Sign in to follow this  
Murdoch17

LDD MOC: Modern Railroad Bridge

This bridge can fit a 10 stud wide (with no overhang) trains. It clears the Emerald Night, my 4-4-0, my GG-1, and every other train I or LEGO have made... as far as I know.

Pictures:

1346174708m_DISPLAY.jpg

The bridge, without 44 of these new bracket parts for a single track bridge. (LDD doesn't have this part yet!)

13461747151_DISPLAY.jpg

Track-level view.

13461747182_DISPLAY.jpg

This bridge can sit on the plates from the underside, or remove the plates to sit on on of these rare river baseplates.

13461747193_DISPLAY.jpg

My 4-4-0 provides the width test, as it is 10 wide from siderod to siderod. (Sorry, it is not included in download!)

13461747214_DISPLAY.jpg

The engine has 1/3 studs on ethier side to spare. Not much, but how many 12 wide steam engines are out there? :grin:

By the way, the dark red bracket parts are only to show the width. Sadly, they don't exist in that color. :cry_sad:

13461759397_DISPLAY.jpg

These can sit side-by-side with no problem. Triple or Quad tracking is allowed, plus any number of varieties in length. (You have to modify the orignal model, though!)

98287.jpg

My secret component to the bridge is this new bracket. Currentley avalible in two sets: The mine, (4204, 8 pieces total), and Tipper Truck (4434, 6 piceces total).

LXF file is here.

Good MOC, simple but functional :thumbup: :thumbup:

Have you also decided to design the supporting piers??? :devil:

@ Wedge, No, not going to design piers.... sorry. it's meant to stay on the ground, but if anyt of you want to make piers, feel free to try, just make sure to mention me!

@ Kyle Johnson11, A "Run" on Bricklink? Maybe it'll be more a crazy-all-out-run-for-your-life-abandon-ship thing than a run. :tongue:

Seriously, I hope some-one benifits from all these LDD designs I make!

I like the design......do you mind if I take inspiration when I rebuild my rail bridge for New Mannum ? :classic:

Great work 'Murdock17' and LDD On ! :classic:

@ Lighning Tiger: Not at all! I would very happy if someone built this in real life, becuase I have not found the time / money. Therefore: I've added it to my LEGO 2013 - 14 To Do list.

It now reads:

1. Western 4-4-0 (Parts on order)

2. Expand freight train (I'll get to this next)

4. Railroad Bridge or two(After the above are finished, then I'll do it) :excited:

5. Buy more RC track (Not really needed, but it would be nice!)

6. Modular tunnels (This I'm not so sure about)

7. Tan / grey egine shed (maybe not, at least a year from now)

8. PCC Streetcars (These may be impossible to build, or at least possibly unstable.)

9. 1957 Plymouth Fury and my '60's Generic Truck (meh. Not sure)

10. Dark blue Doctor Who TARDIS. (HAVE to build!)

Overall analysis: Need more $$$! (Don't we all?)

I've got a lot on my plate, don't I?

Edited by Murdoch17

Nice design Murdock. This reminds me of the old trestle/bridge sets from my HO childhood. Looks like it would make a wonderful addition to a layout. Also enjoyable is seeing your 2013 To Do List. Thanks for sharing.

Looks just like the railway bridge down the road from where I live. Lorries are always getting stuck under it and buses.