Lego litigator

Queen Anne's Revenge

7873786492_f97f111ec1_z.jpg9247906833_b75f074fb8_c.jpg

This work is inspired by the most recent pirates movie. I already posted in the discussion forum but really should have posted it here. I had to buy everything on bricklink so its taken awhile to build. I'd say I'm about 1/2 done at this point.

QAR Gallery on Flickr

Edited by Lego litigator

Name your prize! :pir-wub: Thats just beatiful work so far!! Absolutly stunning! Now, get back to building! :pir-grin:

Captain Becker

This is looking very good, I really like the detail at the stern, you obviously know what you're doing, you must have some good reference material of the QAR, haven't you :pir-devil:

I read captain greenbeard's tutorial for help on the waterline and getting the hull shape right. Some great stuff in that tutorial.

Just updated the gallery with a few more photos. The stern picture is a bit blurry:hmpf_bad:

Although On Stranger Tides had it's flaws, I loved Blackbeard's ship. Can't wait to see this creation progress. :pir-sweet:

Lego litigator please only post your MOC's in this forum. I've removed your duplicate thread in the LEGO Pirate forum.

Having an image in the first post always to draw more attention to your thread... and ultimately getting people to view your MOC. An image has been added to the first post for you.

So how are things progressing?

9247906833_b75f074fb8_b.jpg9247914955_77303b9e14_c.jpg9247919641_fd328f71fc_c.jpg9247910567_86455b7a10_c.jpg

Last year, I posted some pics of a build I was doing of the Queen Anne's Revenge from the latest Pirates Movie. I wasn't pleased with the proportions of the build and wanted to use dark red bricks so I started over. These are some pics I took last night (After my 4 year old played with the ship a bit) of the newest build. I'm not satisfied with the shape of the stern but the front is done. This is a modular build and all of the decks can be taken off to see the interior decks inside. I should have it completed by fall but wanted to post some update pics.

Nice going so far :thumbup:

The level of detail is great, and the modularity, while not sacrificing design, is superb. Can't wait to see it finished! :classic:

Wow, after a good amount of time, there's an update! :) thought it was just another abandoned project, glad it wasnt the case!

I like many of the details, and the overall look, hope I can see it finished!, this is some kind of competition for me, since I am also still brewing my own QAR, lets see who finish it first :D

Beautiful work! My dream ship. How are you approaching the rear 'tent'? I thought Lego's approach on the set was pretty smart.

I'm using combos of 2X3 and 2x4 red slopes. You can see one attached in the photo.

nice work so far, I'll definitely follow this one to see how it continues