Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Forest II: Day Three

001.jpg

Baxter Bulldog (Waterbrick Down) has been working tirelessly all night. After some drinks and dancing at Gibson's Tavern, there's still work to be done.

"I wish I had a girl," Baxter sighs. "All the good bitches are in cross-species relationships. Isn't my tool impressive enough?"

002.jpg

Tired and a bit sad, Baxter Bulldog presses on. His job is an important one. Sleep can wait. But, what's this? Someone has left a juicy chicken leg on a plate outside the Village Hall!

"What's this?" Baxter says, "Someone has left a juicy chicken leg on a plate outside the Village Hall! I bet there's a juicy bone inside for me to chomp on when all the meat has been devoured!"

003.jpg

Baxter Bulldog inspects the plate for weird spikey things...

004.jpg

...but finds an anvil instead.

005.jpg

The dark figure chuckles at how clever the trap is before dashing off into the night, whistling Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture.

006.jpg

Meanwhile, down the street, another dark figure does a little dance to The Benny Hill Show Theme.

007.jpg

That's one wacky dark figure!

008.jpg

In the morning, everyone averts their eyes from the awful death scene in the Village Square. Nobody can look at their friend in that gruesome state. After identifying Baxter by his overalls, not his face, Marcellus passes his staff over the deceased bulldog.

Baxter Bulldog (Waterbrick Down) was a Villager.

009.jpg

...and the body of Carly Cow (Tamamono) is nowhere to be found!

010.jpg

Just as everyone begins to discuss what has happened, something falls on Ernie Elephant's nose.

"Water!" He cries, horrified. "Where has it come from?"

011.jpg

Rain falls from the heavens.

"It's my worst fear!" Ernie cries, rushing to Lazlo's side. "Hold me, Lazlo! I'm so terrified of water!"

"Raindrops keep falling on my head," Lazlo sings, comfortingly.

"That doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turning red," Brigit Bunny and Ralphy Rabbit join in.

012.jpg

"Cryin's not for me," Everyone joins in, "'Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'..."

And the day's lynch discussion is put on hold as everyone sings and plays in the rain. And momentarily they all feel free...nothing's worryin' them...

Day Three has begun. You may not vote during the first 24 hours. Please note the new rule.

Objective:

The Cultists win when they have outnumbered the Villagers, including any third-parties and the Villagers win when all of the Cultists are dead.

The Rules:

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Villagers or the Cultists. To win the game, the Villagers must kill off all of the Cultists, while the Cultists must outnumber the Villagers. Any third party player will have win conditions that are detailed in their role PM...
  2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. You may also proxy your vote to another player, using this format; proxy: Character (Player). Naturally, unproxying a vote is also possible. The player with the most votes is lynched. In the case of a tie, there will be no lynch.
  3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will not end when a majority vote has been reached. If there is time left, a majority vote can be over-turned. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage, or they will not be accepted, no exceptions.
  4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day, barring any interference.
  5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details and pictures of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
  6. You may not quote PMs from other players. Paraphrasing is allowed but no direct quoting. Please refrain from quoting PMs in the game threads and in private.
  7. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.
  8. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on. Violation of this rule will result in a multiple game suspension.
  9. If you are converted, you must accept your new affiliation. If it's proven that you gave up your new team after conversion, the whole game will be null and you will most likely not to be asked to play one of my games again.
  10. You may not edit your posts.
  11. You must post in every day thread.
  12. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host or co-host via PM. Please please please use only the confirmation PM I sent you to communicate with me. All new conversations regarding the game will be deleted.
  13. You must play on your personality quirk in every post. Some may be more difficult than others. Feel free to expand on the personality quirk you've been given. Be creative. (You have the first 24 hours to practice. Penalties will not be incurred on posts before voting starts)
  14. Violation of the above rules will result in a penalty of one vote per every four living players (1/4 of the active players list) on the first violation and death of your character on the second.

Some additional guidelines, although they are not rules that will incur penalties if you don't follow them:

• Metagaming is allowed. Go ahead. You all know how to identify it and how to ignore completely irrelevant information.
  • The pictures may or may not contain clues. They most likely do not, but look all you want. Wildly speculate. It's fun.
  • Using acronyms, especially tl;dr will cause major trouble for your character, perhaps even instant death.
  • Roleplaying is a good thing and it is encouraged in this game and will be required at some point. So get to know your personality quirks, they've been created for a reason.

You have all been sent a role PM in this format:

Format:

Welcome to The Forest II, a game of wit and strategy. You are playing ___, Springhaven’s ___. (a little back story) (a personality quirk)

Alignment: You are aligned with the Villagers/Cultists.

Role: You are the ___ which gives you the Nocturnal Ability of ___. Each night you target one player and ___.

Or

You have no specific Nocturnal Ability. Your power is in your vote and your brain, so use both wisely.

Win condition: You win when you have outnumbered the Villagers, including any third-parties Or You win when all of the Cultists are dead.

Best of luck and have fun! :sweet:

Any Third Parties may have slightly different role PMs.

Non-Playable Characters

00_npc_marcellus.jpg

Marcellus the Monk,

played by Hinckley

00_npc_firuz.jpg

Firuz Fox, the Alchemist,

played by Fugazi

Active Players (21)

becka.jpg

Becka Bulldog, Beautician, married to Booker Bear,

played by Rick

booker.jpg

Booker Bear, Garbage Man, married to Becka Bulldog,

played by Dragonator

brigit.jpg

Brigit Bunny, Florist, First Lady of Winter Haven, married to Lazlo Lion,

played by Sandy

cameron.jpg

Cameron Crocodile, Carpenter, married to Gilda Goat,

played by Rufus

casey.jpg

Casey Cat, Painter, married to Maurice Mouse,

played by Scouty

edgar.jpg

Edgar Elephant, Fisherman, married to Portia Poodle,

played by WhiteFang

ernie.jpg

Ernie Elephant, Dock Worker, married to Ralphy Rabbit,

played by JimButcher

gibson.jpg

Gibson Goat, Bartender, brother of Gilda Goat,

played by Pandora

gilda.jpg

Gilda Goat, Doctor, married to Cameron Crocodile, sister of Gibson Goat,

played by Quarryman

gordon.jpg

Gordon Gorilla, Lawman,

played by Scubacarrot

heidi.jpg

Heidi Hippo, Farmer,

played by CallMePie

horace.jpg

Horace Horse, Blacksmith,

played by iamded

lazlo.jpg

Lazlo Lion, Mayor of Winter Haven, married to Brigit Bunny,

played by TinyPiesRUs

maurice.jpg

Maurice Mouse, Dock Worker, married to Casey Cat,

played by Cecilie

mindy.jpg

Mindy Mouse, Accountant, married to Pancho Parrot,

played by Professor Flitwick

pancho.jpg

Pancho Parrot, Postman, married to Mindy Mouse,

played by Zepher

pennie.jpg

Pennie Pig, Schoolteacher,

played by Eskallon

portia.jpg

Portia Poodle, Grocer, married to Edgar Elephant,

played by CorneliusMurdock

ralphy.jpg

Ralphy Rabbit, Farmer, married to Ernie Elephant,

played by badboytje88

seamus.jpg

Seamus Sheepdog, Taxidermist, married to Shawna Sheep,

played by Dannylonglegs

shawna.jpg

Shawna Sheep, Lawman, married to Seamus Sheepdog,

played by Shadows

The Deceased (5)

petey_dead.jpg

Petey Panda, Fisherman,

played by darkdragon, lynched on Day One - Villager

bristol_dead.jpg

Bristol Bunny, Seamstress,

played by Bob, murdered with an axe on Night One - Villager

wallace_dead.jpg

Wallace Walrus, Lawman,

played by Masked Builder, murdered by a bear trap on Night One - Cultist

carly_dead.jpg

Carly Cow, Ice Cream Shoppe Owner,

played by Tamamono, lynched on Day Two - unknown affiliation

baxter_dead.jpg

Baxter Bulldog, Mechanic,

played by Waterbrick Down, murdered by anvil on Night Two - Villager

Wow what a night! So sad we had to loose Baxter last night. He was one of the 3 people who voted for me. But I would never want wish for this to happen to him...

It appears the scumbags have a janitor at their hand. That really makes me wonder about the cows affiliation. Did anyone find out something interesting last night?

Poor Baxter. :sad: What a heart-wrenching end. :cry_sad:

Only one person died last night, though. And it was the same MO as the killer of Wallace. That's rather strange. This means either there was again no scum kill, or that the scum for some reason killed one of their own on night one. :wacko: That seems rather unlikely to me.

Judging by the return of the Janitor ( :hmpf_bad: ), I wouldn't be surprised if the scum have a poisoner like they did in Spring Haven, so I guess we can't assume there wasn't a scum kill.

*snap* Just in case.

It is a sad loss for us to see that we had lose Baxter among our midst... Our thoughts are with you... :cry_sad:

Still, it is is obvious that the cultist's janitor is deployed to sweep Carly's true alignment away. We may not be able to find out the truth and we have to assume that Carly could be a townie, just to be sure that there are more cultists hiding among us instead assuming and giving ourselves the false perception.

I am sure there are other stuff happening last night. It has been Day 3... I hope the genuine and helpful townies are able to construct a pattern to formulate on.

I'm going to go ahead and assume Carly was the scum killer. Makes the most sense considering the lack of a scum kill tonight. Day Three and we're on a roll. :sweet:

When I saw all of this, I wanted to take a minute to review Carly's situation before commenting, but it was such a group decision (I don't consider it a bandwagon when everyone seems to have a good reason for it) that I can't draw any definite conclusions from it. On the one hand, if she was scum as we suspected, hiding that result keeps us from feeling secure in our decision, and at the same time it hides the potential guilt of anyone who didn't vote for her. On the other hand, if she was town, it makes us assume we're on the right track and jump to wrong conclusions.

In other words, we're kind of back where we were at the beginning of day 2, except we're also down a loyal townie through yet another bizarre trap. Bear traps and falling anvils? What is this, one of those documentaries I used to watch as a child, the ones where the coyote was trying to catch the road runner? :wacko:

I think Carly was scum as well. She went dead silent yesterday after the bandwagon had formed, and now the scum have swept her up. My theory is that the scum told her to keep quiet, to not give us any hints toward her alliance or any reason to suspect her. Then they hide the body, preventing us from gaining anything today. Or maybe they're counting on that theory, who knows.

Neigh.

Poor Baxter. He didn't strike me as particularly Culty, so my best bet is that the trap-killer is some sort of third party and not the Village vigilante. No Cultist kills for two nights in a row would be odd, so I guess Bristol was killed by the Cultists on the first night, unless - as Gilda suggested on the first day - we're facing a recruiting Cult. Did anyone spot any brown frogs? :look:

Let's hope the Cultists don't employ poison and we'll at least learn Carly's affiliation tomorrow. Unless someone has a better lead, perhaps as a result of last night's events, I think Ralphy's odd behaviour on the first two days may be the best thing to follow up on.

On the matter of this trap-setter... it appears Baxter's death was by the same MO as last night on Wallace (as others have said). This killer could be a vigilante that mistook Baxter for a Cultist, but he/she could also be a third party killer. I disagree with Becka, I think that Baxter was being somewhat discreet in his actions. I don't have any specific examples, but that is the vibe I got. All I'm saying is that the possibility of this killer being a vigilante should not be ruled out because of the mixed alliances of his or her kills.

Also, while I do believe Heidi is right about Carly being scum, there is a possibility that the Cultists can choose to use a certain action every night. Not all storybooks designate one specific killer each night, sometimes they are allowed to designate a (still living) member of their gang to perform the task.

Also, while I do believe Heidi is right about Carly being scum, there is a possibility that the Cultists can choose to use a certain action every night. Not all storybooks designate one specific killer each night, sometimes they are allowed to designate a (still living) member of their gang to perform the task.

Fair enough, but I can't imagine a scum would choose clearing up a body over killing another townie.

Fair enough, but I can't imagine a scum would choose clearing up a body over killing another townie.

Unless they can't kill. Two nights in and no apparently scum kill. Could we be that lucky?

no apparently scum kill

That grammar. Baaaaaaaa-d. :hmpf_bad:

I think Carly was scum as well. She went dead silent yesterday after the bandwagon had formed, and now the scum have swept her up. My theory is that the scum told her to keep quiet, to not give us any hints toward her alliance or any reason to suspect her. Then they hide the body, preventing us from gaining anything today. Or maybe they're counting on that theory, who knows.

Makes sense, it's true that she did go quiet, then hiding her body/alliance would put the scum in a better position leaving us with no lead from what happened yesterday and back to almost square one. :sceptic: I just can't see any other reason why any villagers would want to hide Carly's alliance.

I'm leaning towards thinking she was scum but for all we know, shes not even dead?

Possibly a resurrection? It's been seen before and is perfectly possible. It might have been a one off action or even a replacement for the kill last night?

Unless they can't kill. Two nights in and no apparently scum kill. Could we be that lucky?

Luck doesn't have anything to do with it. The question is, would our god be so cruel as to have a scum killer, vig, and serial killer at once?

Unless somebody dies today as a poison victim, I'm still positive that the axe is the scum kill, and the trapper is either a vig or a serial killer, and Carly was the scum killer.

Well if you ask me the kill wiith the big black cartoonist objects is the vigilante kill or the third party kill. The only scum kill so far has been the cute little bunny rabbit. At least that's my theory. Maybe the scum couldn't last night because they cleaned up the body.

Oh, poor Baxter :cry_sad:

That sounds like a very plausible theory to me.

I seriously doubt that. I think, as some of you have already said, that there was a scum kill on the first night. As for this night, it's harder to tell, the MO does seem consistent with Wallace's killer, but there is one minor difference: we never saw the trap setter on night 1, this time we did. But if there wasn't a scum kill tonight, it would be very interesting to learn who was blocked, so I hope that if we have a blocker in our midst, that they can find someone to trust with such information. It could prove a valuable clue. Of course, we can't assume for a fact that the killer was blocked, but it's worth looking into. I just hope the lack of a kill doesn't mean there was a conversion...

*squeak* (Sorry can't stop it :blush:)

Oh Baxter... :cry_sad: You were taken too soon... who will sniff my butt in friendly greeting now? :cry_sad:

And Cara... :cry_sad: You were taken... hey yeah, you weren't supposed to be taken! We don't even have any buildings that utilise janitors, so why is there one roaming the streets? :hmpf:

Well, I think we've established that the killer who uses traps is either a vigilante or a serial killer, but most certainly not a scum killer. So if the axe killer is the scum killer, then the question is - What stopped them from killing last night? Was anyone blocked? This could be a break through here...

Having said that, it's still possible - as mentioned - that the scum have utilised poison. Ne-he-heigh, a terrible thought. <munches wistfully on a shroom> Here's hoping that's not the case...

I seriously doubt that. I think, as some of you have already said, that there was a scum kill on the first night. As for this night, it's harder to tell, the MO does seem consistent with Wallace's killer, but there is one minor difference: we never saw the trap setter on night 1, this time we did. But if there wasn't a scum kill tonight, it would be very interesting to learn who was blocked, so I hope that if we have a blocker in our midst, that they can find someone to trust with such information. It could prove a valuable clue. Of course, we can't assume for a fact that the killer was blocked, but it's worth looking into. I just hope the lack of a kill doesn't mean there was a conversion...

Actually there is, look carefully in this opening picture.

I am inclined to think or believe that the whatever trap setter is standing on our side and I am thinking the axe killer could be serial or something.

I'm leaning towards thinking she was scum but for all we know, shes not even dead?

The collision with the bandwagon was described as fatal yesterday.

But it's too late. Carly Cow (Tamamono) lies dead in the road with a severely broken neck. If only she had heeded Firuz's warning and watched out for that...

Indeed, I can't imagine having their (designated or not) killer killed will prevent the Cultists from killing.

Well if you ask me the kill wiith the big black cartoonist objects is the vigilante kill or the third party kill. The only scum kill so far has been the cute little bunny rabbit. At least that's my theory. Maybe the scum couldn't last night because they cleaned up the body.

I can't imagine those being substitutes, unless the Cultists are somehow prevented from killing every night, but have to use another action. However, I think the most likely explanation is that the Cultist killer was blocked or had their target protected last night. As Maurice already indicates, having the name of the person who was blocked last night could provide a valuable clue.

As Maurice already indicates, having the name of the person who was blocked last night could provide a valuable clue.

But I guessed that the blocker will know if the results is successful or unsuccessful. He/she won't know much, right? I always thought that the opening scene might relate a successful block? I could be wrong on that. Just wanted to clarify.

I always thought that the opening scene might relate a successful block? I could be wrong on that. Just wanted to clarify.

I don't understand what you mean, the first scene seems to just be the trap killer waiting for Baxter to arrive. I do wonder if the scum killer had targeted him as well, would we see a scene with both of them in black?

I dislike relying on pictures for clues, but we were specifically told that they could be there.

I dislike relying on pictures for clues, but we were specifically told that they could be there.

Actually, it says they most likely aren't, so nevermind. :sceptic:

I don't understand what you mean, the first scene seems to just be the trap killer waiting for Baxter to arrive. I do wonder if the scum killer had targeted him as well, would we see a scene with both of them in black?

Relying pictures is normally my last resort too, but to be desperate for worthy clues, I will think the person behind the thrash can is the same as the shadowed figure today. If this guy is a trap setter, it means it is waiting for the prey to pounce the trap somehow, so I don't think it will have to be seen, unless otherwise.

Ah, been such a long time since we all sung together... :wub:

Shame about Baxter, and an even greater shame about Carly; it confirms that someone amongst us is feasting on animal flesh! I bet it's my husband! Or maybe his entire family is out in the woods somewhere! :cry_sad: Still, I think she was a cultist, or else I wouldn't of voted for her. :wacko:

We can't be too sure the cultists were blocked at all last night. What with the potential for one of us to be poisoned, the cultists all off feasting on anthropomorphic flesh, or the janitorial role being replaced by the killing role, we can't be sure of too much at all.

Certainly an interesting start to the day. The removal of Carly's body is rather worrying, I would agree that it is a clear janitor action, but the reason for its use is unclear... which makes it a wise move I guess. :laugh: While I'm still pretty convinced Carly was scum due to her lack of defense, this janitor action does throw some doubt...

As for the single kill last night, I would lean towards a serial killer due to the rather insane method of killing. It doesn't look like a town kill that's for sure, but you never know. The lack of a scum kill is worrying, although the theory that Carly was the scum killer does hold some weight I feel.

Grrr. Grrr. Becka my balls ache... with need...

Poor Baxter, what a way to go. He didn't strike me as particularly villagey or culty, so he seems an odd kill for anyone other than a serial killer. I'm not ruling out the possibility that it might be a vigilante, and maybe the vig had interactions with Baxter that led them to think he might be - who knows? Only the killer themself, obviously, but speculation is useful.

If we're therefore assuming that the axe killer on night one was a scum-kill, then that leads me back to wondering why kill Bristol? I find it hard to believe that the scum have chosen deliberately to not kill two nights in a row, and if Carly was the scum killer it is quite possible her action was passed on before the end of the day (on her death) so that action would still have been available to them. The fact that Carly, being the vocal cow that she was, didn't say anything towards the end of yesterday tends to make me still think she was scum, no matter the action of the janitor. Such a vocal bovine would have voiced her suspicions in an attempt to aid the town if she were townie, but she didn't.

The question is, would our god be so cruel as to have a scum killer, vig, and serial killer at once?

Yes, I think so. The possibility of limited shots for certain actions shouldn't be ignored.

I'm still not convinced that Bristol's death was the result of a scum kill, there's still a conspicuous absence of rituals or fire, and no sighting of the infernal fox last night either, which leads me to wonder exactly what the scum want us to wonder - what the hell have they been up to?

Information from blocks and protections should definitely be explored, and as Becka said, revisiting Ralphy's odd behaviour yesterday might be a useful line of inquiry in the meantime.