muscleman

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 9 Rumours & Discussion

Yeah, I didn't think so but it depends on the parts budget....

I think LEGO would do a new one. In most cases, they like introducing new molds (or at least new colors) with minifigures, and besides, probably a lot of people would be complaining if he had a gaville that looked way to big.

I wonder if that list is real.....sounds realistic to me, I wouldn't mind a judge, plumber, downtown cop and waiter.......but a battle mech also sounds interesting ! :wink:

A chicken suit! I should've seen that one coming. I was pondering what other humorous animal costumes they could do, and that one never even crossed my mind.

If there's no skateboarder or surfer, the list is fake.

I'm only into Sci-Fi and horror stuff, so the alien trooper and Mech would be the only 2 figures interesting me. But...

- Alien trooper: We already had a light green alien with beam gun, a grey alien with beam gun and a alien queen with beam gun in series 8. Okay, this could be a leftover of the cancelled Alien conquest line, but another alien sounds a little boring. If this turns out to be true, I hope it is at least not another Alien conquest figure. With the queen just in the last series, this would be lame.

- Mech: I really have no idea. A battle mech is not a robot or cyborg, but more of a vehicle. Big, walking machine, with a pilot in it's cockpit. So this won't make any sense as a CMF.

. . . - Mech: I really have no idea. A battle mech is not a robot or cyborg, but more of a vehicle. Big, walking machine, with a pilot in it's cockpit. So this won't make any sense as a CMF.

My guess is, as was mentioned previously, the list is just someone's interpretation of the minifigs and not the actual names. Personally, if I saw a robotic looking mini-fig clearly designed to fight, I would probably call it a battle mech, or at least something simmilar. :wink:

My guess is, as was mentioned previously, the list is just someone's interpretation of the minifigs and not the actual names. Personally, if I saw a robotic looking mini-fig clearly designed to fight, I would probably call it a battle mech, or at least something simmilar. :wink:

I agreed with this since first time you wrote!

Either, this list is fake.

We have uncovered a list of the upcoming Series 9 Minifigures due to be released at the start of 2013.

There are currently no pictures other than a picture of the box, but it is likely some will be revealed soon enough.

This series will have silver packaging and have set number 71000.

• Alien Trooper
  • Chicken Suit Guy
  • Maid Marion
  • Heroic Knight
  • Cyclops
  • Mermaid
  • Fortune Teller
  • Dr. Splitz
  • Roller Derby Girl
  • Judge
  • Battle Mech
  • Caesar
  • Downtown Cop
  • Plumber
  • Waiter
  • Hollywood Starlet

Unlike previous series, this series appears to have many completely new minifigures, rather then just changed genders.

Out of curiosity, where did this info come from?

If it is true, someone on another forum has suggested that Splitz could be a Dr. Jekyll type, one half transformed (like Two-Face). Otherwise true or not, some good ideas for future series.

• Maid Marion - Will this figure have the fancy, flowing headress from the blue-dressed figure with the mirror in Bourdon's sketch (row 2, column 5) or be more like the green-dressed fairy (row 3, column 3) with the flowered hairband (but obviously without the wings)

• Cyclops - I hope this isn't just a caveman with the Space Police cyclops head. Could this be a plan to use the Sponge Bob Patrick head with a printed single eye? http://www.flickr.co...157629339292514

• Dr. Splitz - I think the will be an orange oranguatan figure compatible with the Chima universe. Perhaps signalling a new faction for Chima wave 2?

• Battle Mech - This will probably be something similar to the star wars droid minifigs because the scale needs to be small. Not an actual mech suit that a minfig can fit in.

• Downtown Cop - will this be more like a plansclothes detective? Aren't there enough uniformed policeman figures already?

More thoughts....

Alien Trooper - I think the bubble-headed alien in the Bourdon sketches eventually became the transparent-brain alien leaders of Alien Conquest. Would be strange to have another lime-green alien so soon after the Alien Queen in Series 8. Perhaps this is a four-armed alien (like from Space Police) or maybe an insectoid figure as a preview for next year's new Galaxy Squad theme?

Maid Marion - I was thinking this would be a classic castle damsel figure but others are speculating this will be a redesign of the forestwoman. If that is the case, I will be a little disappointed because I would rather have a female CMF elf (in yellow) and there is some overlap there...

Cyclops - I can't imagine this figure being very impressive (unless there is a new big head mold) so I just want to say that I am disappointed there will not be a medusa (snake head mold and Serpentine tail) or satyr (new leg mold and CMF werewolf hair/ears)...

Dr. Splitz - Someone wrote that this might be a bigfoot/yeti type creature which would be epic! And probably more plausible than my Chima faction idea...

Judge - I think it is more likely that she would have a parchment accessory than a gavel but I would be happy with either (as long as a new wig piece was there along with the long graduate robe)

Battle Mech - I found some Star Wars droid references that I think would be similar to this minifig:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=sw359

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=sw300

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=sw312

Downtown cop - I like the speculation that this could be an English bobby or keystone cop (better than my plainsclothes detective)

This list still hasn't been discredited? Usually they have been by this time. Maybe it's not so fake after all...

All minifigs potentially interest me. I've been building an extensive Space society using the torsos and legs of Space minifigs but supplementing the heads, hands and hair of other figs. Here are a couple of guys I made using the 'alien' figures using the hair of the Mechanic, the hair of the 2nd Cheerleader, the face of the Disco Guy and the face of the Cavewoman.

post-5510-0-74317300-1351680837_thumb.jpg

So of course the 'Alien Trooper' and potentially the 'Battle Mech' are most interesting to me, but I definitely wasn't excited by the Mechanic until I saw how much I liked his hair with this character. I don't know what I want until I see it.

To me this list sounds exceptionally promising if true. Hopefully it wont be debunked!

Edited by Ardelon

The alien trooper sounds like it will be a preview for the insectoids theme and the mech makes me wonder...Let's just hope it fits a minifigure and isn't actually a minifigure itself. Very unlikely, but I'm hopeful.

I don't know what to think about this series not sure if I like it if im honest! Hope that they don't make series 10 a best of the past series as I try to get one of every series and will feel like I am missing some!!! :-D

Caesar and Heroic Knight soud pretty nice. Battle Mech does too, but it's probably just a robot. (Or, it could be something like Ironman, his suit is kind of a mech, right???)

Actually, all of them sound interesting, and I am kind of exciting to see what they look like when pictures are revealed. Anyway, I hope the Heroic Knight has a nice visor helmet, not one like the one the S7 Knight has.

A chicken suit! I should've seen that one coming. I was pondering what other humorous animal costumes they could do, and that one never even crossed my mind.

I wanted a Panda suit guy...

Edited by Lightning Dragon

If true, I'm guessing that:

- Dr Splitz is an Einstein-like character

- Fortune teller is the evil witch-queen from the tale of Snow White looking into her magic mirror

- Downtown cop is a uniformed New York policeman

- Maid Marrion is a female analogue of the Series 1 forestman

- Maid Marrion is a female analogue of the Series 1 forestman

That would be really cool. Better than yet another female royalty figure, in any case.

- Dr Splitz is an Einstein-like character . . .

If so, I hope he has the crazy hair that sticks up in all directions but in brown (Ninjago Kai's hair from the show).

Thanks!! Happy that unlikely that it was they wont do a best of series series!! Looking forward to collecting them all!! Almost finished all of them so far (still missing nurse, robot and zombie from series 1!!)

Somebody like Einstein or simply realistic scientist (not mad one from S4) would be great! This prediction makes the whole list sound true. About the surname, maybe it's something about translation? Splitz, splits. splitting - maybe something connected with atom splitting?

PS Just looked at my list created in september... There are Knight, Plumber, Judge and even something like Alien Trooper!

Edited by -GZ-