Sign in to follow this  
Dammtuss

Cannons

Hi everyone.

Was planning on making a 74-gun third rate ship of the line, however, due to a lost of interest I never really got going with the project (you can see a part of it behind the 32 pounder cannon in the first picture). However, I did make these 12 pounder, 24 pounder and 32 pounder cannons. Although they might not be as accurate as other cannons out there (for example Teddy's brilliant design) I fell in love with this design, and decided to go with it.

32 pounder:

32pounder-1.jpg

The grey palm tree piece is ment to be in black, but I didn't have any in my collection.

24 pounder:

24pounder-1.jpg

12 pounder:

12pounder-1.jpg

The red wedges are ment to be in white, but didn't have enough white ones.

I began with designing the 24 pounder, which I really fell in love with. I then designed the 32 pounder cannon using the same concept, and think it turned out pretty Okay (not ok-ey) aswell. However, I'm not a 100 % satisfied with the 12 pounder cannon, and if I would have proceded with the ship building I would probably have changed the design of it.

More pictures are available here on my MOCpages and here on my Brickshelf. Thank you for watching. I'd love to get constructive criticism as it helps me evolve and become a better builder.

Edited by Wombat The Wise

don't think your 12pounder will move very well :P

The others look very good :thumbup:

btw, would it look better if all cannons are in the same colour tone?

In the first post he writes "The red wedges are ment to be in white, but didn't have enough white ones."

So the answer is probably yes, but due to insufficient inventory it was not possible to produce the third cannon in white. :pir-grin:

Well not without cannibalising one of the other cannons first....

32 pounder:

32pounder-1.jpg

Is that a MOC in the background or just a backdrop for display purposes?

Thanks guys for all the nice feedback. :pir-sweet:

don't think your 12pounder will move very well :P

The others look very good :thumbup:

As stated in my first post, and as Mister Phes so kindly pointed out, I would have loved to have the 12 pounders cannon in white too, however, I didn't have enough of the wedge plate... I also considered using another color then white (was leaning towards redish brown), but decided to go with the white in the end.

Is that a MOC in the background or just a backdrop for display purposes?

Well, it's a part of a MOC... Had a go at a crossection for the ship I planned to build, but the project ran out in the sand. So I'm afraid there ain't much more to show then what can be seen from that shot.

Regards,

Wombat

Thanks guys for all the nice feedback. :pir-sweet:

As stated in my first post, and as Mister Phes so kindly pointed out, I would have loved to have the 12 pounders cannon in white too, however, I didn't have enough of the wedge plate... I also considered using another color then white (was leaning towards redish brown), but decided to go with the white in the end.

Well, it's a part of a MOC... Had a go at a crossection for the ship I planned to build, but the project ran out in the sand. So I'm afraid there ain't much more to show then what can be seen from that shot.

Regards,

Wombat

No, you misunderstood me. I meant the grey gun muzzle of the 32 pounder, I think it might be better if it were to be in black. Since you can only see the gun muzzle from an outside view of your ship, hence you won't have a row of cannons in grey, then black.