Sign in to follow this  
Bob De Quatre

[LDD MOC] Republic gunship

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Today's MOC is a republic gunship. It's fast and very well armed.

It's manned by one pilot and one gunner.

The four turrets are linked with technic gears so they rotate together.

The rear opens to attach cargo, or drop pod full of clones troopers :classic:

lddscreenshot43.png

lddscreenshot44.png

lddscreenshot45.png

lddscreenshot46.png

lddscreenshot47.png

lddscreenshot48.png

lddscreenshot49.png

lddscreenshot50.png

lddscreenshot51.png

Nice one! You're becoming great at building detailed ships in LDD. :classic: From this picture it almost looks like a mech! :tongue: My only criticism is that it seems off-balance. It looks like it might tip over backwards if it were built IRL.

Nice one! You're becoming great at building detailed ships in LDD. :classic: From this picture it almost looks like a mech! :tongue: My only criticism is that it seems off-balance. It looks like it might tip over backwards if it were built IRL.

It's clearly off-balance, that's why the engine can rotate in landing position (and that's the pic I forgot to put :hmpf: )

lddscreenshot52.png

Bob, you have some really cool designs. You should gather them in a portfolio, with descriptions of features and inspiration sources. Send it all to Lego and ask if they are hiring - assuming you are tired of your current occupation :wink:

Bob, you have some really cool designs. You should gather them in a portfolio, with descriptions of features and inspiration sources. Send it all to Lego and ask if they are hiring - assuming you are tired of your current occupation :wink:

Wow, I don't know if I deserve such nice comment, but thanks a lot mortesv :blush:

Great work, you have a volcanic mind :tongue:

I agree with mortesv, you should make a portfolio with all your models. :classic:

Wow. It looks great, I love the changeable angles of everything. The shaping is really unusual, but very nice.

That's not a bad suggestion mortesv! You should really consider doing this Bob De Quatre, you'll never know when TLC is hiring new staff!

Thanks all.

It would be amazing to work for TLC... But I don't plan on moving, I love where I live :wink:

Here is the drop pod with 4 clones trooper (with the wrong orso piece)

lddscreenshot53.png

lddscreenshot54.png

Nice drop pod, i especially like how you created a stairs effect with the cheese slopes!

Here is the drop pod with 4 clones trooper (with the wrong orso piece)

Now that's a great idea, it balances out the appearance, and adds another feature to the ship (a great one at that).