Mister Phes

Build your own Pirate LEGO Animal Battle Pack - FAQ

I would like to suggest a sealion. I think that it fits better in the tropical climate my pirates live in, than the walrus.

Dear Mister Phes.

Hve you seen my my post about adding a sealion?

I will add one more vote each to the walrus, hammerhead shark and pelican.

And that gets them enough votes to be added!

Walrus

Walrus-Smallfw.png

Hammerhead Shark

Hammerhead-smallfw.png

Pelican

Pelican-Smallfw.png

Mister Phes, I think you forgot to list my wild boar suggestion, does that mean it needs 5 votes or only 3?

Forgot no... Not got round to addressing your suggestion, yes! It takes time to do this you know?

Anyway, Wild Boars aren't really indigenous to the Caribbean and Americas, but there is a type of native pig called Tapirs.

Tapir-smallfw.png

This is what I thought of with a 'baby shark':

baby%2Bshark2.jpg

So, thinner and smaller than the classic shark peice, and probably with no opening mouth.

By the way, are my suggestions valid? Could I go and add them to my battle pack on the other thread now?

Also, don't we already have a small monkey piece, as in the Collectifigs one?

Edited by Flobnomdob

You should have asked for animals ideas before opening the survey. :pir-blush:

I think you should focus on animals recognizable by children.

You should have asked for animals ideas before opening the survey. :pir-blush:

Instead of delaying the survey for a couple weeks it's quicker to dive in and make people wait a day or two for their suggestion to be addressed.

I think you should focus on animals recognizable by children.

As this is an Adult Fan of LEGO Forum our focus is upon adults.

LEGO is also categorised as an "Educational Toy" so if there is animal children aren't familiar with, they can be educated through future LEGO Pirate sets. :pir-grin:

By the way, are my suggestions valid? Could I go and add them to my battle pack on the other thread now?

Each animal needs two more votes before they can be used, but you can still create a Battle Pack based on the currently approved animals.

Also, don't we already have a small monkey piece, as in the Collectifigs one?

We do? Please provide photographic evidence.

Instead of delaying the survey for a couple weeks it's quicker to dive in and make people wait a day or two for their suggestion to be addressed.

As this is an Adult Fan of LEGO Forum our focus is upon adults.

LEGO is also categorised as an "Educational Toy" so if there is animal children aren't familiar with, they can be educated through future LEGO Pirate sets. :pir-grin:

You're right, children need to be educated :pir_yoda:

:pir-oh3:

I want a hammerhead shark for sure, I wanted it years ago when I first got some Diver sets which already included a shark, white shark, sawfish and mantaray,

back then I simply wanted a hammer to go with my saw, for a complete kit :pir_laugh2:

It would be cool if they are in a new color, maybe dark blue, or maybe two colors, a white underside for example.

We do? Please provide photographic evidence.

Here it is:

95327pb01.jpg?2

Link to the part: Chimpanzee

It appeared in two of the collectible minifigures. It could probably be recolored and would make a nice addition to the animal battle pack :pir_laugh2:

Round up of suggested animals

Need 1 more vote

Baby Shark

BabyShark-Small.png

Seahorse

SeaHorse-small.png

Hermit Crab

HermitCrab-Small.png

Need 2 more votes

Flounder/Flat Fish

Flounder-Small.png

It appeared in two of the collectible minifigures. It could probably be recolored and would make a nice addition to the animal battle pack :pir_laugh2:

Why am I not seeing chimpanzees and Pirates of the Caribbean together? :pir-tongue:

Purposed Animals:

Falcon

220px-GoshawkFalconry.jpg

Jaguar

jaguar-plastic-f580.jpg

Thought they maybe harder to related to classic rum running pirates I'd think about adding the following to the list:

Gorilla

Lion

Zebra

Orca

Donkey

Llama

Elk

Moose

Deer

Buffalo

Water Buffalo

Beaver

Raccoon

Purposed Animals: Falcon, Jaguar, Gorilla, Lion, Zebra, Orca, Donkey, Elk, Moose, Deer, Buffalo, Water Buffalo, Beaver, Raccoon

Now might be a good time to mention this is a Pirates Animal Battle Pack, not see how many different animals we can think of.

The animals must either fit into a Caribbean/Central America or nautical setting.

So only Llama, Jaguar (which is already an option) and Orca (which is too big) are relevant.

Why am I not seeing chimpanzees and Pirates of the Caribbean together? :pir-tongue:

Haha, what I meant was recolor the head and call it a Capuchin. What does it matter that BrickLink called it a chimpanzee? :pir-classic:

I'd call for a new mould... A chimpanzee is an ape while a Capuchin is a monkey so physically they're a bit different.

95327pb01.jpg?2Capuchin-small.png

How about a seahorse? Or a baby shark? Or a hermit crab (Designed to fit into Hadras's headgear) ? Or a flatfish? :pir-cry_happy:

SHAZAM!

mire_crows.jpg

My battle pack would include

Octopus (5)

Monkey (3)

Capybara (3)

Parrot (1)

Parrot Brace (1)

Seagull (1)

Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind if the seagull was brick built, like the one in the creator lighthouse set

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Lighthouse-Island-5770

So many cool ideas. I'll have to submit another idea next week!

Mister Phes, I think you forgot to list my wild boar suggestion, does that mean it needs 5 votes or only 3?

Since your suggestion came before my 5 point announcement post it will only need 3 points. But the thread has slowed down so even that might take a while. :pir-grin:

Remember folks!

As we are getting a high number of animal suggestions,

all animals suggested after this post will require

5 VOTES to be accepted.

Is there really no one else who wants a sea serpent?

Note: As it came before the announcement and already has two votes, it needs just 1 vote!

Is there really no one else who wants a sea serpent?

Note: As it came before the announcement and already has two votes, it needs just 1 vote!

There was a brickbuilt sea serpent in the set 7018:

7018-1.jpg

Also something smaller coulb be built with the part 87745 I think.

I want one that is slightly larger than LEGO's raptor from it's dino series. Just the size that it would be five points and still small enough for a battle pack. And what part is 87745?

EDIT: I found the part. But I think that for a battle pack you would need a one-piece animal.

Edited by DraikNova

I insist on a salty sea dog. Literally a dog. He would be scruffy and gray, with an eye patch printing. Our pirates need trusty buddies for their trips!

dog%20patch.jpg

The imperials could have their own dog that is cleaner cut (maybe with a nice collar or something).

shepherd2.png

There was a brickbuilt sea serpent in the set 7018: Also something smaller coulb be built with the part 87745 I think.

We're not looking for brick-built animals in these packs... It's got to be an existing creature or a new mould.

Definately a Narwhal :pir-sweet: Some more rare animals like crabs and some new ones like the Capuchin

All animals you've mentioned are on the approved list.

So if you'd like to suggest an Animal Battle Packs, please do so in the Build your own Pirate LEGO Animal Battle Pack - Survey thread. :pir-classic:

I second the sea dog concept; I love dogs and dogs have a long history with ships. Also, a dog can be quite a formidable enemy at sea, since they have four legs to stand on and so have twice the stability.