raminator

raminator's Castle Decals

Just started to use Inkscape for decal-creation and I thought it would be a good idea to share progress.

ccbfr01.png

C&C are welcome.

Ps: the torso is based on eomer's and the black falcon emblem is from classic castle

Edited by raminator

Just started to use Inkscape for decal-creation and I thought it would be a good idea to share progress.

C&C are welcome.

Always great to see more decal creators around here. :thumbup:

I always find it helpful to know what was trying to be achieved. Obviously a tabard for the falcons. :tongue: But what style were you going for? Should it fit in with anything particular?

I really like the bold lines you used, which will probably translate very well to an actual minifig. The falcon logo doesn't fit in with the the tabard itself I think. It doesn't follow the saggy folds and is to neat and clean for the bold lines used. Try making the logo and tabard blend more with each other. You can make the grey around the shoulders and neck more interesting by introducing waves, or scales to simulate chainmail.

Thank you for the tips. =)

I will add the chainmail in the next version.

Also I will try to make the logo fit the tabard.

For the Style...

I started some time ago to create >this<.

And now I want to create something that looks more like Lego.

Since I want to use a Tabard i took eomer´s torso as reference.

Thank you.

Edited by raminator

EDIT: hmmm triple post...

Nevermind...I did some progress with the torso. Added a chainmail for more detail and removed the middle fold in the tabard. The other folds are now 50% transparent to fit the tabard´s color(variation). Next thing I will change is the belt.

ccbfb01.pngcccr01.png

EDIT2: updated lower fold and belt. this time the dragon masters

ccdmgy01.png

Edited by raminator

Some more progress.

The render shows somewhat the evolution of the "basic" decal.

nckrendermini.png

Is there something missing? (besides a decal for the back of the torso?)

EDIT: hmmm triple post...

Nevermind...I did some progress with the torso. Added a chainmail for more detail and removed the middle fold in the tabard. The other folds are now 50% transparent to fit the tabard´s color(variation). Next thing I will change is the belt.

EDIT2: updated lower fold and belt. this time the dragon masters

I really like these. The colour faded creases are definately an improvement and removing the middle fold makes the chest emblem a lot more prominent, which is good, especially remembering that it will be shrunk to minifig size!

Imagine if Lego did a battle pack with updates of old factions like this! People would go nuts for it.

You should share them over on the classic-castle forum as well, people would enjoy them.

Edited by andhe

Thank you for your comments.

I will share those decals once i have done some more variations (mainly different belts and ornaments) and have finished the decals for the back of the torsos.

Another thing I might try is to create decals for the legs. But those are of less importance to me.

cheers

EDIT:

Meeting of different generations.

ncpkfoto.jpg

PS: I lag "free" minifigs so my new guys are all grey. :P

Edited by raminator

These are great! I must say, I prefer the versions with the belt over the fold, so it doesn't imply a big belly. :tongue: