muscleman

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 9 Rumours & Discussion

Battle Mech? If it's real, then it surely sounds interesting...

Hoping for some useful Sci-Fi stuff.

Edited by General Magma

I have to say that this does look about right, even if the names are off. The judge and ceasar would lead credence to this list IMO, since ceasar is in the concept art, and the new knight would offset the Evil Knight in S8.

. . . As goes for most of this list, it sounds likes someones interpretations of what they've seen rather than an official list. As mentioned above Dr.Splitz is an existing character, as is Maid Marion (though probably in the public domain) and much likely to be 'Medieval Damsel/Princess' if it were to fit in with the current naming protocols (eg Ocean King instead of Poseidon/Neptune, Grandma Visitor instead of Little Red Riding Hood etc etc).

I agree, it strikes me that someone could easially see a generic figure and take it for a popular movie figure or such. Like the "Grandma Visitor", any ordinary person would say "Little red ridding hood".

Anyway, if this is true, some of these are sounding pretty good, especially the judge, ceasar, chicken suit, and knight. But a mermaid anf, worse yet, a fortune teller? :hmpf_bad:

I think the fortune teller could be one of the coolest figs if it is of the medieval/rennaisance era. Either way, it should come with a crystal ball similar to the technic balls inblack, which would be quite useful for orbs, lights .... crystal balls.

I almost bricklinked POTC mermaids this weekend. Whew!

If you cast your minds back to S8, people were sceptical of that list... yet it was real!

Right you are :thumbup: I think the conversation above explains it. Sounds like one of the best series yet, a heroic knight, maid marion, fortune teller, and ceaser should have lots of useful castle pieces :wub:

If this list is accurate, it could end up being the greatest so far for me. Maid Marion and Heroic Knight especially, but others are sounding really good too. Can't wait!

Well, if all that was seen is a picture of the box, it's quite possible this is just a case of choosing poor names for the figs. I really, really hope these are real, because it sounds awesome. I'm hoping the roller derby girl has another crazy 80s look like the Rocker Girl. And a chicken suit guy too. :grin:

Mostly the list is more or less believable as descriptions from someone who has seen a picture, but this Dr. Splitz... Space Orangutan just sounds like a really strange idea for a CMF, and what else could it be if the source describes it as Dr. Splitz?

If, however, this list is true, the series could become my most favourite ever.

We have uncovered a list of the upcoming Series 9 Minifigures due to be released at the start of 2013.

There are currently no pictures other than a picture of the box, but it is likely some will be revealed soon enough.

This series will have silver packaging and have set number 71000.

• Alien Trooper
  • Chicken Suit Guy
  • Maid Marion
  • Heroic Knight
  • Cyclops
  • Mermaid
  • Fortune Teller
  • Dr. Splitz
  • Roller Derby Girl
  • Judge
  • Battle Mech
  • Caesar
  • Downtown Cop
  • Plumber
  • Waiter
  • Hollywood Starlet

Unlike previous series, this series appears to have many completely new minifigures, rather then just changed genders.

Probably the only 2 that interest me.

...and if will be that the list?>>

Series 9 Minifigures has shown up...

Alien Trooper

Chicken Suit Guy

Maid Marion

Heroic Knight

Cyclops

Mermaid

Fortune Teller

Dr. Splitz

Roller Derby Girl

Judge

Battle Mech

Caesar

Downtown Cop

Plumber

Waiter

Hollywood Starlet

We have uncovered a list of the upcoming Series 9 Minifigures due to be released at the start of 2013.

I like to imagine what the minifigs will look like based on the old concept art by Alexandre Bourdon:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65553751@N03/7030349557/in/set-72157629339292514

• Chicken Suit Guy - could this feature the eagle/raven headpiece from Chima with chicken colors/printing? Could this figure have arm-wings like the manbat (only with feathers) or some of the new Chima wing-pieces?

• Maid Marion - Will this figure have the fancy, flowing headress from the blue-dressed figure with the mirror in Bourdon's sketch (row 2, column 5) or be more like the green-dressed fairy (row 3, column 3) with the flowered hairband (but obviously without the wings)

• Mermaid - I assume this will just be the PotC mermaid in yellow instead of flesh. Maybe a harp or some other accessory?

• Fortune Teller - Cystal ball? Some sort of Roma costume design? Maybe with Jack Sparrow hair with headscarf?

• Dr. Splitz - I think the will be an orange oranguatan figure compatible with the Chima universe. Perhaps signalling a new faction for Chima wave 2?

• Roller Derby Girl - I guess they won't be able to make skates with actual rolling wheels. :-(

• Battle Mech - This will probably be something similar to the star wars droid minifigs because the scale needs to be small. Not an actual mech suit that a minfig can fit in.

• Caesar - Like concept in row 6, column 5 in Bourdon concept sketch.

• Downtown Cop - will this be more like a plansclothes detective? Aren't there enough uniformed policeman figures already?

• Plumber - like the mechanic but with a wrench and toolbox (or pipe?)

• Waiter - white tuxedo jacket? with a bottle or glass? Maybe a serving tray?

I'm always skeptical on everything until I see pictures, but even then (such as Olympics) I was still skeptical at first.

But if this is the true list, I think there are some good figures on there depending on representation. The recent "trader or businessman" was a bit different than what people expected, so seeing a lot of these names could change what the actual figure is.

But I think if they turn out like what I have in my head, then this will be a really good series with some potential for army building (depending, of course).

I can't wait to see the official images then.

Not sure whether to believe this... but if Lego does make a battle mech minifig, I want it to be a tokusatsu-style giant humanoid robot, so I can have it fight my lizard-suit guy over the wreckage of a microscale city.

This list sounds better than series 8 to me. Caesar could easily end up beining roman citizen, a roman leader/emperor or a Roman general/centurion. Downtown cop does not interest me, another Americain based policeman. I really like the sound of the battle mech.

Real or fake, only time will tell. I am only more than just glad to see the CMF series continue and with the new 'speculated' listing above, I will tend to think that the namings above are only for reference to associate them to the closest released design since these namings are not official terms by TLG.

If true, I'll defintiely be getting a Caesar, Knight and Maid Marion figure. Possibly the Battle Mech, Alien, Judge and Fortune Teller too, depending on the final look.

I could see the plumber coming with the same toolbox as the mechanic but in a new color, light grey maybe. Maybe a pipe wrench (new mold or a re-do of the old pipe wrench). Or maybe a plunger piece.

The judge could be interesting especially if it does come with the much-wanted judges wig.

Downtown Cop sounds interesting, always need more variety in my police force :)

I wish they would do more musicians (with more instruments) though :(

Edited by jonwil

Some good stuff coming if this list is correct.

Some thoughts:

• Alien Trooper: This might be another Alien Conquest guy, but in that concept art there's a Mars Attacks/50's b-movie style invader. It'd be very cool to get one like that.
  • Maid Marion: I wonder if this will be a version that goes around being a bandit with robin. That'd be more interesting than a damsel in distress.
  • Heroic Knight: Possably to go with the black knight? Maybe he'll look like Graham chapman..
  • Cyclops: To go with the Minotaur I'd guess. (Where's Odysseus got to?)
  • Mermaid: Maybe they'll be cheeky and give her red hair.
  • Fortune Teller: Crystal ball or tarot cards?
  • Dr. Splitz: A miss-identified Bigfoot?
  • Judge: Wonder if there's enough in the parts budget for a new hammer/gavel?
  • Battle Mech: Maybe this guy is a robot buddy for the Space Marine? That would be GREAT.
  • Caesar: Biggus Bricckus?
  • Plumber: I hope they'll be cheeky here too and give him a red/green hat and overalls and a 'stach.
  • Waiter: With a 1x1 round tile as wafer thin mint?

Can't think of any lame jokes for the other two. :sceptic:

Edited by Naggarok