Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Forest II: Day One

vote tally

Bristol Bunny (Bob): 2 votes (CorneliusMurdock, Zepher)

Petey Panda (darkdragon): 1 vote (Eskallon)

Casey Cat (Scouty): 3 votes (Scubacarrot, Tamamono, Professor Flitwick)

Pennie Pig (Eskallon): 3 votes (Dannylonglegs, JimButcher, Sandy)

Hmmm. While I agree that, of the main protagonists in this argument, lynching Casey would give us some information, I'd have thought that the most information would be gleaned by lynching Petey. Though Casey's 'defence' is hardly that, and I remember a Demon in Spring Haven saying, 'it's a fair cop.' I think if Casey doesn't make any effort to defend herself, we'll have no choice but to lynch her. :sceptic: I'm going to think on this some more.

Meanwhile:

Mmm, that is a good point, Ms. Lamb, but in all honesty, have you ever looked at how Bristol plays lives? Well she's as introverted as they come, bless her heart.

And as far as lurkers go, what about the seal? He hasn't said much, although he's always quiet... :look:

So, Carly: you defend Bristol for lurking, then attack another animal that we have no way of identifying for doing exactly the same thing?

Now look who's talking about what they meant. No, I'm done arguing with you, Gordon. You keep thinking I have a strong insistence on ending the argument? I'll oblige you and end this argument now, between you and me that's evolved between Petey and you. I'm not gonna argue anymore with someone who's being hypocritical. I'm in no mood of repeating myself and trying to be rational with you anymore, my defense lies in the fragments of posts I've made. I appreciate your not as dicky attitude this day, compared to last time, however. Sorry if I'm acting dicky right now.

Oh come on. There is a blatant difference between you purposely misconstructing something I said and you trying to give a spin to your own words. :laugh:

I don't understand why people would want to lynch my dear wife Casey :cry_sad:. Has she not just been a good friend? I have a hard time seeing why her actions should condemn her. That said, if she really turns out to be a Cultist, I would feel very betrayed and sad, and too afraid to live with her anymore, so would have no hesitations in voting for her lynch, but as it stands, I don't see how she can be one of those evil Cultists. She is such a loving wife :cry_happy::wub:.

The case against Pennie however, seems more compelling to me. Pennie has seemingly had tunnel vision on Petey for quite some time now, and I would like to hear more from her about why that is. Petey may have acted a bit strange, but what would you expect from a Panda? :wacko: They eat bamboo all day, that would make anyone weird :look:

So for now I will

Vote: Pennie Pig (Eskallon)

The case against Pennie however, seems more compelling to me. Pennie has seemingly had tunnel vision on Petey for quite some time now, and I would like to hear more from her about why that is. Petey may have acted a bit strange, but what would you expect from a Panda? :wacko: They eat bamboo all day, that would make anyone weird :look:

Because the way I see it, its the only thing I've seen today thats worthy of lynching (and maybe the confusion of Casey, but it appears Petey contacted a few people). Day 1 is filled with a lot of roleplaying and a lot of confusion since well nobody knows anything. If I see that in someone, I take a stand and vote for them. At the moment, I still feel we would get the most out of lynching Petey. If he is scum, we can look at who defended him from the start, and if he is town then we know that some of the vote's were by scum. Plus I genuinely think he is scum. :sceptic:

The reason why I was adamant at voting for Petey is because I actually want to take credit for it, I have a really big feeling, both gut and what we have seen today that he is scum, and we might be lucky. By being so adamant about it, I'm willing to take credit for it to if he is town and face the consequences.

I'm going to defend the Pig. For one reason, and I know I'm treading into "the dick" territory (not what you think it means) by saying this, but so be it. The reason I am going to do it is because I hate stupidity. And the people voting for Pennie are displaying just that. Stupidity. They have one argument, one that could in combination with other events perhaps be constructed as suspicious, yes. But definitely not in the case.

So. The animals that so far have voted for Pennie are Seamus Sheepdog, Ernie Elephant, Brigit Bunny and now Maurice Mouse.

Yes he had tunnelvision, a bad thing? Sure. Suspicious? Hell no. Why is that suspicious? Now, the one and only argument you guys seem to be revering is this: Why does he want to be responsible for the lynch. I can think of a few reasons that don't involve him being scum. come on guys, think. Use your brain, don't be stupid and think he is scum because of this.

You ask why he is tunnelvisioning on Petey? Hello, have you not been paying attention to Petey's behaviour? I'm just going to say this right now: It's either scummy or nonsensical, face it. If you say otherwise, it's a lie. People say "his behaviour is consistent". I like to remind you that he played a bad guy in the latest play. Consistent? Maybe, but that would completely ruin your argument. Get it together.

You who are voting for Pennie need to do some serious reading back or come up with an actual reason, because this is just annoying to watch.

I'd like Bristol Bunny to say a few words to prove she's still breathing.

Vote: Bristol Bunny (Bob)

If the cultists have no inactive crowd to hide among, they should be easier to catch.

I'm still here, don't worry.

I've been watching from afar and I must say that if we're spreading ourselves much too thin by splitting up the vote like this. I haven't much else to say, I'm probably going to be chastised for posting so little.

Bristol can save herself by saying anything! Literally anything. She never sends mail either. :sadnew: I've got a business to look after. She is very quiet, but quiet is no use to us. I'd like to hear her say words,and I'll happily switch my vote to one of the big four.

Oh, I can say anything. Looks like I did.

So, Carly: you defend Bristol for lurking, then attack another animal that we have no way of identifying for doing exactly the same thing?

Yeah, thanks for trying to help me out here, but that's not particularly a smart way to defend someone.

None of these candidates seem particularly appealing to me. I believe we're voting Casey off for fluffy statements and Pennie because he has a tunnel vision. Let me think about this, I'll get back to all of you.

vote tally

Bristol Bunny (Bob): 2 votes (CorneliusMurdock, Zepher)

Pennie Pig (Eskallon): 4 votes (Dannylonglegs, JimButcher, Sandy, Cecilie)

I've been watching from afar and I must say that if we're spreading ourselves much too thin by splitting up the vote like this. I haven't much else to say, I'm probably going to be chastised for posting so little.

I'd actually argue that it's better to spread us a little thin with the votes early on when we have little to go on.

More people being voted for => more reactions => more information.

Later, once those who have received gifts from Firuz have put them to (hopefully good) use, we can do more focused votes. But for now I'd say more people being voted for are better than only one or two.

Because the way I see it, its the only thing I've seen today thats worthy of lynching (and maybe the confusion of Casey, but it appears Petey contacted a few people). Day 1 is filled with a lot of roleplaying and a lot of confusion since well nobody knows anything. If I see that in someone, I take a stand and vote for them. At the moment, I still feel we would get the most out of lynching Petey. If he is scum, we can look at who defended him from the start, and if he is town then we know that some of the vote's were by scum. Plus I genuinely think he is scum. :sceptic:

So you've jumped on the the first person to break from that behavior. Someone who by breaking from the behavior of the most of us did not break from his familiar behavior. If I've learned anything about Petey's style, it's that he makes somewhat spacey remarks, and takes jokes seriously and jokes when others are serious. At first I called it nooby, but I now think it's just how he rolls. No offence Petey. It's not a scum-tell as you make it out to be, and it's not a town-tell. It's simply who he is. And simply put, the scum use anomalous behavior to manipulate the masses and you've associated his anomalous behavior with scum behavior. It would be incredibly easy to make his actions seem those of a scum because they were weird. The scum do it with neophytes, and they do it with those who behave differently from everyone else. I don't think he's scum simply because he's behaved as you say a scum would. I think you're scum for saying that Petey's everyday behavior which was different from that of the rest of us at the time, is scummy. Furthermore you've insisted to take credit for his Lynch, which is... suspicious to me. I don't think we'll honestly get as much from lynching Petey as you think we would. I think it would just cost us a Townie.

Now, I wanted to say more, but I don't have time and might not for the rest of the day.

So you've jumped on the the first person to break from that behavior. Someone who by breaking from the behavior of the most of us did not break from his familiar behavior. If I've learned anything about Petey's style, it's that he makes somewhat spacey remarks, and takes jokes seriously and jokes when others are serious. At first I called it nooby, but I now think it's just how he rolls. No offence Petey. It's not a scum-tell as you make it out to be, and it's not a town-tell. It's simply who he is. And simply put, the scum use anomalous behavior to manipulate the masses and you've associated his anomalous behavior with scum behavior. It would be incredibly easy to make his actions seem those of a scum because they were weird. The scum do it with neophytes, and they do it with those who behave differently from everyone else. I don't think he's scum simply because he's behaved as you say a scum would. I think you're scum for saying that Petey's everyday behavior which was different from that of the rest of us at the time, is scummy. Furthermore you've insisted to take credit for his Lynch, which is... suspicious to me. I don't think we'll honestly get as much from lynching Petey as you think we would. I think it would just cost us a Townie.

Now, I wanted to say more, but I don't have time and might not for the rest of the day.

Some things that I have a problem with here as well. First and the most obvious. You haven't replied to me. If you are going to say something, be complete. I remember an instance where someone with bad intentions manage to worm his way out of things by consistantly not replying to relevant statements.

Why would it be suspicious to take credit for his lynch, which might I add, not even a lynch, he just took, perhaps wrongful, credit for calling Petey out (who is very quiet all of a sudden since the thing against Penny started, content with his attacker under fire?). I really see more ways how that can be constructed as "townie" than as scum. And so should you.

And come on, you think we will get more out of lynching the Pig than out of lynching Petey? This statement is two things: Suspicious as hell, "get stuff out of a lynch?" You know something we don't? Also it's megablocks.

I'm going to defend the Pig. For one reason, and I know I'm treading into "the dick" territory (not what you think it means) by saying this, but so be it. The reason I am going to do it is because I hate stupidity. And the people voting for Pennie are displaying just that. Stupidity. They have one argument, one that could in combination with other events perhaps be constructed as suspicious, yes. But definitely not in the case.

[blablabla]

You who are voting for Pennie need to do some serious reading back or come up with an actual reason, because this is just annoying to watch.

You can call me stupid if that makes you feel any better, I don't mind. Maybe I am stupid. Maybe you are stupid. Who knows? Fact is that we all see things differently. We all interpret what happens our own way, and we all have our own gut feelings. And you say all this, sounding like you think Petey is scummy, yet you are voting for my dear wife Casey, who I really don't see as scummy at all. Does that make you stupid? What do I know? Maybe you just see and interpret what she has said differently than me. I'm her husband after all, I'm probably biased :tongue:. And it's early in this ordeal. We have very little facts to base things on. Maybe Pennie hasn't acted very scummy, but neither has Casey or Petey in my opinion. But without voting, we're getting nowhere, and not seeing any reactions. Of those three, I currently think Pennie's behaviour is the most odd, which is why that's where my vote is right now. I could change my mind, but your tone is not the way to go about it :wink:.

You can call me stupid if that makes you feel any better, I don't mind. Maybe I am stupid. Maybe you are stupid. Who knows? Fact is that we all see things differently. We all interpret what happens our own way, and we all have our own gut feelings. And you say all this, sounding like you think Petey is scummy, yet you are voting for my dear wife Casey, who I really don't see as scummy at all. Does that make you stupid? What do I know? Maybe you just see and interpret what she has said differently than me. I'm her husband after all, I'm probably biased :tongue:. And it's early in this ordeal. We have very little facts to base things on. Maybe Pennie hasn't acted very scummy, but neither has Casey or Petey in my opinion. But without voting, we're getting nowhere, and not seeing any reactions. Of those three, I currently think Pennie's behaviour is the most odd, which is why that's where my vote is right now. I could change my mind, but your tone is not the way to go about it :wink:.

The fact that I say Pennie is a stupid lynch does not mean I think Petey is the way to go for this lynch. :sceptic: And I did not call you stupid, I called the fact that you voted for Pennie stupid, plus reasoning. If after this many talk you let gut feelings decide... I will cry. I think people here are smart enough to make a decision with their heads. My tone is the best way to go about things, it annoys people, so they start talking, it's great.

Although the people that are rushing to defend Petey, because that's what's basically happening, do make me wonder...

The fact that I say Pennie is a stupid lynch does not mean I think Petey is the way to go for this lynch. :sceptic: And I did not call you stupid, I called the fact that you voted for Pennie stupid, plus reasoning. If after this many talk you let gut feelings decide... I will cry. I think people here are smart enough to make a decision with their heads. My tone is the best way to go about things, it annoys people, so they start talking, it's great.

Although the people that are rushing to defend Petey, because that's what's basically happening, do make me wonder...

Please enlighten me, what else do we have on day 1, than gut feelings based on people's behaviours? We have no evidence, no facts, only behaviour, and behaviour analysis boils down to gut feelings, because it's based on personal interpretation. And just for the record, I'm not defending Petey, I'm just choosing a different lynch target based on my personal behaviour analyses/gut feeling. Maybe I am dead wrong, but what else can you do? It's not like there's anyone we can trust at this point. We're basically all suspicious of each other, and that makes us accuse each other left and right based on whatever we can draw from what's beeing said.

And I don't like your tone, because it creates negative energy. I wish we could all be friends, even through these tough times. We are furry little antropomorphs after all, we should be hugging more :cry_happy:. I want a hug... Casey :sing:

Mmm, that is a good point, Ms. Lamb, but in all honesty, have you ever looked at how Bristol plays lives? Well she's as introverted as they come, bless her heart.

And as far as lurkers go, what about the seal? He hasn't said much, although he's always quiet... :look:

I don't care how someone normally is. If their normal response to these kind of situations is to become dead weight, all the more reason to break them out of that funk. Always being quiet is a good way to disguise scumminess without putting a lot of effort into it. And if there's a scum who is not used to be active, they're more likely to give themselves away when we force them to be.

I agree that you should mention names when pointing fingers or none of us will have a clue who you're talking about.

I'm still here, don't worry.

This is the first day. None of us have a lot to say but most are managing to do so anyway. Please be a part of this town and help us catch the scum before they kill us all.

Unvote: Bristol Bunny (Bob)

Vote: Wallace Walrus (Masked Builder)

Say something Wallace. Let us know you're still around. Get up and do jumping jacks, anything.

vote tally

Bristol Bunny (Bob): 1 votes (Zepher)

Pennie Pig (Eskallon): 4 votes (Dannylonglegs, JimButcher, Sandy, Cecilie)

Wallace Walrus (Masked Builder): 1 vote (CorneliusMurdock)

Please enlighten me, what else do we have on day 1, than gut feelings based on people's behaviours? We have no evidence, no facts, only behaviour, and behaviour analysis boils down to gut feelings, because it's based on personal interpretation. And just for the record, I'm not defending Petey, I'm just choosing a different lynch target based on my personal behaviour analyses/gut feeling. Maybe I am dead wrong, but what else can you do? It's not like there's anyone we can trust at this point. We're basically all suspicious of each other, and that makes us accuse each other left and right based on whatever we can draw from what's beeing said.

And I don't like your tone, because it creates negative energy. I wish we could all be friends, even through these tough times. We are furry little antropomorphs after all, we should be hugging more :cry_happy:. I want a hug... Casey :sing:

We have statements that people can analyze and we can make our own decisions, based on what people said. Not based on what your gut said. Defending Petey is exactly what you are doing, and it's suspicious and noted.

I don't recall ever defending her or attacking Wallace Manatee. I was trying to get Portia to vote for one of the main candidates for today instead of a lurker, and since she was so focused on Bristol, I pointed out that that she forgot about Wallace. Truly, her voting for Wallace is no better and I hope she ends this silliness soon and votes for Casey.

We have statements that people can analyze and we can make our own decisions, based on what people said. Not based on what your gut said. Defending Petey is exactly what you are doing, and it's suspicious and noted.

And here I thought I was defending my vote for Pennie... Funny that, you twisting my words :tongue:, it's suspicious and noted :wink:

Hmmm, why exactly are you defending him so? You do realize that you're basically telling us to switch our votes. How can you be so sure you are correct? Why does it bother you that she might be lynched? It might be that Pennie has an important role that she has confessed to you, but just as likely you could be his ally in scumminess.

If you want to talk about stupid moves, then defending someone so fervently this early in the crisis is just that. You just can't trust anyone at this point, if you're one of the good guys.

I don't recall ever defending her or attacking Wallace Manatee. I was trying to get Portia to vote for one of the main candidates for today instead of a lurker, and since she was so focused on Bristol, I pointed out that that she forgot about Wallace. Truly, her voting for Wallace is no better and I hope she ends this silliness soon and votes for Casey.

One of the main candidates? So I should follow a jerk gorilla, an idiotic former-mayor, or a cow that can't even tell animals apart in lynching candidates that don't seem suspicious to me in the slightest?

I'm sorry you feel that me trying to pull us together to form an active fighting town is silly. I'll try to do my best to follow the lead of such upstanding citizens and bandwagon on the flimsiest of candidates.

And here I thought I was defending my vote for Pennie... Funny that, you twisting my words :tongue:, it's suspicious and noted :wink:

It's the same thing though, is it not?

Hmmm, why exactly are you defending him so? You do realize that you're basically telling us to switch our votes. How can you be so sure you are correct? Why does it bother you that she might be lynched? It might be that Pennie has an important role that she has confessed to you, but just as likely you could be his ally in scumminess.

If you want to talk about stupid moves, then defending someone so fervently this early in the crisis is just that. You just can't trust anyone at this point, if you're one of the good guys.

I am defending him sure, because I think he is an extremely poor target for lynching and it bothers me. Don't worry, I don't "trust" him or whatever you mean by that, not that it matters... And no, I have not been talking to him in private. And I come back to what I said earlier, your attack on Pennie is a direct defense of Petey, just saying.

Am I literally the only one worried that people vote like this without any reason, are incredibly aggresive without arguments and so on?

One of the main candidates? So I should follow a jerk gorilla, an idiotic former-mayor, or a cow that can't even tell animals apart in lynching candidates that don't seem suspicious to me in the slightest?

I'm sorry you feel that me trying to pull us together to form an active fighting town is silly. I'll try to do my best to follow the lead of such upstanding citizens and bandwagon on the flimsiest of candidates.

I personally think you should follow the jerk gorilla, but I'm biased.

And I come back to what I said earlier, your attack on Pennie is a direct defense of Petey, just saying.

That's absurd. When I vote someone, don't I actually defend all the others by not voting for them?

You call me out for being aggressive, when my entire reason for voting for Pennie is that she was so aggressively after Petey. Again, how can Pennie know anything certain about Petey? She's swearing by her gut feeling, and haven't we all heard that one before?

In the Harriet Slutter books, I mean.

You call me out for being aggressive, when my entire reason for voting for Pennie is that she was so aggressively after Petey. Again, how can Pennie know anything certain about Petey? She's swearing by her gut feeling, and haven't we all heard that one before?

I know from what I have seen that Petey is whom I believe is the most likely to be scum and he is the one whose death may give us some hints. His stupidity is the part which is the gut feeling. :hmpf:

While the orangutan may be a bit of a jerk, and the boar is acting like an idiot, the fact that I can't tell animals apart has no bearing whatsoever on whether or not I'm right about this lynch.

And don't try to make it out as a heroic act you're doing - while the intention may very well be good, your opinion is more valuable in the main bandwagons - if we lynch one of them, we get much more information than just lynching a lurker.

However, I do see what you're doing, and now, let me tell you why it won't work. You may - actually, no, you will - get the lurkers to speak up with your votes. But guess what you'll get? You won't get insight as to who's scum or not from them. No ma'am. You'll get "Why are you voting me? What the fuck is up with that?" and then they won't say another word for the rest of the day.