muscleman

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 9 Rumours & Discussion

Hair piece on Hollywood Starlet

I wonder if that hair mold is the one Dolores Umbridge used? The ends on this one look more fluffy though

Edited by Otherworld

"Just a little teaser of the upcoming Minifigures Series 9! Check back 12/3 for a better look ;)"

One more week to wait..

series_9.jpg

I've seen these just a few minutes ago on the LEGO official Facebook page, and almost had a heart attack.

I ran here to post them, but looks like I was outspeeded LOL.

Edited by Lucanik-san

Mech's color scheme is a turn down.

Actually, if trooper is really white (not sure if it is just the bad picture filter or not), then I'll be relieved. Because series 9, like series 6 or 3 is probably not going to come town because of its release timing. Relieved because none of the pictures is really looking must-have.

Edited by vexorian

White trooper! I wonder what logo/imprint will be on the chest or arm :) It'd be pretty cool to see the old space logo there.

The "Space Marine" and "Battle Mech" look very similar from the back side. Are they supposed to go together? They might serve as sort of a hook to get people to buy the Galaxy Squad sets. The photos of Galaxy Squad look like there is a similar concept of battle mech figs going along with the troopers (or do they go with the alien guys?).

I think they alleged "Alien Trooper" is NOT white - it's a bad colour filter. It looks to be the dark stone grey colour with lime arms - basically the same figure we got a poor "review" of a few weeks ago. The printing also appears to be on the shoulder pads.

looking through the pictures of the Galaxy Squad robot minifigures (the ones that show the backs of the heads), I think I can safely say that the CMF mold is a new one.

I'm really excited about that the Heroic Knight has the movable visor helmet! This is going to be awesome! Can't wait to see their front sides now.

Oh... I can't wait to see the minifigs from the front.

They all looks very nice, I can se how they will fit in my lego town.

The starlet will be a very nice figure to the next modular (if it's true that it's a cinema)

Oh, not one, not two, but three printed dresses in this series! Great news for my collection. :grin:

Looks promising, despite the crappy quality of the photos. The only one that looks like it'll be a huge disappointment is the rollerskate girl. Those rollerskate pieces look weird.. Not that I know how else they could've really done it, but it looks far less impressive than I'd hoped.

These look pretty good, even if they're using weird effects and all from the back. :tongue: The female archer's (I hesitate to call her an elf, I see no ears) hair looks great.

These look pretty good, even if they're using weird effects and all from the back. :tongue: The female archer's (I hesitate to call her an elf, I see no ears) hair looks great.

It seems the "female archer" is, in fact, Maid Marion... :wink:

As an aspiring actor the Hollywood Starlet is a must have and I am loving that new hairpiece!! And the Cyclops and Mermaid, and Ceasar look fantastic! Oh and the Fortune Teller and the Judge!

Edited by GuntherThePenguin

It seems the "female archer" is, in fact, Maid Marion... :wink:

I still doubt that's the official name.

I still doubt that's the official name.

Yeah, I guess it could be different - forest lady? :tongue:

Edited by Kai NRG

Nice looking. But my excitement has dummed down because of Series 10 pics.

EDIT: Just remembered. My friend is such a liar. Sorry for getting you all excited about those descriptions, guys.

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

Tough to tell for sure, but I THINK the Heroic Knight has the new sword mold from the later Kingdoms chess sets. Doesn't seem as long or pointy as the greatsword, and the hilt looks a little taller, too.

Tough to tell for sure, but I THINK the Heroic Knight has the new sword mold from the later Kingdoms chess sets. Doesn't seem as long or pointy as the greatsword, and the hilt looks a little taller, too.

I thought the same thing. Can't wait to see this one. I'm very pleased with the helmet choice as well. Man I wonder what the shield and armor will look.

Yeah, I guess it could be different - forest lady? :tongue:

Probably. I'm just basing it on the fact that the Series 1 Forestman wasn't called Robin Hood, even though he may as well could have been. :laugh:

I wonder what kind of a dress the Forest Woman will wear, actually. A full-length gown isn't the most convenient thing to wear on a hunting trip, after all. :tongue:

The dress should have a slit in it, at least, but how would they portray that in a print?

EDIT: Just remembered. My friend is such a liar. Sorry for getting you all excited about those descriptions, guys.

-Sci

I think we've learned to take any news without verified pictures with a grain of salt by now. :wink:

This is nice & what I've always said Lego should do - tease the release. Maybe next time post the accesories to tease the figures.

I agree - have always said revealing one figure a week would draw out the excitement but hadn't thought about releasing parts at a time - perhaps legs first as the least revealing? I think the accessories would probably be the most obvious part.

---

I think the figures in costumes are always good fun so the Chicken Man is very welcome and I feel Lego has done a god job with this. I also quite like figures representing occupations like the waiter, cop and plumber - hoping to see more of these, including a carpenter with saw, a hairdresser and a hotel bellhop.

Love the range of hairstyles we have nowadays so the Hollywood Starlet and Maid Marion figures will be useful. Dr Splitz is a nice addition to the Monster Fighters concept. I do like a good Victorian-era MOC.

I knew a Casear and a Judge would appear at some point. However, still disappointed no musicians and no real sports figures (although the skater i suppose could be included here).

What do people who 'army build' do with these armies and how many figures constitute an army?

What do people who 'army build' do with these armies and how many figures constitute an army?

I actually bought max 30x of a minifig, it was the evil knight, though I bought 20 romans, 20 elves, 20 dwarves and so on.

Now I will buy at max 20x of some minifig.

Well played Lego, well played :)

They have managed to keep this under wraps and release piccys on their terms.

Starting to really like the battle mech, judge (cool hair), and female archer.

Bring on next week!

(can anyone tell what the cop is holding?)