Khorne

Heroica RPG - Quest #45: The Doctor Is In

168 posts in this topic

" Minotaur do you understand what I am saying? You are a human cow. Nothing more."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Festoon is a pretty fancy word for such tiny widdle golden horns. I don't think your rack is big enough to adorn anything." Siercon said delivering it in a slight baby voice towards the minotaur cheiftan.

OoC: excellent word choice btw!

Edited by Siercon and Coral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Festoon is a pretty fancy word for such tiny widdle golden horns. I don't think your rack is big enough to adorn anything."

OoC: excellent word choice btw!

Lycan thumbs up Siercon" Minotaurs love their horns."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"With pleasure Siercon" Zark replies whilst charging full force towards his barbaric adversary. Zark thus attacks the barbarian with a swing of his of sacred axe from the front row, confident that its immense power would be enough to shatter through any defense the barbarian put up.

Edited by Pharos712

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"With pleasure Siercon" Zark replies whilst charging full force towards his barbaric adversary. Zark thus attacks the barbarian with a swing of his of sacred axe from the front row, confident that its immense power would be enough to shatter through any defense the barbarian put up.

"So Zark, Siercon uses magic, I am rather handy with interrogations, you got any special skills?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"So Zark, Siercon uses magic, I am rather handy with interrogations, you got any special skills?

" Well Lycan i'd say my sheer fearlessness and combat ferocity would prehaps be my most attractive accet. Some have even called me a demon when they see me fight, so great becomes my ferocity and battlelust once combat has insued."

Edited by Pharos712

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

" Well Lycan i'd say my sheer fearlessness and combat ferocity would prehaps be my most attractive accet. Some have even called me a demon when they see me fight, so great becomes my ferocity and battlelust once combat has insued."

"Ferocity and battlelust? THAT'S CUTE. Zark, mortals fear demons, demons fear me, I fear crazy paladin gods who give you impossible battles. "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Ferocity and battlelust? THAT'S CUTE. Zark, mortals fear demons, demons fear me, I fear crazy paladin gods who give you impossible battles. "

"Wow Lycan you must certainly be one dangerous and powerful bastard then. My respect for you just grew immensely!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Wow Lycan you must certainly be one dangerous and powerful bastard then. My respect for you just grew immensely!"

"Dangerous is certainly right. Perhaps you shall see thei true extent of it later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I look forward to it Lycan" Zark replied with descreet excitement.

Edited by Pharos712

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I look forward to it Lycan" Zark replied with descreet excitement.

"Be careful with that Tribesmen."

"So where have you two come from?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Results of Round One of the Eubric Highway Skirmish:

Lycan Dean vs. Savage Minotaur Chieftain - Special Damage

>Siercon vs. Savage Minotaur Warrior - Great Spell (11*2)+3 = 25

Zark vs. Wild Human Tribesman - Miss

The party's first battle starts of on a wrong foot. Angered by Lycan's insults, the Minotaur Chieftain furiously headbuts the Rogue, rendering him Stunned for One Turn. As a reaction to seeing his questmate fall Siercon unleashes a Great Spell, utterly desintegrating the Minotaur Warrior in a flood of Light. A pool of blood and some equipment is all that remains. The power of Siercon's spell was in fact of such magnitude that even the Wild Tribesman was badly hurt a the grizzly light show. Momentarily blinded by the radiating light, Zark misses his attack, leaving the Tribesman standing, bleeding like a pig.

Two enemies still stand. The battle rages on!

The Enemies:

mino_1.png

"Cow-abunga, jackass!"

Savage Minotaur Chieftain

Type:
Humanoid; Beast

Level:
5

Health:
25/25

Defense:
1

Special:
Headbut
- The Minotaur charges forward and Headbuts the target, causing the target to be Stunned the next Round.

Drops: Tetsubo

mino_3.png

"Also, you can't use that word, the preferred term is
Homo Bovinus
."

Wild Human Tribesman

Type:
Humanoid

Level:
2

Health:
2
10/10

Defense:
1

Special:
Block
- The Tribesman uses his shield to block an incoming attack, taking no Damage during the next Round. The Tribesman can block up to three times before his crude shield breaks down.

Drops: Nothing

The Party:

Siercon2.jpg?t=1345135202

Siercon
(Siercon and Coral)
*** Party Leader ***

Level 3 Mage

Power:
11

Defense:
1

Health:
7/7

Ether:
5/6

Gold:
0 (Owes Namyrra (Quarryman) 60gp, Arthur (Flipz) 9gp)

Equipment:
Lullaby Wand (WP:8, sleep effect), Sylvania's Cowl
(Artifact, Head Wear, Animal Talk)
Robe of the Magi (SP:1)

Inventory:
Potion x3, Diamond, Bedroll, Scroll of Sleep.

p8110054.jpg

Zark
(Pharos721)

Level 1 Barbarian

Power:
4

Health:
8/8

Gold:
10

Equipment:
Iron Great Axe (WP3)

Inventory:
Potion, Bottle of Mead

7136144745_1a61e2e9ea_t.jpg

Lycan Dean
(TheBoyWonder)

Level 6 Rogue
*Immune to weakened*
Stunned

Power:
17

Health:
12/12

Gold:
0
(95 gold owed to Thormanil and 30 to Loreal)

Equipment:
Sword of the Croise (WP: 9), Pugillist Gloves (power +2, protects from weakened), Sylvania's Cowl (grants Animal Talk to Wearer)

Inventory:
Bedroll, Staff of The Frog Paladin (WP:6, 1/6 chance of Amphibianocs Blessing (protects from damage),
Throwing Dagger WP6 (loaned to Loreal)

oroborus_small.pngoroborus_small.pngoroborus_small.png

Party Leader, choose the order of actions.

All of you, choose your targets and the Row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, move, heal, or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone has acted.

Edited by Khorne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Battle Order:

Siercon

Zark

Lycan (Stunned)

"Wonderful, this staff works well." He whispered. "I must thank Namyrra next time we meet. Hang in there Zark you're doing great!" It was clear the staff could focus the little power he'd aquired, but the power of its lullaby was still locked within. Siercon took this opportunity to join his stunned lycan friend, in attacking the Chieftain. As he ran up, the almost full waxing moon shown behind them battle. He feared this might be the deep breath before the transformation. Lycan may be stunned for now, but in a moment... he could unleash. "I pity the cow" he said in a deep black mans voice...

Siercon attacked Savage Minotaur Chieftain with a Holy spell through his Lullaby Wand from the back row.

Edited by Siercon and Coral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Battle Order:

Siercon

Zark

Lycan

"Wonderful, this staff works well." He whispered. "I must thank Namyrra next time we meet. Hang in there Zark you're doing great!" It was clear the staff could focus the little power he'd aquired, but the power of its lullaby was still locked within. Siercon took this opportunity to join his stunned lycan friend, in attacking the Chieftain. As he ran up, the almost full waxing moon shown behind them battle. He feared this might be the deep breath before the transformation. Lycan may be stunned for now, but in a moment... he could unleash. "I pity the cow" he said in a deep black mans voice...

Siercon attacked Savage Minotaur Chieftain with a Holy spell through his Lullaby Wand from the back row.

I would pity the cow myself, would make a tasty snack, but I can't do anything like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QM Note: Since this is only a minor, getting-to-know-the-battle-system type battle AND because of personal reasons the players are aware of, I'm moving on with this fight, without Pharos' action. We have discussed this and the players have voted with a majority vote in favor of advancing the fight :classic: .

Results of Round Two of the Eubric Highway Skirmish:

>Siercon vs. Savage Minotaur Chieftain - Magic Burst 8+3 = 11 Damage to all Enemies

Zark vs. Wild Human Tribesman Savage Minotaur Chieftain - Battle Frenzy 3+1 = 4 Damage to all Enemies

Lycan Dean - Stunned

Siercon kicks off the battle once more, completely shifting the tide in the party's favor. The Mage's power overflows and a wild burst of Light fills the surroundings, hitting all Enemies. The puny Human Tribesman sucumbs to the heavy burn wounds and the Chieftain is left badly bloodied. Following Siercon's example, Zark goes into a Battle Frenzy and attacks the one remaining Enemy, but it is not enough to take him down. Meanwhile, Lycan convulsively lies on the ground, recovering from the heavy blow he received earlier.

Only one enemy remains !

The Enemies:

mino_1.png

"This is megablocks ..."

Savage Minotaur Chieftain

Type:
Humanoid; Beast

Level:
5

Health:
12/25

Defense:
1

Special:
Headbut
- The Minotaur charges forward and Headbuts the target, causing the target to be Stunned the next Round.

Drops: Tetsubo

The Party:

Siercon2.jpg?t=1345135202

Siercon
(Siercon and Coral)
*** Party Leader ***

Level 3 Mage

Power:
11

Defense:
1

Health:
7/7

Ether:
4/6

Gold:
0 (Owes Namyrra (Quarryman) 60gp, Arthur (Flipz) 9gp)

Equipment:
Lullaby Wand (WP:8, sleep effect), Sylvania's Cowl
(Artifact, Head Wear, Animal Talk)
Robe of the Magi (SP:1)

Inventory:
Potion x3, Diamond, Bedroll, Scroll of Sleep.

p8110054.jpg

Zark
(Pharos721)

Level 1 Barbarian

Power:
4

Health:
8/8

Gold:
10

Equipment:
Iron Great Axe (WP3)

Inventory:
Potion, Bottle of Mead

7136144745_1a61e2e9ea_t.jpg

Lycan Dean
(TheBoyWonder)

Level 6 Rogue
*Immune to weakened*
Stunned

Power:
17

Health:
12/12

Gold:
0
(95 gold owed to Thormanil and 30 to Loreal)

Equipment:
Sword of the Croise (WP: 9), Pugillist Gloves (power +2, protects from weakened), Sylvania's Cowl (grants Animal Talk to Wearer)

Inventory:
Bedroll, Staff of The Frog Paladin (WP:6, 1/6 chance of Amphibianocs Blessing (protects from damage),
Throwing Dagger WP6 (loaned to Loreal)

oroborus_small.pngoroborus_small.pngoroborus_small.png

QM Note: Since only one weakened enemy remains, this round will be auto-played.

Results of Round Three of the Eubric Highway Skirmish:

Lycan Dean vs. Savage Minotaur Chieftain - Special Damage

>Siercon vs. Savage Minotaur Chieftain - Spell 8+3 = 11 Damage

Zark vs. Savage Minotaur Chieftain - Hit 3+1 = 4 Damage

Lycan jumps back up, but to no avail. He immediatly receives another Headbut from the furious Minotaur and goes back to lying in the grass, even throwing up a little. The burden of dealing with the enemies falls upon Siercon's shoulders once more. With a simple flick of his wand, the Mage comes up with another Light Spell, almost taking care of the Minotaur Chieftain. Zark finishes tha fight by beheading the creature with his axe.

THIS BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS !

Everybody gains one Level of Experience !

The Party:

Siercon2.jpg?t=1345135202

Siercon
(Siercon and Coral)
*** Party Leader ***

Level 4 Mage

Power:
12

Defense:
1

Health:
7/7

Ether:
3/6

Gold:
0 (Owes Namyrra (Quarryman) 60gp, Arthur (Flipz) 9gp)

Equipment:
Lullaby Wand (WP:8, sleep effect), Sylvania's Cowl
(Artifact, Head Wear, Animal Talk)
Robe of the Magi (SP:1)

Inventory:
Potion x3, Diamond, Bedroll, Scroll of Sleep.

p8110054.jpg

Zark
(Pharos721)

Level 2 Barbarian

Power:
5

Health:
8/8

Gold:
10

Equipment:
Iron Great Axe (WP3)

Inventory:
Potion, Bottle of Mead

7136144745_1a61e2e9ea_t.jpg

Lycan Dean
(TheBoyWonder)

Level 6 Rogue
*Immune to weakened*

Power:
18

Health:
12/12

Gold:
0
(95 gold owed to Thormanil and 30 to Loreal)

Equipment:
Sword of the Croise (WP: 9), Pugillist Gloves (power +2, protects from weakened), Sylvania's Cowl (grants Animal Talk to Wearer)

Inventory:
Bedroll, Staff of The Frog Paladin (WP:6, 1/6 chance of Amphibianocs Blessing (protects from damage),
Throwing Dagger WP6 (loaned to Loreal)

oroborus_small.pngoroborus_small.pngoroborus_small.png

Party Leader, please divide the spoils of the battle:

tetsubo.jpgTetsubo WP: 5 - This heavy two handed mace club is made from pure iron and is mostly used as an anti-cavalry weapon, breaking the kneecaps of horses. Suitable for Barbarians.

shield.jpgShield SP: 1 - A basic shield. Suitable for Knights.

warhammer.jpgCrude Warhammer WP: 4 - An everyday tool converted for battle. Suitable for Clerics and Barbarians.

Edited by Khorne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Well done guys! Zark you placed some excellent blows, including killing their leader!" Turning to Lycan Siercon continued. "You did great, you took some pretty big hits that would have left either Zark or I more than stunned. Way to take a couple for the team!' With this Siercon sifted through the burning remains of the Minotaur he had consumed in light. There was no gold, but several other items caught his foot as he shuffled around.

"Looks like we got some keepers guys!" he shouted "Especially for you Zark" he said with a smile.

Siercon handed the Tetsubo to Zark.

"I think I'll hold on to this shield, unless you guys want it?" Siercon keeps the sheild

"And Lycan you can totally have this warhammer... to bad neither of us can use any of these things but, hopefully we can get a pretty penny for'm" Siercon gave the warhammer to Lycan and took a seat on the grass. "Does that sound fair to you guys?"

Edited by Siercon and Coral

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Well done guys! Zark you placed some excellent blows, including killing their leader!" Turning to Lycan Siercon continued. "You did great, you took some pretty big hits that would have left either Zark or I more than stunned. Way to take a couple for the team!' With this Siercon sifted through the burning remains of the Minotaur he had consumed in light. There was no gold, but several other items caught his foot as he shuffled around.

"Looks like we got some keepers guys!" he shouted "Especially for you Zark" he said with a smile.

Siercon handed the Tetsubo to Zark.

"I think I'll hold on to this shield, unless you guys want it?" Siercon keeps the sheild

"And Lycan you can totally have this warhammer... to bad neither of us can use any of these things but, hopefully we can get a pretty penny for'm" Siercon gave the warhammer to Lycan and took a seat on the grass. "Does that sound fair to you guys?"

"Seems fair. As for the dead human cow over there, I've had harder hits from Eubrics Resident Harlot Harriet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Well done guys! Zark you placed some excellent blows, including killing their leader!" Turning to Lycan Siercon continued. "You did great, you took some pretty big hits that would have left either Zark or I more than stunned. Way to take a couple for the team!' With this Siercon sifted through the burning remains of the Minotaur he had consumed in light. There was no gold, but several other items caught his foot as he shuffled around.

"Looks like we got some keepers guys!" he shouted "Especially for you Zark" he said with a smile.

Siercon handed the Tetsubo to Zark.

"I think I'll hold on to this shield, unless you guys want it?" Siercon keeps the sheild

"And Lycan you can totally have this warhammer... to bad neither of us can use any of these things but, hopefully we can get a pretty penny for'm" Siercon gave the warhammer to Lycan and took a seat on the grass. "Does that sound fair to you guys?"

"Nice thanks Siercon, it looks to be fine weapon indeed" Zark cheerfully accepts the Tetsubo. "Now if guys don't mind I'm just gunna go fetch a drink. All that fighting made me work up a sweat"!

Edited by Pharos712

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Nice thanks Siercon, it looks to be fine weapon indeed" Zark cheerfully accepts the Tetsubo. "Now if guys don't mind I'm just gunna go fetch a drink. All that fighting made me work up a sweat"!

Fetch a drink? We are on Eubric Highway. Take one of mine (Always store some water in my gourd.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fetch a drink? We are on Eubric Highway. Take one of mine (Always store some water in my gourd.)

Zark happily takes the drink and proceeds to gulp it down at an astonishing speed. Wiping his mouth Zark says "Thanks Lycan, you'll have to forgive me of course I'm quite new to this whole area, for where I came from water was plentiful wherever you went."

Edited by Pharos712

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zark happily takes the drink and proceeds to gulp it down at an astonishing speed. Wiping his mouth Zark says "Thanks Lycan, you'll have to forgive me of course I'm quite new to this whole area, for where I came from water was plentiful wherever you went."

I was born in the hovels, I ran away from home pretty early, got kidnapped when I tried to mug a gang leader. They saw my prowess and raised me in the docks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile Siercon unrolls his bedroll and lies down. It's all very interesting, and he does his best to pay attention, while his heavy eyelids sink. Perhaps tomorrow I can... but he didnt finish his thought.

OoC: Remember to change your stats :) we all gained a lvl and items. I think I'm the only one who needs to rest...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Turns out I still have my throwing dagger. Adam messaged me saying keep the dagger (he was going to post in the hall but I had left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While Siercon hits the sack for a quick night's rest, Pharos and Lycan decide to chat through the night. The morning comes early and Siercon is well rested. Eager to get going, the party continues to travel along Eubric Highway, which was bustling with more people now, mostly traders and adventurers.

It took the heroes half a day's worth of travelling to reach their destination. A small winding path lead the heroes away from the Highway, into the mountains. Soon, they located what they thought was most likely the cave the later had spoken about. A hearse stood next to the entrance, but it was empty. Even the horses were gone. Lycan took point and approached the cave entrance, noticing a weird stone statue. When he closed in for inspection, someone cam out of the cave, running.

6.jpg

As soon as the person noticed Lycan, he stopped. At first he seemed violent, but then calmed down. His nostrils widened and the man sniffed the air. It had a soothing effect, as the hostility ebbed away. Still, the person was nervous, checking his back regularly as he engaged in conversation.

werewolf_runt.png

"Brother Werewolf! You got to help me, we're getting killed over there. It's madness, this isn't what I signed up for. Not at all! This was supposed to be an easy job!"

How will Lycan react?

oroborus_small.pngoroborus_small.pngoroborus_small.png

The Party:

Siercon2.jpg?t=1345135202

Siercon
(Siercon and Coral)
*** Party Leader ***

Level 4 Mage

Power:
12

Defense:
1

Health:
7/7

Ether:
6/6

Gold:
0 (Owes Namyrra (Quarryman) 60gp, Arthur (Flipz) 9gp)

Equipment:
Lullaby Wand (WP:8, sleep effect), Sylvania's Cowl
(Artifact, Head Wear, Animal Talk)
Robe of the Magi (SP:1)

Inventory:
Potion x3, Diamond, Bedroll, Scroll of Sleep, Shield (SP:1)

p8110054.jpg

Zark
(Pharos721)

Level 2 Barbarian

Power:
5

Health:
8/8

Gold:
10

Equipment:
Iron Great Axe (WP3)

Inventory:
Potion, Bottle of Mead, Tetsubo (WP:5)

7136144745_1a61e2e9ea_t.jpg

Lycan Dean
(TheBoyWonder)

Level 6 Rogue
*Immune to weakened*

Power:
18

Health:
12/12

Gold:
0
(95 gold owed to Thormanil and 30 to Loreal)

Equipment:
Sword of the Croise (WP: 9), Pugillist Gloves
(Power +2, protects from weakened)
, Sylvania's Cowl
(grants Animal Talk to Wearer)

Inventory:
Bedroll, Staff of The Frog Paladin (WP:6,
1/6 chance of Amphibianocs Blessing (protects from damage)
), Throwing Dagger (WP6), Warhammer WP:4)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brother! So good to meet another Werewolf. WHAT? WHO DARES ATTACK US WEREWOLVES? LET'S GO! I don't care whether you guys follow me.I fear it is our quest hirer, but if it is, I'm killing him. NO ONE, BUT NO ONE HARS THE WEREWOLVES

Lycan lets of a blood curdling howl, which makes even the other werewolf seem nervous.

Lycan (werewolf) charges inside.

Edited by TheBoyWonder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.