Sign in to follow this  
Bob De Quatre

[LDD MOC] Mandalorian heavy fighter

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Today's MOC is the mandalorian heavy fighter.

Here is the lxf file

I wanted to do a fighter with rotating wings, with studs on both sides... First the wings were simple, and after a few hours of modification I ended up with something that looks a lot like a B-wing. I love the B-wing so I don't mind, but it wasn't what I was aiming for in the first place.

lddscreenshot68.png

lddscreenshot69.png

lddscreenshot70.png

lddscreenshot71.png

lddscreenshot72.png

lddscreenshot73.png

lddscreenshot74.png

lddscreenshot75.png

lddscreenshot76.png

Looks absolutely fantastic. Your work is getting better and better. This is an instantly recognisable Star Wars ship, and one that would fit into any collection.

Not sure I'd class it as a heavy fighter though. It looks to have roughly the same mass as a TIE fighter, which is anything but. I can see it more as a dogfighter than a heavy weapons platform.

I agree that it looks a lot like a B-Wing. An AWESOME B-Wing, that is! If there's any of your models that I want to own, it's this one. :classic: It looks great!

Edited by purpleparadox

This is absolutely the best ship you've produced so far, it's absolutely fantastic :thumbup::classic:.

I'm not sure what else to say about it, other than how jealous I am with you :grin:.

Thanks all.

This is absolutely the best ship you've produced so far, it's absolutely fantastic :thumbup::classic:.

I'm not sure what else to say about it, other than how jealous I am with you :grin:.

I build one every day, so statistically there should be one that is fantastic fantastic among them :sweet:

Jealous of me? there's no reason at all...

Fantastic work, you have made another of this fantastic MOC :wink:

This looks absolutely sweet. As a plus, I can see it chugging along next to the Mandalorian ship that we got in the last wave.

The only thing, ONLY THING, that bugs is the two facts that it doesn't have a storage space like the mentioned ship and the cockpit isn't hinged, thus meaning it has to be taken off. (Unless I'm mistaken, but none of the pictures hinted or showed a storage compartment or a hinged cockpit.)

It's a bit quirky, but i like it a lot! I do agree with the comment that when compared with other (official) fighter models, this one can hardly be called a heavy fighter. But it sure looks like a fun model, i hope you're planning to build this one for real! :wink:

This is a fantastic build. Have you submitted to cuusoo?

I don't plan to. I think cuuso is great for project like portal or space marines.

Fantastic work, you have made another of this fantastic MOC :wink:

Thank you Wedge09

This looks absolutely sweet. As a plus, I can see it chugging along next to the Mandalorian ship that we got in the last wave.

The only thing, ONLY THING, that bugs is the two facts that it doesn't have a storage space like the mentioned ship and the cockpit isn't hinged, thus meaning it has to be taken off. (Unless I'm mistaken, but none of the pictures hinted or showed a storage compartment or a hinged cockpit.)

I've been lazy for the hinged cockpit... At first the cockpit part was much longer, and a storage could have been added. But I was short on time since it's a daily MOC... so I had to skip details on this one :sceptic:

It's a bit quirky, but i like it a lot! I do agree with the comment that when compared with other (official) fighter models, this one can hardly be called a heavy fighter. But it sure looks like a fun model, i hope you're planning to build this one for real! :wink:

Sadly I can't built it for real, but go ahead if you want :wink:

I really like it. It reminds me a lot of he Republic Trooper player ship from SWTOR.

This looks great! I love the idea of a crossover between a Mandalorian starfighter and a B-Wing. And I can't build ships well so I admire people that can. :tongue: