Sign in to follow this  
z3_2drive

z3'sTechnic Garage

is something like this possible in lego? I was thinking of making a sandrail or something with this type of rear suspension...medium not too large scale because I want to keep weight down for possible motorization...

TwoSeatMid-14.jpg

SandRailRear.jpg

is something like this possible in lego? I was thinking of making a sandrail or something with this type of rear suspension...medium not too large scale because I want to keep weight down for possible motorization...

I can't see why it shouldn't be possible... Using custom hubs with towballs, and the new lego wishbone this should be quite easy. It will be something like the rear suspention in the pic below.

1329321278m_SPLASH.jpg

For more about this car please see these links to Nathanael Kuipers fantastic cars.

Medium sized car chassis

Finished car on a modified version of the same chassis

Presentation of Kuipers cars

-ED-

Did you finished your crawler? It looked intresting...

lol...it failed because it was simply too much(four motors two reciever 4wheel steering just didnt work out), was good try though, and this will hopefully work, i'll try to keep it simple default_classic.gif

Just finished building a very interesting MOC chassis. It's supposed to be a large dragster type car with interesting functions. After reading Sariel's book (it helped loads) I decided to have a go at pneumatic suspensions. Of course, there's been better, but im pretty satisfied. Four-link in rear with large cylinders. Pump powered by geared up L motor, and drivetrain by two buggy motors-which again, would be nice if u-joints were made of stronger plastic, as I've broken two already :grin: front servo steering on a pendular axle with springs. when I lowered the rear axle and used train remote to keep driveshaft in one piece....let me just say...SPEEEEED!!!! *oh2* But try to keep it in a straight line or it WILL end badly...hmm...just like a drag car :wink: will post pictures/video sometime this week. hope everyone will like it :sweet: