Sign in to follow this  
Legonardo

5th guild - the land beyond, Morgali. (WIP)

Origins of Historica

The bard’s song tells a tale of a world long forgotten

Race against race, clan against clan, shields clashed with swords; long ago when Men of the Lion fought Men of the Falcon, and human armies succumbed to Orcs and undead. Each group clashed with its neighbor for power, unleashing upon the world a great scourge, and the arcane land was thrown into chaos. When it all seemed but lost, a council of wise men and sages was summoned. From all the lands they came to convene in the old world’s great city; the fortress of Cedrica.

To settle the grievance and end a millennium of bloodshed, the sages declined all the treaties of old and joined all the clans into one mighty Kingdom; Historica. They founded the Five Great Regions- each one a realm in itself; - Mitgardia in the North, Nocturnus in the East, Kaliphlin in the South, Avalonia in the West and Morgali in the Far South-West, so that trade routes would spring up and clans would meet in the markets and not in the theater of war. The wise men chose a family of great honor, to uphold the truce and to keep the four guilds from dispute, and descendants of that mighty kin to this day rule the Central lands of Historica. So goes the legend. For ten decades the races of old have migrated and spread through the world, following the trade routes, establishing cultures and prospering towns.

Today, it is a world of wonder and natural beauty; a realm where a man and a woman may find peace. But peace is short lived…

Treacherous assassins have tried to murder the King! The capital is in shock and there will be repercussions; the Four Regions assemble their forces as the balance of power shifts, and blame is passed around. For the first time in a century, the guilds of Historica build up old defenses and prepare for the inevitable confrontation; everything hangs in the balance, and Historica is on the verge of chaos once more…

Morgali, the land beyond.

7821381134_783115dc13_z.jpg

*Picture by myself

Guild History.

Years ago, before the fortress of Cedrica was erected, the races of men and elves fled the chaotic nation now know as Historica to find a new land. after 7 days of sailing the elvish longships came to an amazing island. A body of land stood on 14 massive pillars of rock, with smaller pillars guarding it. Elves being great climbers scaled the towering pillars to find at the top a country of beauty, rich wildlife and good soil, and thus the settlement of Cowamorce was made. over the decades the pillars had stairs buit into them so that trade may be made with the other four guilds. peace was established and Morgali became part of the Kingdom of Historica, The fifth guild.

Guild Leader - Arahaelon.

7848220208_0736cd93b5_z.jpg

Arahaelon is the third ruler of Morgali. he is a young ruler (or at least young for an elf) but is wise and strong. his father Elrohir, the last guildmaster of Morgali, passed on all the knowledge that was passed to him by his father before him. Aerahaelon is an expert swordsmen, by far the toughest on the island. He holds the respect of many

Guild Standard - The Griffins claw.

7848165506_a81d20805f_z.jpg

The griffins claw is the army of Morgali, that goes under the flying colors of green and red. these soldiers are fierce warriors, experts of the bow and sword.

Landscape.

7829528378_084d8ba9bf.jpg

*Picture by myself

Morgali is an interesting land. It lies on pillars of rock, miles up in the sky. atop the main body there lies grass lands with the occasional spear of rock. the soil is good, Morgali is know for its agriculture. under the soil the rock is hard, impossible to penetrate, which is why the pillars can support such a huge mass. hills are spread out across the land as are rivers and streams. the rivers end up in massive water falls that plummet to the ocean. they have never run dry since men and elves set foot on it. the reason is unknown but the elders believe it is due to the damp climate, the island is often engulfed in the clouds.

Wildlife.

Many Exotic plants are found on Morgali. likewise there is a diverse variety of majestic creatures that dwell such as dragons and griffins

7836187842_01bd29f928_n.jpg

Architecture.

7848165862_70b6668303_c.jpg

As times have gone by a certain style of architecture has developed, taking the typical elvish architecture and tweaking it with that of men with a very strong Oriental influence. wood is scarce on Morgali but is imported from the Avalonian Forests (through trade, of course).

Capitol:

The Capitol of Morgali is the old settlement Cowamorce. now a magnificent city mounted on the largest hill on the island. it is a walled fortification and many elves and men settle there. it is a culturally rich city, Delicious foods, music and arts are often found while walking the streets.

Unique Characteristics:

*Used to damp, warm climates( everywhere except the peaks, which freeze up in the winter months).

*NOT afraid of heights!

*passionate about culture and religion.

Edited by Legonardo

I like the way you decided to make the land be on top of pillars! That's a really creative idea! :thumbup: I like the way the story is going, keep it up!

Very nice idea to have these massive pillars LD, and I really like your watercolours of Morgali. Looks very promising! Good luck with the challenge

:classic:

Pretty dang cool!

I like the pillars, although very susceptible to elemental devastation! May end up the lost guild of Atlantis ;) Still, really nice artwork. I look forward to the final product.

Was that art done brush to canvas or was it done digitally. It is remarkable and I have to say, the WIP status really builds up anticipation to see what else this world has beyond Historica.

Thanks, glad you like the idea!

Was that art done brush to canvas or was it done digitally. It is remarkable and I have to say, the WIP status really builds up anticipation to see what else this world has beyond Historica.

I have money that I put aside for my own personal bits and bobs, since the majority goes toward LEGO there isn't much left for things like painting equipment, and my canvas is to precious. so yes it is digital

have added the guild master and and a griffin, although I'm not very happy with it

Thanks Guys!

Well done Legonardo !

Your pictures are very good ! What is your secret?

Keep working ! I want to see more of Morgali

photoshop? :blush:

Added my 20x20 build, will try and keep adding things, possibly more "paintings"

Looks great! I am nearly finished with my guild idea. waiting on a Bricklink order (for a fairly common part I could have sworn I had) and fleshing out the back story.

I like how you have added some wildlife. might do the same thing with mine.

the oriental styling is nice as well. That roof is superb!

Dude! That's awesome! I like the whole idea you came up with and your art is very nice. That upside down thing you did on the roof design is new to me. :thumbup:

Thanks! I think I made the upside-down roof up, and yes that does sound confusing!default_wacko.gif

Looks great! I am nearly finished with my guild idea. waiting on a Bricklink order (for a fairly common part I could have sworn I had) and fleshing out the back story.

I like how you have added some wildlife. might do the same thing with mine.

the oriental styling is nice as well. That roof is superb!

thanks! I look forward to yours!

Excellent entry! Great work on designing the guild :thumbup: I'm hoping I can come up with a good idea and flesh it out in time :classic:

Excellent entry! Great work on designing the guild :thumbup: I'm hoping I can come up with a good idea and flesh it out in time :classic:

Thanks!

Nice color scheme and figs! :thumbup: Your vignette is also nice so far but maybe you could add some more minifigs to make it a more lively scene.

Your art just blows me away! I love it, especially the first picture - great job! I like your MOC as well, and I love your griffin. Excellent work!

Ahh, sorry Legonardo that it's taken me so long to get around to commmenting on your entry - it's actually one of my favs! :thumbup: I really like the standard colours and the idea of an island suspended on huge pillars is really cool. The idea of an Elvish/Asian architecture is really appealing too and your build is very solid, with its mottled stonework and pagoda-style roof. :thumbup: Oh, and that griffin!! :wub: Beautiful work.

Best of luck in the comp! :classic:

Ahh, sorry Legonardo that it's taken me so long to get around to commmenting on your entry - it's actually one of my favs! :thumbup: I really like the standard colours and the idea of an island suspended on huge pillars is really cool. The idea of an Elvish/Asian architecture is really appealing too and your build is very solid, with its mottled stonework and pagoda-style roof. :thumbup: Oh, and that griffin!! :wub: Beautiful work.

Best of luck in the comp! :classic:

Thanks mate, glad you like it! as I have said before i really want something oriental to win, there are some great one like Mikey's but I think that mediteranian builds could easily go on some north-Kaliphlin islands, Oriental stuff just doesn't fir anywhere at the moment.

thanks and well see how this goes default_blink.gif

~legonardo