muscleman

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 9 Rumours & Discussion

"To join the Galaxy Patrol, you’ve got to be as tough as space-nails, able to resist the mind-control powers of a Pluuvian Brain-Beast, and capable of holding your breath in vacuum for at least 42 quarkoids. Most recruits wash out, but the ones that are left are the best of the best, ready to defend the universe from interstellar threats of any and every kind – no matter how many eyes, claws and tentacles they may have!" Nothing in there about what species you have to be. Alien trooper can be in it too.

These both look great, looking forward to this series! :classic:

Glad to see it's confirmed. While I'm glad to have a trans-clear flask, I'm not too excited for Dr. Splitz. The Alien Trooper however, if it's real, is my favorite fig EVAH :moar:! It's lime, always a good thing in my book and it has the awesome Galaxy Patrol armor in bley (a color I'm using for a Sci-Fi concept). The only thing I don't like is the bronze printing on the shoulder armor, which restricts it's use. If it's common, that won't even be an issue however, as I will use alcohol to remove that on some of my figs.

Dr. Jekyll looks great, glad to have him included in the monster roster. It's also great to have the flask in another color. The trans-lime flask is getting quite common...

Now that the list has some credibility behind it, I have to say I'm looking forward to the medieval figs (knight and maiden) as well as the fortune teller, the roman emperor and the cyclops. It's intriguing to see how they've made the starlet look... Also good to see that there's apparently at least five female figs in the series again. :thumbup:

Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde supposed to have a reversible face. One is the normal face that has evil expression and the other one has two-face.

Edited by JeagerEX

Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde supposed to have a reversible face. One is the normal face that has evil expression and the other one has two-face.

Really? It would be cool for him to have a double-sided head! :thumbup:

Really? It would be cool for him to have a double-sided head! :thumbup:

Yeah I sure hope so! :sweet:

Awesome :thumbup:

That would look a lot better than that preliminary (I hope) picture where both are on the same side!

Alien trooper and Dr. Splits are great. :drool:

What are you talking about :wacko: it's impossible since he wears top hat witch doesn't cover back of is head. Is this information confirmed or is it just wishful thinking like in your topic about reapperance of old CMFs :facepalm:

That would look a lot better than that preliminary (I hope) picture where both are on the same side!

Nope it's final version (like the pirate last time). Lego woldn't put preliminary version in their official magazine.

Edited by Krulis

Eh :wacko: , it's impossible since he wears top hat witch doesn't cover back of is head.

Indeed. I suspect JeagerEX was trying to express a simple speculation but again happened to use a statement as if there was something to back up his claim. Things like that can happen on multilanguage boards.

. . . What are you talking about :wacko: it's impossible since he wears top hat witch doesn't cover back of is head. Is this information confirmed or is it just wishful thinking like in your topic about reapperance of old CMFs :facepalm: . . .

Are you sure every minifig with double-sided heads have had long hats?

Edit: (I agree that it's probably not true, just wondering.)

Edited by Kai NRG

In case of series 8 the timeline was the following:

List of names - 16 June

Pictures - 13 July

I have no time/intention to do it for previous series though.

In that case, the list was here on 29 Oct, so the pictures are expected to surface on 25 Nov (October is longer :) ). Approx 3 more weeks to wait...

Edited by Yooha

What are you talking about :wacko: it's impossible since he wears top hat witch doesn't cover back of is head.

Nope it's final version (like the pirate last time). Lego woldn't put preliminary version in their official magazine.

Not only is there the "problem" of the hat not covering the alternate face. If one looks closer to the picture, you can see that also his costume has 2 sides: left normal and right side torn.. a bit Zombie style... only the split face makes sense on top of a torso designed like that...

Edited by J.V.D.

I see what you did there LEGO,Dr. Splitz=splits=split personality=Jekyll/Hyde,brilliant!

swear to god, I don't get how that wasn't obvious enough. anything else would have frankly been retarded.

In regard to the "Dr. Splitz.: one or two-headed" discussion I agree, JeagerEX is probably wrong.

Edited by DraikNova

See, Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde there, that's proof. An official Lego picture. Same style as the series 8 pirate first reveal. I'm not overly impressed but there's always certain minifigures I'm not keen on. The Alien trooper? I'm still not convinced. I suppose the character backstory could say the alien stole Galactic patrol armour to explain why he has it. That would be weak storytelling though.There again the backstories on series 8 were quite weak and thin. I shall say no more. I'm in danger of sounding like a negative nancy. and spoiling people's fun so I'll shut up and wait for an official reveal of the series.

Here's the character backstory to why the Alien Trooper has the same armor as the Galactic Patrol: LEGO spent a ton of money on making a new mold, and they want to get their money's worth (which means reusing it for more than just one thing). It's the same reason that there's been an Ocean King and the upcoming CMF Mermaid: to get more use out of the mermaid tail mold they made for the POTC sets. CMF Vampire Bat exists because they made that mold for Monster Fighters. Alien Villainess exists to get more use out of that Alien Conquest head. And so on and so forth.

Not to say that reusing molds is the SOLE reason for those minifigures to be made, but I bet LEGO's CMF designers are instructed to try and come up with cool, new minifigures that make use of those expensive molds that otherwise have very limited use.

Here's the character backstory to why the Alien Trooper has the same armor as the Galactic Patrol: LEGO spent a ton of money on making a new mold, and they want to get their money's worth (which means reusing it for more than just one thing). It's the same reason that there's been an Ocean King and the upcoming CMF Mermaid: to get more use out of the mermaid tail mold they made for the POTC sets. CMF Vampire Bat exists because they made that mold for Monster Fighters. Alien Villainess exists to get more use out of that Alien Conquest head. And so on and so forth.

Not to say that reusing molds is the SOLE reason for those minifigures to be made, but I bet LEGO's CMF designers are instructed to try and come up with cool, new minifigures that make use of those expensive molds that otherwise have very limited use.

That's why Galaxy Patrol of S7 reused the armor of Lex Luthor...

I agree, there is something wierd about the same armor, but I don't see how anyone could fake it easially, especially with the gold marking on the side. I'm thinking the alien is real.

I find it all a bit confussing why would his friend just be able to buy on? Where did he get it from? And a video before a photo well done man but I think FAKE

I find it all a bit confussing why would his friend just be able to buy on? Where did he get it from? And a video before a photo well done man but I think FAKE

If it were possible to leak super secretive pre-launch iphone 5 parts from china, then it can't be much harder for the same to happen for chinese-sourced lego parts.

I'm thinking the fortune teller might be based on a picture from Hoth's artwork someone posted on one of the forums on here ages ago. He was a guy in a turban with swirly eyes and was holding an envelope, kind of like a TV fortune teller/houdini lookalike (if someone knows what I'm talking about please post). I could be wrong I just remember seeing it and loving it about 6 months ago. If not I'd be happy with a gypsy fortune teller too.

I'm so relieved that Dr. Splitz turned out to be a Jekyll and Hyde character and not the space monkey that pops up when googling the name. Great minifig

I'm thinking the fortune teller might be based on a picture from Hoth's artwork someone posted on one of the forums on here ages ago. He was a guy in a turban with swirly eyes and was holding an envelope, kind of like a TV fortune teller/houdini lookalike (if someone knows what I'm talking about please post). I could be wrong I just remember seeing it and loving it about 6 months ago. If not I'd be happy with a gypsy fortune teller too.

I'm so relieved that Dr. Splitz turned out to be a Jekyll and Hyde character and not the space monkey that pops up when googling the name. Great minifig

Carnac the magnificent?

Heck yeah Dr. Jekyll is awesome!

Although I was kinda hoping for a double sided head, this is different and interesting.

The same reasoning for LEGO reusing Sensei Wu's hair in the Ocean King minifigure applies to the Galaxy Patrol armor:

1. LEGO has spent a lot of money on the mold and doesn't want that money squandered.

2. It's a bloody awesome piece :laugh:.

If it were possible to leak super secretive pre-launch iphone 5 parts from china, then it can't be much harder for the same to happen for chinese-sourced lego parts.

CM figures and many other things were leaked last year from one of the Chinese factories.

The gray armor looks very real to me. But it could be a figure for a theme or special thing and not necessarily the CMs. It could also be that the gray armor will be used by a CM, but not with that minifigure head (Last year when things were leaked, some things were mixed up, like the CM6 alien's head appeared in the robot.

However, I think it might make sense to have Alien troopers using the space marine's armor in gray. It was obvious to TLG that we needed enemy marines for the Galaxy Patrol. But the rule that the opposing side to the good guys must not be human still applies. So TLG would make them aliens that use the same armors. So that people who want to make their own gray marine army can just buy the troopers and replace the head...

As if kids care about the fact that they both have the same armour. They want to play with LEGO - that is all. Honestly people, Kids ARE the target age group.

Sorry if that came across angry but it seems that some people don't understand that fact.