)

Gold:

Equipment:
Great Sword (WP:8), Mockthril Shield (SP:4), Pugilist's Gloves (Power +2, protects from weakened-effect), Winged Sandals (Protects from bound- and slowed-effects)

Inventory:
Tricorne (SP:3), Paladin's Armor (unsuitable), 3 Potions, Grand Potion, Remedy, 2 Rums, 2 Smoke Bombs, 2 Fire Bombs, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bone

Level 19
*Immune to
Fire

Power:
(19+12+1)

Defense:
(2+1)

Health:
31/31
(5+18+7+1)

Ether:
25/25
(5+18+1+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Mauryl (WP:12, ranged), Aurora Helmet (SP:2, null fire), Anniversary Medal:Y1 (+1 to all stats per year)

Inventory:
Amethyst (
Darkness
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Opal (
Ice
), Ruby (
Fire
), Healing Staff (WP:5), Scroll of Sleep, 6 Grand Potions, Tonic, 6 Remedies, Elixir, Phoenix Essence, 5 Meads, 2 Smelling Salts, Soma, 2 Deadly Venoms, Fire Bomb, Bedroll, 3 Bones

De%27kra_and_Kapura.png

De'kra (Tanma)

Level 17 ½

Power:
(17+7)

Defense:

Health:
28/28
(7+16+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
fire-elemental
), Cloak of the Blue Assassin (SP: 1), Heart Locket (Protects from enamored effect and confused effect)

Inventory:
lightning-elemental
), Shadeaux Dagger (WP:5), Fauxthril Hand Cannon (WP:7), Cloak of the Elven Spy, , 10 Potions, 3 Grand Potions, 3 Remedies, 2 Phoenix Essences, 2 Smoke Bombs, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

av-28776.jpg

Level 1

Power:
(1+3)

Health:
(7)

Gold:

Equipment:

Inventory:

IMG_2373.JPG

Erik Tyrvarr (Myrddyn)

Level 10 ½
*Restoration*

Power:
(10+13)

Health:
17/17
(8+9)

Gold:

Equipment:
lightning-elemental

Inventory:

Guts Holla (Scubacarrot)

Level 20
*Natural Respite*
*Dance*
*Encouraged*
*Hastened*
*Lucky*

Power:
(20+14)
(29 for ranged attacks
(20+9)
)

Health:
33/33
(7+19+7)

Gold:

Equipment:
ice-elemental
, attacks restore 3 health), Dancing Shoes (Wearer dances well, in the turn after a miss is rolled, the wearer can act twice)

Inventory:
light-elemental
), Hollow Dagger (WP: 6, hollow), 9 Grand Potions, 1 Grand Tonic, 1 Elixir, 5 Remedies, 3 Phoenix Essences, 4 Meads, 4 Nostrums, 4 Smelling Salts, Shovel, Telescope, Bedroll, Beholder's Eye (allows one round per quest to be replayed), 3 Mythril Shards (3/4 of a Mythril)

Hybros (JimButcher)

Level 20
*Hastened*
*Lucky*

Power:
(20+15)

Defense:

Health:
32/32
(7+19+5+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
earth-elemental
), Golden Armor (user is permanently hastened and cursed), Blessed Amulet (protects from cursed-effect)

Inventory:
Clock Cog (WP: 14, retrievable), Shuriken of Mercutio (WP:5, retrievable), 2 Throwing Knives (WP:8, retrievable), Banana Bladerang (WP:9, damage all, retrievable), Ancient Throwing Dagger (WP: 8, retrievable), Emerald (
Wood
), 10 Potions, 10 Grand Potions, 5 Remedies, 3 Phoenix Essences, 2 Deadly Venoms, 2 Smoke Bombs, 3 Holy Bombs, 5 Nostrums, 2 Meads, Smelling Salts, Bedroll, Shovel, Skeleton Decoy, Bone

gc5570571444584664818.jpg?width=80&height=75&aspect=fitwithin&padcolor=ffffff&size=thumb

Mizuki Kimura (zakura)

Level 11

Power:
(11+10)

Health:
17/17 (7 + 10)

Gold:

Equipment:

Inventory:
Witch's Tailsman (Poisoned Hits>Badly Poisoned Hits), Remedy, Venom, 4 Nostrums, 4 Meads, Smelling Salts, Smoke Bomb, 2 Holy Bombs, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Cannonball, Death Progg Claw,

Namyrra Uq (Quarryman)
***Party Leader***

Level 21
*Immune to Sealing*

Power
(21+12)

Defence
(5+3)

Health
(5+20+3)

Ether
(5+20+1+1+5)

Gold

Equipment
: Snake Staff (WP:12), Fanged Helm (SP:5), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether +5, immune to Sealing)

Inventory
: Shiny Dagger (WP:10), Bone Staff (WP:3), Amethyst, Opal, Emerald, Topaz, Garnet, Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire. Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Sealing, 4 Potions, 2 Grand Tonics, Ether Core, 2 Phoenix Essence, 6 Meads, 4 Smelling Salts, 2 Nostrums, 2 Smoke Bombs, Holy Bomb, Flash Bomb, Bedroll, Venom, 3 bones

Spirits
Darkness
), Raiju the Raiju (
Lightning
), Ni the Shrubbery (
Wood
Ice
), Clay Golem (
Earth
), Battle Angel (
Light
), unknown (
Fire
), unknown (
Wind
)

ava-nerwen.jpg

Level 12
*Immune to
Wind

Power:
(12+6)

Defense:

Health:
23/23
(9+11+3)

Ether:
16/16
(5+11)

Gold:

Equipment:
Wood

Inventory:
Hammer (WP: 6), 2 Potions, Tonic, Grand Tonic, 3 Elixirs, 4 Remedies, 2 Phoenix Essences,Venom, 2 Ice Bombs, Shovel, Bedroll, Bone

HeroicaRaven-1.png

Level 1

Power:
(1+3)

Health:
7/7

Gold:

Equipment:

Inventory:
Potion, Venom

headressnaga.jpg

Sarick Lanse (Xarrzan)

Level 12 ½
*Lucky*

Power:
(12+6+1)

Defense:

Health:
16/16
(5+11)

Ether:
16/16
(5+11)

Gold:

Equipment:

Inventory:
wind-
and
fire-elemental
), Opal (
Ice
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Tonic, Phoenix Essence, 4 Nostrums, 3 Smelling Salts, Bomb XX, Bedroll, Bone, Mythril Shard (1/4 of a Mythril)

Level 1

Power:
(1+3)

Health:
5/5

Ether:
5/5

Gold:

Equipment:

Inventory:
Ruby (
Fire
), Potion, Bedroll

ava-thothwick2.jpg

Level 19
*Damage Undead*
*Immune to Stunned*

Power
(19+10)
(27 for ranged attacks
(19+8)
)

Defence

Health
(7+18+9)

Gold
: 287

Equipment
: Sabre (WP:10), Cultist's Hat (regular attacks do damage to undead), Black Knight's Armour (SP:4, protects from stunned-effect)

Inventory

harkenshire_sig.jpg

Level 14
*Hastened*

Power:
(14+5)

Health:
19/19
(6+13)

Gold:

Equipment:
fire-elemental
, permanent
hastened
)

Inventory:
lightning
- and
wood
-elemental), Wave Sword (WP:11, inflicts cursed-effect), Croise Crossbow (WP:11), Lion Knight Shield (SP:4, unsuitable), Chimera Armor (+2 SP, +2 Health, unsuitable), Sapphire (
Wind
), Remedy, Venom, Mead, Smelling Salts, Smoke Bomb, Elven Bomb, Bomb XX, Bedroll, Magnifying Glass, Shovel, Pickaxe, Skeleton Decoy, Horse

IC: De'kra clicked, "I have little gold left, but might remedy help him?" The echo mentally filed away the story Jade KraCKen, it might not be related to the current quest, but knowledge is power.

Having a better idea, De'kra clicked to the party leader, "Namyrra, could you use your gem to summon food?"

"Afraid not, little one, my talents lies mostly in the use of magic for destruction, summoning food is beyond my abilities."

De'kra clicked, "I have little gold left, but might remedy help him?"

The mother accepts the remedy with gratitude and offers it to her son.

"Ugh, it smells bad!" the boy complains.

"Clemence, drink it. Now!" the mother barks. The boy gulps the medicine down, and starts coughing.

"Uh-oh, it sounds worse than before!", the mother gasps worriedly. Clemence turns pale, and his eyes start bulging out. "Please, now we really need to see the doctor! Just some gold, any amount will do..."

Thothwick then caves in, handing the mother 17 gold. She curtseys as she takes the money, and drags his son away lickety-split.

A few feet away, an elderly man with a long beard and only one arm stops them.

heroicaquest44-beggarveteran.jpg

"Shtop! My shight might not be what it ushed to be, but I recognizhe championsh of Heroica when I shee 'em! I'll have you know, I wash once a member of your noble organizhation too. I went on numeroush queshtsh with the very besht of 'em; Wolwark Bullseye, Redlock Maewyn, Grim Padrig, Lothoros Eldar... Shurely you recognizhe the namesh! Unfortunately, my time as a hero came to an end when the Giant Bat of Ilrion bit my hand right off. But I shalute you, younger generation! If only shomeone would remember a forgotten hero shuch ash myshelf... Perhapsh with a humble amount of gold..."

How will the party respond?

Party:

heroica_1.jpg

Level 1

Power
(1+3)

Health

Gold

Equipment

Inventory
Darkness
), Potion, Smoke Bomb,

assassin_benji.jpg

Benji Carvenhall (Flare)

Level 21
*Counterstrike*

Power:
(21+13)

Defense:

Health:
32/32
(6+20+5+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Darkness
Ice
Light
Counterstrike Gloves

Inventory:

019.JPG

Level 14
*Encouraged*

Power:
(14+8+2+1)

Defense:

Health:
23/23
(10+13)

Gold:

Equipment:

Inventory:
Tricorne (SP:3), Paladin's Armor (unsuitable), 3 Potions, Grand Potion, Remedy, 2 Rums, 2 Smoke Bombs, 2 Fire Bombs, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bone

Level 19
*Immune to
Fire

Power:
(19+12+1)

Defense:
(2+1)

Health:
31/31
(5+18+7+1)

Ether:
25/25
(5+18+1+1)

Gold:

Equipment:

Inventory:
Amethyst (
Darkness
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Opal (
Ice
), Ruby (
Fire

De%27kra_and_Kapura.png

De'kra (Tanma)

Level 17 ½

Power:
(17+7)

Defense:

Health:
28/28
(7+16+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
fire-elemental

Inventory:
lightning-elemental
), Shadeaux Dagger (WP:5), Fauxthril Hand Cannon (WP:7), Cloak of the Elven Spy, , 10 Potions, 3 Grand Potions, 2 Remedies, 2 Phoenix Essences, 2 Smoke Bombs, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

av-28776.jpg

Level 1

Power:
(1+3)

Health:
(7)

Gold:

Equipment:

Inventory:

IMG_2373.JPG

Erik Tyrvarr (Myrddyn)

Level 10 ½
*Restoration*

Power:
(10+13)

Health:
17/17
(8+9)

Gold:

Equipment:
lightning-elemental

Inventory:

Guts Holla (Scubacarrot)

Level 20
*Natural Respite*
*Dance*
*Encouraged*
*Hastened*
*Lucky*

Power:
(20+14)
(29 for ranged attacks
(20+9)
)

Health:
33/33
(7+19+7)

Gold:

Equipment:
ice-elemental

Inventory:
light-elemental

Hybros (JimButcher)

Level 20
*Hastened*
*Lucky*

Power:
(20+15)

Defense:

Health:
32/32
(7+19+5+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
earth-elemental

Inventory:
Wood

Mizuki Kimura (zakura)

Level 11

Power:
(11+10)

Health:
17/17 (7 + 10)

Gold:

Equipment:

Inventory:

Namyrra Uq (Quarryman)
***Party Leader***

Level 21
*Immune to Sealing*

Power
(21+12)

Defence
(5+3)

Health
(5+20+3)

Ether
(5+20+1+1+5)

Gold

Equipment

Inventory

Spirits
Darkness
), Raiju the Raiju (
Lightning
), Ni the Shrubbery (
Wood
Ice
), Clay Golem (
Earth
), Battle Angel (
Light
), unknown (
Fire
), unknown (
Wind
)

ava-nerwen.jpg

Level 12
*Immune to
Wind

Power:
(12+6)

Defense:

Health:
23/23
(9+11+3)

Ether:
16/16
(5+11)

Gold:

Equipment:
Wood

Inventory:

HeroicaRaven-1.png

Level 1

Power:
(1+3)

Health:
7/7

Gold:

Equipment:

Inventory:
Potion, Venom

headressnaga.jpg

Sarick Lanse (Xarrzan)

Level 12 ½
*Lucky*

Power:
(12+6+1)

Defense:

Health:
16/16
(5+11)

Ether:
16/16
(5+11)

Gold:

Equipment:

Inventory:
wind-
and
fire-elemental
), Opal (
Ice
), Topaz (
Lightning
), Sapphire (
Wind

Level 1

Power:
(1+3)

Health:
5/5

Ether:
5/5

Gold:

Equipment:

Inventory:
Ruby (
Fire
), Potion, Bedroll

ava-thothwick2.jpg

Level 19
*Damage Undead*
*Immune to Stunned*

Power
(19+10)
(27 for ranged attacks
(19+8)
)

Defence

Health
(7+18+9)

Gold
: 270

Equipment

Inventory

harkenshire_sig.jpg

Level 14
*Hastened*

Power:
(14+5)

Health:
19/19
(6+13)

Gold:

Equipment:
fire-elemental
, permanent
hastened
)

Inventory:
lightning
- and
wood
Wind

IC: De'kra clicked sadly, "I have little gold left, but I can give you two pieces. By way, what happen to rest of your arm?" The echo's eyes had changed to a green hue, even as he glanced at the hurrying mother and child. Any thoughts of squishy, slimy, eggs had left his mind as he watched them rush off.

Edited by Tanma

"They were faking it. I'm pretty sure."

Guts sighs as the 'former hero' approaches, he says bluntly:

"Never heard of any of those. If you were really a hero, I doubt you'd lower yourself to begging for change in the dirt. Bah, pathetic."

With that, Guts moves along.

IC: Towards Guts De'kra clicked, "Even if they likely lying, I would rather give what small amount of useless metal to them just in case. It not like heroes need gold to survive, heroes get pretty much all requirements from hall. Only reason for heroes to have gold is too exchange it for supplies to later missions and to upgrade gear. And I already have enough gear, at least base on other quests."

"I disagree, demonspawn. I'm not worried about keeping the coin, but giving coin to people like this breeds weakness and laziness."

"Cynicism is bad for the soul good sir guts. undoubtedly some of these beggars are making up their stories, but so what? They obviously need the gold. The entire point of heroica is to try and help people, the gold isn't much

but it's something." He hands the beggar 5 Gold pieces. He doubted he was going to be buying any enchanted swords after this quest but these people obviously needed the gold more.

"I feel bad for these folks, but I must agree with Guts here. The more we stop and give to the beggars, the more beggars are going to come out to stop us. We need to get to our destination and find the person who posted the notice for help. That is the most important thing for us right now."

"I disagree, demonspawn. I'm not worried about keeping the coin, but giving coin to people like this breeds weakness and laziness."

IC: De'kra replied softly, "I...can comprehend that logic. But if you cut someone off from help completely, they will die, which will be just as bad. And help others might inspire some to help in turn. At least that make sense to I. Besides, this person has no arm. And although I no expert in organic life, I think his time on Olegaia might be...not so long. It probably too late to affect his mindset anyway. And not to assume, but I would guess that what he can give best can give is information, not physical labor. No offense sir."

Edited by Tanma