Sign in to follow this  
monsinjor

LDD 4.2.5 keeps crashing

Hello everybody.

I need help. I am making a city in LDD (mostly my creations of things) and now currently I have 20 587 bricks inside.

The problem is when I insert now one of my buildings (of 1752 bricks) it crashes without any explanation.

I tried also insert 2 small buildings (2 x 679 bricks) and the same happens. Looks like when it pass 21 000 bricks it crashes.

I searched the forum and I saw that some of you have your cities with more bricks than mine and it is possible.

Today I reinstalled LDD, delete the Lego folders in ''app data'' and ''temp'', also updated my graphic card drivers but didn't helped.

Also changed the settings in Preferences...

Can somebody help me? I really want to continue to work on my city.

My specs are: Intel i3 with 8 GB of RAM, ATI Radeon HD6770 1024 MB

Thank you in advance

Greetings from Croatia

Dario

Chrusing huh, well you might consider not too put too heavy weight on it. (just kidding).

Do you also have issues with other software? I have it on my Mac and it works very well. It might of course be that an i3 is a bit slow for LDD, it is heavy software with a doubt, especially the bricks part at the left.

As you can see in my picture I have also used quite some bricks and that worked fine.

Hello Dario

This is a known issue, but 20.000 bricks sounds a bit low. Mine will crash with about 30.000. (I have roughly the same computer specs as you)

But it depends a bit on which kind of bricks you've used. Flexible bricks for example are bad, as well as large baseplates. Generally bricks with a lot of details (many polygons) would make LDD more prone to crash.

If you would share your model, it's off course always easier to tell if there is a problem with your computer, or if it's the model.

PS: I changed from "crushing" to "crashing" in your heading. :classic:

Hello

Thx for answering.

The file is 832 KB and cannot be uploaded. Tried to zip it but it is the same.

It is ''custom'' city but with some ''official'' sets (mostly vehicles) and I put base plates such as roads etc.

It is nothing fancy or great, just my buildings etc... made for relaxation. :)

I don't know if it is my computer, usually I play new games without problems on High Details (Prototype 2, Sleeping Dogs, Risen 2, Witchers, GTA IV etc.)

Where to put my model so you can inspect?

P.S. Thx for correcting the title.

You can use whatever you want to upload your lxf file, it can be DropBox, Google Drive, Brickshelf etc. Most of the people here use Brickshelf though, in this topic you can read a nice tutorial for uploading lxf files to Brickshelf :classic:

The thing is that I want to have it all together...

Doesn't matter how much separate parts to have. Do you think it is possible?

I have so much ideas now for city and I would like it to have it all together.

I hope it will work somehow. :cry_sad: