LuxorV

Lego Action Themes Photography Thread

I think it's time for this forum to have its own Photography Thread, as I could not find an older one.

I'll start with some pics I took during these holidays, using my LEGO Dino sets (custom items that appear in some shots are from BrickArms):

dsc_2282a.jpg

First sighting of the Triceratops.

dsc_2285a.jpg

A moment of rest.

dsc_2294a.jpg

Don't look back!

dsc_2295a.jpg

I like to call this one 'The Three Hunters'.

dsc_2301a.jpg

Successful hunter.

dsc_2305a.jpg

The crossing.

dsc_2307a.jpg

Egg or fruit?

dsc_2309a.jpg

Poor Jack was here...

dsc_2311a.jpg

I particularly like this last one. :blush:

Hope you'll enjoy them and you'll contribute with your shots!

Awesome foto's! I too like the last one. I might upload some Ninjago photo's later.

Love your photos. I have the Triceratops, and really like it. I really need to get a hold of some of those Raptors though. They could have lots of uses!

I was tempted to start this thread myself. I might have to take some Monster Fighters shots later (Similar to that Night of the Living Dead homage I did a few weeks ago)

Great pics, BTW. The dinos look so natural there in that environment and the pics are crystal clear. :thumbup:

Edit: D'oh! I had a couple of Pharaoh's Quest shots I wanted to share. These were when I first finished the Scorpion Pyramid set and I wanted to take a few pics.

IMAG0153.jpg

IMAG0154.jpg

Edited by Amset-Rah

Do you have a pterodactyl? If so, I think you could make some great shots using some wire. For example one with the pterodactyl swooping to grab a fish.

Love your photos. I have the Triceratops, and really like it. I really need to get a hold of some of those Raptors though. They could have lots of uses!

Thanks. The Triceratops is my favourite dino right now (probably because is the newest I added to my collection), but the Raptors have a special appeal to them.

Great pics, BTW. The dinos look so natural there in that environment and the pics are crystal clear. :thumbup:

Thank you. I spent some time trying a number of poses to have them look natural, but I always have this (palaeontological) doubt: how do we know those are their 'natural' poses; in the end it's just the way we envision them. :laugh:

Do you have a pterodactyl? If so, I think you could make some great shots using some wire. For example one with the pterodactyl swooping to grab a fish.

Unfortunately no, I do not have a Pterodactyl, nor a T-rex (at least from this series, though I have the old Adventurers' ones). Your idea for the Ptero shot is really nice, and I'd be happy to see someone try it sooner or later! :thumbup:

I was kind of referring to how the dinos looked with the background, but that works too. All the same, they look great.

Not sure how I missed this thread.. great shots, Luxor! That's the perfect terrain for those figs. Although, I don't know how wise it is to be hunting dinos with a bow. :laugh:

Not sure how I missed this thread.. great shots, Luxor! That's the perfect terrain for those figs.

Thanks.

Although, I don't know how wise it is to be hunting dinos with a bow. :laugh:

It is clear you never played Turok 2008. :laugh:

Awesome shots Luxor, especially the first and last ones. :thumbup: Almost makes me wish I had gotten more Dino!

You've got a great yard Luxor! Love those shots. :thumbup:

Awesome shots Luxor, especially the first and last ones. :thumbup: Almost makes me wish I had gotten more Dino!

Thanks guys. :classic:

Now I'd like to see more pics from our members, covering the wide variety of the LEGO Action Themes! :thumbup:

Now I'd like to see more pics from our members, covering the wide variety of the LEGO Action Themes! :thumbup:

Will do my friend. I just found a Green Ninja spinner and have a few ideas for some snaps.

Thanks guys. :classic:

Yes, after seeing those I think I'll try a couple!

I had to use my digital camera because I couldn't find my proper camera (haven't needed to use it in ages!) so forgive me if these aren't the best.

img_1986.jpg

Ninjago's last hope.

img_1988.jpg

Final Battle (yes that is my design of the mega weapon

img_1991.jpg

Training in the Dojo

Hope you enjoyed and also hope that some others get into the Action Theme photographing spirit!

Edited by Wall E2624

Those are some nice scenes! :thumbup: I'm just waiting for my newer camera (I tryed a couple with the older one and decided it wasn't worth it. It's so old you have to download the photos on our stone age computer and then transfer them one by one on a floppy. Not worth the trouble!)

Looking good, Wall E2624. I especially like the Training in the Dojo one. :thumbup:

Looking forward to more. :wink:

Glad to see this thread back up and running. I really need to do more Monster Fighter stuff, once I get another set or two (Though I have a few funnies in mind, that is if this thread can be used for funnies as well, not just action shots)

Wow. Pretty nice shot of Lloyd and Garmadon. I use a similar design for the megaweapon, but with the blades turned 180 degrees.

I wasn't very careful, but I took some photos of the Monster Fighters sets I put together, and decided to play around with long exposure and playing with post-processing. Here are the ones that made the cut.

8288318497_229a09d2b0_b.jpg

dsktpWallExptd8Nov2012 77 by ZeyaV, on Flickr

8288318193_8cd79ec16a_b.jpg

dsktpWallExptd8Nov2012 57 by ZeyaV, on Flickr

8289377036_9e18d1bccc_b.jpg

dsktpWallExptd8Nov2012 56 by ZeyaV, on Flickr

8289376904_b2c923b62f_b.jpg

dsktpWallExptd8Nov2012 55 by ZeyaV, on Flickr

Necropost, but maybe this thread gains a little bit of life again.

The Dino sets were great and the figures fun to play with. Here is a "camouflage" picture :)

Hunted Hunter

hunter002muutl.jpg

Old School picture:

Big Game Hunter

hunt0177u8n.jpg

Edited by Plissken