muscleman

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 9 Rumours & Discussion

1) Do they conceal the pictures more because it's the theme with more hype over all? If it is well we can expect a lot of more waves of minifigures!

I think there are a couple of factors here:

1. Part of the CMF appeal is not knowing what you will get or which figures they will come up with next, and TLG is playing to this.

B. The other lines (TMNT, Chima, etc) will sell based off the set and figure design themselves, so releasing images builds up demand. For existing lines (SW) the demand is already there, so it may be more of a bonus for fans.

3. Unlike other lines, the set packaging can be released without giving anything away.

A so called "friend of mine" claims to have seen the minifigs in a retailer catalog:

Hollywood Starlet - Red dress, blond Intergalactic Girl hair, golden award

Cyclops - Sand blue, club, loin cloth, bald.

Maid Marion - Olive dress, dark red torso white arms (odd to me), dark red short cape, Marion (Indiana Jones) hair.

Roller Skater Girl - Jeans, rollerblades, and helmet hair.

Ceaser - New hairpiece, red armor, sleeveless, boots, skirt, sword.

Fortune Teller - "I also don't remember much from her. Looked like a gypsie. And had an orb."

Plumber - Overalls, hat, plunger (What about that "Series 9" figure on the calender?)

Downtown Cop - "Yuck, he's just like a copy of that other cop in Series 2."

Waiter - Dish, glass, tuxedo, mustache. (heh, rhymes)

Mermaid - Seashell bra, tail, Elsa (Indiana Jones) hair in brown

Judge - Graduate cloak, new hair and new mallet.

Battle Mech - "He is a robot sort of thing...Blue-shaded .He's meant to go with the Galaxy Patrol."

Heroic Knight - Blue arms, same helmet as Evil Knight, silver armor.

Some of these (especially Maid Marion) sound very unreal, but I can't confirm until we have pictures.

-Sci

Heroic Knight - Blue arms, same helmet as Evil Knight, silver armor.

Some of these (especially Maid Marion) sound very unreal, but I can't confirm until we have pictures.

No, I can't believe the heroic knight has the same helmet...

Silver and Blue Heroic Knight colors sound good, but I could do without that helmet. Ah well, at least it's a bit different. We haven't gotten that helmet in silver before.

Ceasar sounds pretty great.

Could this "friend" of yours confirm or deny that the Alien Trooper we've seen is the real deal? Some people are still skeptical.

Edited by Graysmith

Could this "friend" of yours confirm or deny that the Alien Trooper we've seen is the real deal? Some people are still skeptical.

He says it's the same with a black Alien Conquest pistol.

-Sci

No, I can't believe the heroic knight has the same helmet...

Same here. That helment does not look like it would work for an evil knight by any stretch of the imagination. I don't think it's ever been used like tha before either. I guess it's not totally impossible, but I'll be skeptic about that one until I see it.

And why in the world would maid marion have a short cape? I could believe just about everything else. Can't wait for pictures though!

Pictures of Legends of Chima

Pictures of TMNT

Pictures of Galaxy Squad

Pictures of SW 2013

Pictures of Friends 2013

NO pictures of Collectible Minifigures 9

2 questions:

1) Do they conceal the pictures more because it's the theme with more hype over all? If it is well we can expect a lot of more waves of minifigures!

2) Series 3 and 4 pictures come along all together, so did series 6 and 7. Do you believe that pictures of series 9 will spawn together with pictures of series 10?

The minifig pics we have seen have been almost exclusively from boxed sets. TMNT, GS, Chima, etc. the Minifigs from the boxed sets are produced in the European factory's. Mainly Hungary and the Czech Republic. That seems to be where the leak is coming from.

Whereas the CMF's are made in China. That factory does not seem to have leaked yet. (Note we also have not seen e-bay pics of some of the more specialized box set molds, such as the TMNT Krang brain thing and the Crash Bandicoot type villain. Which would also be coming from China.)

Interesting.

If you're friend saw the Minifig, why not take a pic?

I suppose they might not have a camera...

Anyways, as to the list, I would say that most of it sound feasable, except (as others already said) the Heroic Knight and Maid Marion.

I mean, possible, but doesn't sound to likely.

Sounds pretty believable. Can you ask him what color the Mech was?

...Battle Mech - "He is a robot sort of thing...Blue-shaded .He's meant to go with the Galaxy Patrol."...

-Sci

Blue-shaded. :wink:

If it's not to much to ask could you ask your friend to go back and take a picture? I reckon the guy in the calender was just that - A minifig in the background or possibly series 10?

Wish TLC would make a knight with gothic armour. I love the gothic sallet(helmet)and think it would look so cool in a collectible minifigure. Those evil knight helmets are too boring and now in silver, meh.

Downtown Cop - "Yuck, he's just like a copy of that other cop in Series 2."

What?? That Downtown Cop is just a copy of the Series 2 Traffic Cop, btw if he has a baton and wears a black uniform?

Hollywood Starlet - Red dress, blond Intergalactic Girl hair, golden award

Battle Mech - "He is a robot sort of thing...Blue-shaded .He's meant to go with the Galaxy Patrol."

8204803542_6aa98af920_c.jpg

I imagine 'blue shaded' will be the colour of the figures in these images.

Also, who else thinks we will be seeing the 'golden award' in silver and bronze... assuming it is different from the one we have already seen.

Edited by David Thomsen

Well as odd as some of those sound, I actually think I will be getting multiples of quite a few then. The cyclops is actually towards the top of my list surprisingly. The Maid Marion has some odd color choices, but I welcome more olive green. Hopefully there won't be too much yellow on the torso and I can use it for the LOTR elves. Definitely pick up multiple Caesers, although I wasn't expecting that description I guess. The judge with a new hairpiece, could it finally be the wig!! And a Heroic knight sounds promising. I don't care for the helmet much, but the color scheme sounds awesome. I wonder what his shield emblem will be?

Thanks for the list. Hopefully pictures will follow soon to confirm/deny.

Hopefully there won't be too much yellow on the torso and I can use it for the LOTR elves.

You can always say the yellow parts being a yellow shirt under the clothes. And it works vica versa :classic:

As for the cyclops, am I the only who thinks that sand blue is a little odd? Of course we don't know the "exact" color of a mythologycal creature, but why some brown/yellow or rahter green? Blue is funny colour for skin - unless you are a smurf.

As for the cyclops, am I the only who thinks that sand blue is a little odd? Of course we don't know the "exact" color of a mythologycal creature, but why some brown/yellow or rahter green? Blue is funny colour for skin - unless you are a smurf.

Sand Blue isn't so strange. The Cave troll from the Harry Potter line was sand blue. I'm picturing the cyclops as a miniature version of him.

The cave troll from the LOTR line is also sand blue...

As for the "Golden Award" for the Hollywood Starlet, my money's on it being just another pearl gold (or maybe even chrome gold) statuette piece like what was in the soccer player, Karate dude, etc CMFs...

If the Combat Robot is light blue, like the Galaxy Squad ones, I'll probably be getting several.

I also really like the look of the alien commando dude as well, and the two-faced mad scientist would make a nice Chaos Mutant, and I'll definitely get the cyclops as well.

About maid marian/marion:

post-26979-0-92650300-1353681462_thumb.jpg

That's on the second row of GIS results. So the description sounds fine to me.

It seems like I guessed right on the Cyclops and the fortune teller. Spoooky! :laugh:

Not gunna lie, I will be really disappointed if the Hollywood Starlet doesn't have a new hairpiece. I thought that that fig for sure would be the greatest way to get some new hairpieces.....

It seems strange for LEGO to release a figure similar to those from one theme and even using the same colorscheme (in this case, the mech).

never mind

Edited by Yooha

never mind

So fast? I was going to say...

:laugh::laugh_hard::rofl: clicky!

Èxcept with the link that time.