solta

MOC: roadster California (real convertable!)

indexed.gif V-LV-48B

This is a real convertible model for two minifigs to fit inside. It is only 6 studs wide (8 studs if you take into account the tires). The roof is retractable and can be put away in to the rear of the vehicle.

When I started to develop a model on the front and back I had in mind Mercedes SLS. But in the end it all turned into something completely different than sports car. The result is a roadster, which I named California.

Let's see some details:

02.jpg

-front spoiler under the bumper

-wipers

-side mirrors are on the doors

-doors can be opened

01.jpg

-on the dashboard is a speedometer bulge

-roof is stored and covered with a lid

-under the rear bumper are positioned two double exhaust

-wheels with aluminum rims

01.gif

-opening doors (side mirror moves with door)

03.jpg

-under the steering wheel there are three pedals (clutch, brake and accelerator)

-there is also a gear lever

-the glove compartment is under extended part of the dashboard

02.gif

-steering wheel is adjustable

03.gif

-glove compartment has a lot of space (you can store a suitcase, camera, even a small gun)

04.jpg

-it is also possible to add a cup holder

04.gif

-moving wipers

05.gif

-roof in action

05.jpg

-the roof is in place

06.jpg

Two minifigs in car, sitting side by side:

07.jpg

08.jpg

That would be all of the explanation. Enjoy.

Ouch, this is an incredible MOC.

I really love all the details you put in the car. Especially the roof is brilliant! (-:

Wow, this is a great MOC with fantastic details. I especially like the glove compartement, the cup holder and - of course - the roof.

Very good presentation as well with those Stop Motion gifs! Really inspiring!

I :wub: it !

AWESOME vehicle 'solta'......fantastic play features (tilt steering and glove box.....so cool !) :grin:

I might just have to take inspiration from this creation of yours and build some cars in New Mannum. :wink:

Brick On Drive On ! :grin:

This is a fantastic MOC! it looks well built and sturdy, and like others have said the features are astonishing given the scale. My favourite feature is of course the retractable roof - amazing!

Everything looks so compact too, and the colour scheme is nice and simple, which I can appreciate. Superb MOC all around.

Edited by Rocketbilly

Finally minfigures can learn to drive and enjoy a manual transmission, I always felt so bad for the poor Lego guys who always had to drive automatics...

Fantastic MOC, this car is well-detailed and the color is perfect :thumbup: :thumbup:

Awesome :wub:

That is fantastic. And if I may say, the kind of MOC that should be turned into a Cuusoo project.

A really nice roadster. I agree with DrNightmare about the windscreen, but apart from that you've done a great job, especially with all the working features - that interior is really amazing.

It actually reminds me quite a bit of the Pontiac Solstice - especially from behind, with that light arrangement:

Mallett_Pitbull_Edition_V8_Pontiac_Solstice_rear.jpg01.jpg

Edited by L@go

Wow, a fantastic creation! Really amazing to put all those functions in such a small MOC and to keep it this good-looking. I especially love the adjustable steering wheel - and the rectractable roof, of course! All the other details are very cool, too. Last not least the presentation with animated GIFs is fantastic (the moving wipers are a funny idea :wink:).

Two questions, though:

1. Does the roof move when there are figs sitting in the car? It seems that in this case the seat backs must be adjusted, too.
  2. It may sound stupid, but I keep wondering how two figs can be placed side by side in a 6w car. I can see it's possible - but how do you do it?

Anyway, an amazing, very inspiring MOC, thanks for sharing!

Thanks everyone for your replies. I'm glad you like the car.

Neat car, only thing that looks kinda wonky is the small windshield. :thumbup:

...I agree with DrNightmare about the windscreen,...

I tried also with the wider windscreen, but I didn't like it. Car looked like to the box from the front. I wanted to keep a wide base and narrow sleek upper part of the vehicle. It would surely be better if I had the windshield 6 studs wide below and 4 studs above. Maybe one day... who knows.

Two questions, though:

1. Does the roof move when there are figs sitting in the car? It seems that in this case the seat backs must be adjusted, too.
  2. It may sound stupid, but I keep wondering how two figs can be placed side by side in a 6w car. I can see it's possible - but how do you do it?

A1: You can move the roof, when minifigs are in the vehicle. As you have already noted, it is necessary than to adjust the seat backs a little bit. But you don't have to take minifigs out of the car.

A2: Inner hands from both minifigs are placed one above the other. That's the trick.

Fantastic detail in such a small car! I'm amazed at all the features. How sturdy is it with all those small "functional" bricks in there?

Fantastic little MOC well done! So many details in a small package makes for a great little car.

Brendan

This is beyond awesome! All the finer details you put into this are great! Wipers, pedals and shifter, opening glovebox, not sure what the light grey fire hose nozzle is but I think it's the emergency brake(?). Of course, the roof is especially cool. The car looks brilliant too, nice curves and styling. The wheels though, its too bad they stick out so far.