Mister Phes

Build your own Pirate LEGO Animal Battle Pack - FAQ

Okay. Can I request a necessary pet accessory for the one-point list? Parrot shoulder bracket

t230.png

Did you design this element yourself? We probably should give credit to the designer if we're going to use it.

I think the serpent already has one vote, from AhabDarab (see above).

Right you are...

Sea Serpent = 2 votes

One more and it's IN!

What about a Mermaid / Man? I guess that is half Mini-fig but also sort of animal, I assume it would be a 5 point one.

I support idea of mermaid. It would be nice to get one half-minifig in the limelight accompanied by animals or accessories.

Edited by iammusic

Mermaid would be cool!

I support idea of mermaid. I would be nice to get one half-minifig in the limelight accompanied by animals or accessories.

Mermaid = ACCEPTED

For the jellyfish this part(3898) could be used:

3898.png

Good idea! But in an ideal world a new Jellyfish element would be created - maybe with tentacles.

Jellyfish = 2 votes

Also, you may submit one Battle Pack per week in the Survey Thread

That's great news, people have come up with some other fantastic suggestions since I voted. I was worried I'd shot myself in the foot by voting early.

I'm not sure you could do a sea serpent justice at this scale, much the same as you couldn't with a Kraken. Sea monsters in general would be excellent, but I think they would make better minibuild packs.

+1 on the jellyfish though

I also want the jellyfish. So that makes four!

Edited by DraikNova

I would love to see a narwhal - maybe with the unicorn horn in sand and a blue body and little beady black eyes :D

I also want the jellyfish. So that makes four!

Jellyfish have been added!

JellyFish-Small.png

I would love to see a narwhal - maybe with the unicorn horn in sand and a blue body and little beady black eyes :D

Narwhals are already on the 5 Point Animal list so use them as you wish.

As much as I'd like that capuchin or jaguar, I'd propose a pack comprised solely of sea life. So then:

Whale (5pts), Turtle (3pts), Lobster (1pt), Clam (1pt), Starfish (1pt), Jellyfish (1pt), Seagull (1pt), and the Parrot Shoulder Clip (1pt).

Perhaps the parrot clip could be designed to look like an epaulette.

Also, might I suggest a new 5pt animal-- A WALRUS!

Also, might I suggest a new 5pt animal-- A WALRUS!

You certainly may!

We need two more votes for Walrus!

Whale (5pts), Turtle (3pts), Lobster (1pt), Clam (1pt), Starfish (1pt), Jellyfish (1pt), Seagull (1pt), and the Parrot Shoulder Clip (1pt).

Please remember your submission is invalid unless you post it in the Build your own Pirate LEGO Animal Battle Pack - Survey thread using the following format.

Battle Pack - Totaling 14 Points

1 x Shark (Classic) = 5 points

1 x Monkey = 3 points

1 x Turtle = 3 points

2 x Seagull = 2 points

1 x Fish = 1 points

By the way, I think the sea serpent could work as either a recoloured version of the Ninjago Viper (which would be one point), or as a slightly larger new mold (which would be three points).

Also, I vote Walrus!

Edited by DraikNova

So could you please be more specific when you say "new or uncommon elements"?

Uncommon would be existing parts that aren't found in a lot of sets, like dolphins, starfish, jellyfish.

New elements being the newly suggested elements. I'm very fond of the idea of a turtle actually :)

By the way, I think the sea serpent could work as either a recoloured version of the Ninjago Viper (which would be one point), or as a slightly larger new mold (which would be three points).

You mean this element?

I'd think a Sea Serpent would be a bit bigger...

NinjagoViper.png

Also, I vote Walrus!

2 Votes for Walrus

Uncommon would be existing parts that aren't found in a lot of sets, like dolphins, starfish, jellyfish.

New elements being the newly suggested elements. I'm very fond of the idea of a turtle actually :)

Then be sure to include them when you build your Animal Battle Pack. :pir-classic:

Is Mermaid an animal? It's a humanoid species, I think. It's not politically correct to call fantastic beings animals :pir-cry_happy:

It's a mythical creature so therefore subject to interpretation.

Well, I'd like the serpent bigger too, but this would be both easier to make and wouldn't require joints. However, a larger mold could, if made correctly, be awesome.

How about a seahorse? Or a baby shark? Or a hermit crab (Designed to fit into Hadras's headgear) ? Or a flatfish? :pir-cry_happy:

I think, a sea serpent type Lego part is this, from an old prototype set,

Loch_Ness_Proto.png

visible at the bottom of this image.

Edited by Flobnomdob

Yes! Thank you! I love that sea serpent piece. Only it should be without the wings and in a different colour (maybe a different green or a blue). I also second the baby shark, sea horse and hermit crab ideas.

PS: Are you for the sea serpent idea too? If so, that means we've got three votes!

Edited by DraikNova

I would like to suggest a sealion. I think that it fits better in the tropical climate my pirates live in, than the walrus.

How about a seahorse? Or a baby shark? Or a hermit crab (Designed to fit into Hadras's headgear) ? Or a flatfish? :pir-cry_happy:

You'll need to provide an example of a baby shark because their size and appearance seems to vary considerably, but here are possibilities to base your other suggestions:

Seahorse

Sea Horse.fw.png

Hermit Crab

Hermit Crab.fw.png

Flounder/Flatfish

Flounder.fw.png

I think, a sea serpent type Lego part is this, from an old prototype set.

Something like that could work!

Yes! Thank you! I love that sea serpent piece. Only it should be without the wings and in a different colour (maybe a different green or a blue). I also second the baby shark, sea horse and hermit crab ideas.

Here is Playmobil's Sea Serpent - still has wings though or are they actually flippers?

post-273-13460799906736.jpg

post-273-13460798151725.png

post-273-1346079859581.png

post-273-13460798770245.png

I mainly browse but I felt the need to contribute to this thread.

Battlepack

Sawfish (to be swapped for proposed animal below ) 5

Turtle (guessing this is a sea turtle? ) 3

Parrot (recolor to blue and yellow macaw) 1

Rat (Don't you need a rat on the ship/island? ) 1

Crab or seagull 1

Monkey (recolor, maybe tan?) 3

Total points: 14

Two Proposed animals:

Hammerhead Shark - We have a normal and great white shark, I feel it's time for a hammerhead. Same body mold as the normal shark with a new head piece. Perhaps use a new shade of gray. I would want this in place of the sawfish in my battle pack. I feel this would be a great addition to lego pirates.

Pelican - I think this would be a fun addition to the lego pirate sets. This would probably be a medium sized animal.

Edited by Retrocity

Well, I would prefer a basic, smooth sea serpent without the wings, but I'm definitely one for historical accuracy and a couple of pictures of sea serpents have wings, so as long as LEGO makes a sea serpent, I'm happy. Also, I second the hammerhead and the pelican ideas.

Edited by DraikNova

I mainly browse but I felt the need to contribute to this thread.

Thank you for contributing but please remember your Battle Pack submission is invalid unless you post it in the Build your own Pirate LEGO Animal Battle Pack - Survey thread

Hammerhead Shark - Same body mold as the normal shark with a new head piece.Pelican - I think this would be a fun addition to the lego pirate sets.

Also, I second the hammerhead and the pelican ideas.

Another vote for needed for both of these:

Hammerhead Shark

Hammerhead-smallfw.png

Pelican

Pelican-Smallfw.png

As we are getting a high number of animal suggestions,

all animals suggested beyond this post will require

5 votes to be accepted.

I will add one more vote each to the walrus, hammerhead shark and pelican.

Mister Phes, I think you forgot to list my wild boar suggestion, does that mean it needs 5 votes or only 3?

Did you design this element yourself? We probably should give credit to the designer if we're going to use it.

I did, in fact. Sorry, would have replied sooner, but I got caught up working my day off. Hurricane readiness makes for wild business.

It doesn't matter too too much on the crediting. I had it in my head for a good while, but slapped the model together in ten minutes for this project. On that note, if you click that image, the linked website is something everyone should play around with. It's like free simplified solidworks in your browser. :pir-wub:

Edited by SpiderSpaceman