Blake Baer

[MOC] Rivendell

A very impressive and detailed build. I would love to build something like that..but unfortunately most of my lego is still sitting in storage on the other side of the world.

Awesome! I love the white buildings, taht really gives the scene an excelent feel, as well as that splended hill/mountian! Great work! :thumbup:

Blake, this is absolutely fantastic. Of course, the fact that it is a collaborative build makes it even more impressive. There are very few builders at any age who are capable of creating such harmony in a single build. This depiction of Rivendell is simply amazing and so full of life. Congratulations on what is perhaps the nicest LOTR build I have ever seen.

I've said stuff like this before, but I'll say it again!

Almost Unbelievably Amazing!! :classic:

" Also, suggestions on how to make it better are quite welcome. :) "

Lol! How could we suggest anything better? :laugh:

Bravo! Well done! :thumbup::thumbup::classic:

This is a spectacular and wonderfull moc. I think we would be happy if Lego only made 25% of this in an official set.

I really love this moc! It really makes you rethink your life. i first saw this on mocstars by the brickshow. i like the scene on the bridge with pippin pointing and screaming and merry smirking.

What I never understand about these breathtaking lego creations is how they can afford all that lego? This would surely cost into the thousands if not tens of thousands? Does lego give them this stuff for free or whats the usual deal with these peices that end up at shows?

What I never understand about these breathtaking lego creations is how they can afford all that lego? This would surely cost into the thousands if not tens of thousands? Does lego give them this stuff for free or whats the usual deal with these peices that end up at shows?

Well, two things: First, I recall this was a collaboration, so it's not just one guy. Second, I doubt they went out and bought all that LEGO at once. After about a decade of collecting, I have way more pieces than that, although I don't have the exact pieces (or patience, space, or skill) it would take to make that magnificent MOC. I've just found that, over time, I've collected quite a lot of LEGO, and I'm not exactly rich... the occasional trip to the LEGO store to buy a pick-a-brick cup or two (and whole boxes on occasion) will do it.

It's possible these collaborators were part of a LUG and were able to get bulk pieces from LEGO, but I don't think it's necessary.

I mean, they may be really wealthy and able to afford it, and that'd be great, but I don't think it's necessary.