Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Forest II: Day Two

Squeak

What was weak about my vote reasoning? It was certainly stronger than not voting at all. Voting is a tool. I used it as I saw fit and I'd like to think we got some results from it. Even though my vote didn't result in a lynch, the reactions to that vote were very interesting.

What's with casting ridiculous accusations at me? I had clear logical reasons for my voting yesterday. More than some bandwagoners that hopped on the Petey lynch. I still think that every single one of us should make an effort to contribute as much as possible.

What exactly do you think I did that's fishy?

I believe he was referring to Ralphy Rabbit.

What was weak about my vote reasoning? It was certainly stronger than not voting at all. Voting is a tool. I used it as I saw fit and I'd like to think we got some results from it. Even though my vote didn't result in a lynch, the reactions to that vote were very interesting.

What's with casting ridiculous accusations at me? I had clear logical reasons for my voting yesterday. More than some bandwagoners that hopped on the Petey lynch. I still think that every single one of us should make an effort to contribute as much as possible.

What exactly do you think I did that's fishy?

Sorry, I was referring to Ralphy. Pronoun mix up and all :blush: Your votes have had much more reasoning to them than his.

Squeak

I believe he was referring to Ralphy Rabbit.

And I'm a girl :sing::tongue:

Meow

Sorry, I was referring to Ralphy. Pronoun mix up and all :blush: Your votes have had much more reasoning to them than his.

WOOF! Okay. You can understand my confusion.

Neeigghhhhhhh!!!!

Don't think you guys especially Carly for accussing my wife like that. She is merely voting to point out the lurking threats and if I must note, I felt my wife had made an interesting observation about Wallace on Day 1. Just that we didn't manage to sense it and the majority just went for Petey instead.

I will need to gather my elephantic thoughts before I think who is much 'deserving' to get my vote!

vote tally

Carly Cow (Tamamono): 4 votes (Rufus, Professor Flitwick, JimButcher, CorneliusMurdock)

Casey Cat (Scouty): 2 votes (badboytje88, Tamamono)

It took a lot to read through all that, but that's what you have to do in this game of life, otherwise you make bad decisions without at least trying hard not to. I just don't see where Carly can justify voting for someone without even giving enough attention to the situation. That's a pretty scummy thing to do, or at least reckless and dangerous to this town.

That's enough for me to decide, unless something much better comes along later in the day.

Vote: Carly Cow (Tamamono)

*falls over on the ground*

Baaaaaaa-haaaaa-haaaa. Playing dead. So funny. Baaaaa. Humbug. :hmpf_bad:

Portia/Mindy's suspicions all make sense to me. There's contradictions all over the place, their reasoning makes sense, hers is laughable, etc. I was a bit skeptical, Portia, but apparently there's quite a lot a single vote on someone can be reveal. :thumbup:Vote: Carly Cow (Tamamano).

Moooooooo....ish....hippo noise.

The filthy, dirty, scummy cow (honestly, get a bath!) really dug her own grave. Maybe that's why she's so unclean in the first place... BOING!

Has your lust for my flesh driven you crazy? :look:

BAWK! I know my lust for your flesh has driven this parrot crazy. What are you doing later?

As for the vote against Carly... I don't know if I can see it. A huge scum tell, in my books, is how hard he animal fights for their life. Carly has really given up. Scum would never do that... though neither would a dedicated town member. I think that places Carly in the category of inattentive town member, which is what she claims she was.

I find the actions of BAWK!ka Bulldog. She acts as if we learned something by lynching Petey, but also acts as if we didn't really. She continues the trend that Petey accused of her yesterday - rehashing events without adding anything to what she's recapping. On top of that, she swung the vote towards Petey yesterday, while still making it seem like she thought Casey and Pennie were "more scummy". This could just be town logic, or this could be a masterful ploy by a masterful cultist. Killing a townie and "clearing" the names of a fellow cultist, be it either Pennie or Casey, while still seeming to not find the townie cultistish.

Any thoughts. I feel I need to throw out something, Carly's attitude actually strikes me as decidedly not culty, but I can't simply say "don't vote". Now I've got to dash! Mail to be delivered! BAWK!

Grrrr. Grrrr.

I think the choice today is pretty clear. We've talked at length about Carly and her rather bad choices thus far. Nothing she has said today makes me think she is worth saving, so I will also place my vote. I wrote it down on this piece of card I found in the rubbish. :sweet:

Becka where's that chilli powder? :drool:

vote tally

Carly Cow (Tamamono): 8 votes (Rufus, Professor Flitwick, JimButcher, CorneliusMurdock, Shadows, CallMePie, Sandy, Dragonator)

Casey Cat (Scouty): 2 votes (badboytje88, Tamamono)

Uh-oh, the votes are piling up way too fast to my liking... :sceptic:

Well, we'll just have to see how this ends. BOING!

OOh, ooh!

My love, may I ask why you think that?

Wrrrooof!

As for 'pro town' as Becka calls it, there's a difference between town and pro town. Pro-town means super townie, townie hero, etc. - someone who works hard for the town to get scum lynched. Did I say Petey was pro town? Nope. I said he was town. That means he was flailing like a duck with its head cut off, but he was still towntelling. It's interesting how Becka twisted that one on me.

I simply asked what the difference was between 'pro-town' (as you called it yesterday) and 'most consistent town read' and 'screamed town' (again, all your words). But clearly you mean something different by 'pro-town'. Talk about twisting someone's words. :sceptic:

Still, what really stands out is this...

I just don't see where Carly can justify voting for someone without even giving enough attention to the situation. That's a pretty scummy thing to do, or at least reckless and dangerous to this town.

... together with a point you conveniently ignored in my earlier reply to you. Namely, you pointing out Wallace, him specifically, as a 'lurker' yesterday, stressing today that you did so before Portia even voted for him - maybe because "a Cultist would never point the finger at one of their own" - while at the same time trying to get Portia to change her vote yesterday.

The lead on Carly is the best thing we have right now, so I will

Wrrrooof!

I find the actions of BAWK!ka Bulldog. She acts as if we learned something by lynching Petey, but also acts as if we didn't really. She continues the trend that Petey accused of her yesterday - rehashing events without adding anything to what she's recapping. On top of that, she swung the vote towards Petey yesterday, while still making it seem like she thought Casey and Pennie were "more scummy". This could just be town logic, or this could be a masterful ploy by a masterful cultist. Killing a townie and "clearing" the names of a fellow cultist, be it either Pennie or Casey, while still seeming to not find the townie cultistish.

Did you actually bother to look back at yesterday's and today's transcripts? I was the one to point out that Casey seemed to be subtly defending Petey. I also outlined exactly how we'd learn more from lynching Petey than from lynching Casey (even if he turned out to be a Villager, which he did) and have explained that again today. But, with those crazy frogs around, I don't think we can ever be sure about someone's alignment and I do hope one or more of the people involved in the debate yesterday got investigated last night or will be tonight.

Now can you please go BAWK! at the ones who really aren't contributing?

Becka where's that chilli powder? :drool:

Wrrrooof!

Where do you want it? :drool:

Neeigghhhhhhh!!!!

As what the rest have mentioned, I find your reasoning to be weakly constituted. At this stage right now, I believe this is the right thing to do, by voting forward now.

Squeak.

:wacko: Yes, one of those he voted for turned to be innocent, whilst the other was a Cultists... I'm not quite sure what you are trying to imply... This, along with your (as I believe you described it) 'compulsive list making' yesterday, is odd behaviour. Has your lust for my flesh driven you crazy? :look:

Well I was just pointing it out. Not Trying to get her lynchend for it. Oh and by the way I do crave your flesh!

Petey's behavior was odd and he ended up a villager. I'm not saying that automatically applies to me, but I should hope for a better explanation of your vote than this.

I voted for you since I find it odd you stuck up for someone on the very first day. I still think that's odd but we got a more pressing matter at hand. So for now:

Unvote: Casey Cat (Scouty)

For all the respons stated earlier.

fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap

*sqeak* Actually, the fact that the votes are piling up fast could be a sign that Carly really is a Cultist, because her teammates would want to jump early on her bandwagon so as not to arouse suspicion when we all learn her allegiance and start looking at voting patterns. It's different than yesterday, where the Cultists could try to appear Villagey by defending the Villagers on the chopping block.

In any case, the case against Carly is in my opinion better than anything we had to go on yesterday, and I feel like she hasn't responded well to her accusations, so I too will hop on said bandwagon and

at least unless she can provide us with any good reason why we shouldn't lynch her.

*squeak*

*squeak* Oh, by the way, have you all heard the story behind this statue of Diddy Duck, the flower loving Duck who planted lots of flowers here and founded Winter Haven?

Wrrrooof!

*sqeak* Actually, the fact that the votes are piling up fast could be a sign that Carly really is a Cultist, because her teammates would want to jump early on her bandwagon so as not to arouse suspicion when we all learn her allegiance and start looking at voting patterns.

Or it could be a sign that some Cultists are getting a bandwagon going. :wacko: I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. You sound like you already know Carly is a Cultist.

It's different than yesterday, where the Cultists could try to appear Villagey by defending the Villagers on the chopping block.

Villagers (plural)? :look: Again, do you know something we don't?

*squeak* Oh, by the way, have you all heard the story behind this statue of Diddy Duck, the flower loving Duck who planted lots of flowers here and founded Winter Haven?

Allan Albatross? Uhm... yeah, I was there, playing dead. Do you have mad cow disease or is there something more you want to tell us?

Wrrrooof!

Meh-eh-eh-eh-eh.

It feels slightly pointless to jump on a bandwagon of such magnitude, but at the same time, we don't have a better candidate for today's lynch, so here goes: vote: Carly Cow (Tamamono).

That being said, we do have a long afternoon and evening ahead of us, so we have ample opportunity for discussion about what to do next. Personally I feel Ralphy is more than just a little fishy, and I think he could do with some scrutiny.

Apart from that I'd like to get some input on what we expect to have learned from lynching Carly, both if she turns out to be a Cultist, and if she turns out to be an innocent Villager. (Apologies for being so slow and daft, but I'm an old goat and have forgotten most tricks I knew in my youth. :blush:)

*chomp* Sorry Gilda - I can't help but nibble you. :grin:

That's perfectly fine and understandable honey, I just wish you wouldn't do it in public so much. :blush:

Or it could be a sign that some Cultists are getting a bandwagon going. :wacko: I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. You sound like you already know Carly is a Cultist.

*squeak* You can never know for sure. It's just a theory from observing the difference between yesterday's voting patterns (where we lynched a Villager) and today's which will hopefully lynch us a Cultist.

Villagers (plural)? :look: Again, do you know something we don't?

No, I don't, I'm hypothesizing. If everyone being accused are Villagers, the Cultists can happily flip flop around and appear Villagey, but still get a Villager lynched. If one of the persons accused is a Cultist, I assume (I clearly need to emphasize this, since everyone thinks I'm speaking as if I know everything :wacko:) they would be scared to be seen defending said person in any way, should the lynch go through and the allegiance revealed to us. And this is what I'm hoping is happening now.

Seriously, if you have any suspicions against me, by all means, have me checked out in the night or ask me anything. Track me, investigate me, I don't care, I have nothing to hide. I am only trying to help us get rid of this evil, by forming my own opinions on what is going on. I sort of, you know, thought that was what we should be doing :look:.

Allan Albatross? Uhm... yeah, I was there, playing dead. Do you have mad cow disease or is there something more you want to tell us?

What are you talking about? I thought I said it was Samuel Seagull? :wacko:*squeak*

Carly, I find a number of inconsistencies in your statements, many of which have already been highlighted, so I won't repeat them, but additionally I notice this:

I payed extra attention to Petey in that that was the most important thing of the day so I focused my time on that. That means I didn't have time to read the rest of the posts.

You spoke a total of 11 times yesterday. I reviewed them all. The first few occasions were idle, fluffy, chitter-chatter speeches, but your later orations were a mix of strongly defending Petey (and we've already covered how amazing it is that you were able to get such a town read on him) and arguing with Portia over her vote for Wallace. References are here, here, and here. So, to me, you were either focusing not only on Petey but also what other people were doing, such as Portia and her voting habits (and thus actually paying attention to more than just Petey), or you considered Portia and her voting habits to be part of the whole debate about Petey. If that's the case then, as those were pretty much the only two discussions, that implies you were paying attention to the whole debate in its entirety.

Either way, you were paying attention. And now you say you were not. Which is lying, and I'm sure you'd be the first to tell us that there's no need for a townie to lie.

Without further ado, I Vote: Carly Cow (Tamamono)

Meh-eh-eh-eh-eh

Oh and it seems I'm now an accomplished accordion player. Cool. :grin:

What I find interesting is that the two people you voted for both got killed. What a unlikely coincidence...

It's been said by others already, but even I - with a stomach full of mushrooms - found this statement off. :wacko: I'm not sure if you're implying that Portia has the power to kill with her votes, or if you're implying she and her friends (Her scum team?) killed off the people she wanted dead? I don't see that making sense, as surely the scum wouldn't be dumb enough to compromise one of their team mates like that. Then again, they are dumb enough to walk into spiky death traps... :tongue: Either way, trying to implicate someone as suspicious when they're not is just odd behaviour.

*sqeak* Actually, the fact that the votes are piling up fast could be a sign that Carly really is a Cultist, because her teammates would want to jump early on her bandwagon so as not to arouse suspicion when we all learn her allegiance and start looking at voting patterns. It's different than yesterday, where the Cultists could try to appear Villagey by defending the Villagers on the chopping block.

This is a good point. However, I don't think the scum would be the one to lead the bandwagon, neigh, they wouldn't throw one of their own on to the chopping block. But as soon as the vote tipped in favour of one of their own, I'm sure they'd get a few votes in - as well as keep a few off, non-votes and votes for others, to cover all bases.

But moving on to the subject at hand - Carly Cow. I kind of don't want to lynch her - I love my milk and shroomies - but I suppose I can make the switch to goat milk, or hippo milk... :look: Let's just look at the points, shall we, because I have a hard time following things and I don't want to just 'jump on a band wagon' without fully understanding why I'm doing so. That's a stupid thing to do. So.

• Yesterday, Portia Poodle was pulling her 'vote for the quiet ones to get them to speak up' trick.
  • Carly Cow thought this 'voting for the quiet ones' trick was stupid, as all it would get are the quiet ones saying "Oh hey, I'm here. Don't vote for me." and that Portia's vote was more useful on a bandwagon, suggesting she vote for Casey Cat.
  • Portia explained that she didn't need to vote on a bandwagon to express her opinion - she could just say it - and adding another vote to the pile would be less useful than using her vote to get the quiet ones to contribute to the discussion at hand.
  • Carly gets a bit grumpy and again says Portia should change her vote from the quiet ones - at this point on Wallace Walrus - and on to the main bandwagon. Ooooh...
  • Fast-forward to today, when Portia brings this up. Now we know Wallace scumbag Walrus was a Cultist, it puts a new twist on it. Right away it gets people's attention (Gordon's, Brigit's).
  • Cameron Cockodile mentions how Carly was so quick in dismissing the lynch for Petey, as if she knew Petey was town - as suggested earlier, only a scum would know definitively who was town, and could use to their advantage to appear town themselves.
  • This is uh... this is pretty convincing stuff. I can see why someone hasn't done this big summary thing yet, there's another like 3 pages. Okay, uhm...
  • Mindy Mouse, Cameron Dickodile, Ernie Elephant and Becka Bulldog also cast a fair bit of doubt upon Carly Cow.

Then everyone plays dead, I have a magical little paddle around with my mushroom friend, aaand then everyone votes for Carly Cow for the aforementioned reasons.

Carly puts up a super convincing defence, and gets her udder in a twist, voting for Casey Cat without providing reason.

I may have missed it, and anyone please correct this if I'm wrong, but Carly hasn't provided any further attempt at defending herself. So, yeeaahh...

I'm pretty darn confident in this vote. Neigh! Nay, that wasn't me saying nay, I was just neighing. Neigh! And a whinny too! <noms on more shrooms>

Neee-he-he-heeigh, prbrbrbr! I forgot to add! A true townie wouldn't just give up, they'd kick and fight 'till the end to help out the town - it's the proper thing to do. I was thinking, perhaps Carly and her scum team decided it would be best to take advantage of this sinking ship by placing a few of their own clever votes against her, gaining ground with us townies. It would make sense - if they thought it would be easier than trying to overhaul this vote landslide, to simply go with it and solidify a few of their own. A risky gambit, but you never know...

Ne-he-heigh! Sorry my event recapping list kind of lost steam at the end there, it was hard to think with that damn catchy Jae-Sang Jerboa's song, Fabunam Style stuck in my head... Though it's a great song to listen to while chewin' on shrooms! :laugh:

Ok, I'm all caught up with things now. Usually I'd be more suspicious towards Gordon and in particular Pennie for jumping on Petey for such a trivial comment, but since they're both fairly well-established as the village dicks, I'm willing to cut them some slack. *Lazlo for Mayor: because he's not a dick*

I dunno, I know it's easy for me to say now, but reading yesterday's thread of life, Petey came across as a townie to me. He didn't seem to be as defensive as everyone was making him out to be, and only became so after his accusers were jumping down his throat. Personally, I didn't see any problem with the way Carly defended Petey.

Having said that, Carly's comments about Wallace yesterday do raise alarm bells for me. ROOOOAAAAARRRR!!!! Her first comment about Wallace strikes me as an attempt to distance herself from another scum partner early on in the game. But at the same time, she makes sure to pull back at the last minute in order to stop the suspicion she directed at Wallace from escalating further. And then there's Carly's attempt to nip a potential Wallace-lynching it in the bud after Portia's initial vote, but that's been discussed to death already.

I'm about to fall asleep. Before I do, I'd like to Vote: Carly Cow (Tamamono)